Thread: Ontario politics

Default Ontario politics

Change may be coming to Ontario:

Wynne admits she won't win Ontario election
    The Canadian Press, Saturday, June 2, 2018

“The premier, whose party has been trailing behind the Progressive Conservatives and the New Democrats in the polls, is urging voters to elect as many Liberals as possible to prevent the other parties from forming a majority government.”

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada...tion-1.3956506

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Change may be coming to Ontario:

Wynne admits she won't win Ontario election
    The Canadian Press, Saturday, June 2, 2018

“The premier, whose party has been trailing behind the Progressive Conservatives and the New Democrats in the polls, is urging voters to elect as many Liberals as possible to prevent the other parties from forming a majority government.”

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada...tion-1.3956506

Top_Dawg loves it.

More like:

“The premier, whose party has been trailing behind the Progressive Conservatives and the New Democrats in the polls, is urging voters to elect as many Liberals as possible in a shamelessly desperate attempt to not have the Ontario Liberal party sent to political oblivion.”

C2E Continued Contributor

True. I believe they need to have 8 seats to be an official party? And I don't think they're projected to get that...

They say that even ol' wind bag is in danger of losing her seat.

That's worse than when ol' jimbo bimbo drove the PC bus off a cliff.

And we ended up with scarecrow.

And a projected $100 bil in debt.
    Last edited by Top_Dawg; 04-06-2018 at 04:19 PM.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Current projections:
    PC: 71
    NDP: 52
    Lib: 1

The interesting part is NDP and PC's are polling almost identically around 37%. I would be curious to know how it would go down with a ranked ballot and required greater than 50% of the vote. I expect that would push the NDP seat count up.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Turnbull View Post

Lib: 1

That's hilarious.

Wynne is so bloody power hungry, she's the most despised premier, and she still thinks there is a chance to prop up the NDP. Horvath, is just as bad and just as costly. Free, everything is free!!

Poor Ont, if they vote her in, they will be worse than Wynne and all her screw ups! I should say parts of Ontario...Toronto doesn't care.

C2E SME

I pity a province who’d elect Doug Ford.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cat View Post
    After Wynne, it will mean tax cuts and not a choice between food and paying your hydro bill. Maybe take a peek at a hydro bill , brought to you by Wynne bag

They aren’t in a recession but keep pushing up their deficits and debt.

Borrowing from Peter to cut Paul’s taxes:

Doug Ford’s PCs would run higher deficits than NDP and Liberals, economists say | Globalnews.ca

“Moffatt included a second set of projections for all three parties that use the accounting methods of the Auditor General, which show the projected deficits to be nearly double. The difference in bookkeeping stems from an issues involving two of the province’s largest public pension plans and from the Liberals’ Fair Hydro Plan.

“We still don’t know from any of the parties what accounting methods they would use,” he said. “We really don’t know what the PC plan is.”

Don Drummond, an economist with Queen’s University, said it’s almost impossible to determine an accurate economic projection for Ford’s plan as some items are costed, some aren’t and others costed over different time periods.

“This is unacceptable,” Drummond said, adding the proposed spending far exceeds $6 billion. “It should at least explain how initiatives are going to be funded.”

“The net impact of this plan is an increase in the deficit from what it would have been otherwise.” ...”

https://globalnews.ca/news/4245631/d...it-economists/

Apparently he hasn't been sharing the proceeds from his drug sales.

Rob Ford’s widow sues Doug Ford, alleging he has deprived her and her children of millions

The widow and children of former Toronto mayor Rob Ford are suing his brother Doug Ford, alleging he has deprived them of millions of dollars, including shares in the family business and a life insurance policy left behind to support his family.

In a $16.5-million lawsuit filed Friday in Superior Court, Renata Ford also alleges that former brother-in-law Doug Ford is a “negligent” business manager whose decisions have led to a steady decrease in the value of the Ford company, Deco Labels. Despite setting his sights on a political career, Doug has continued to receive “extravagant compensation,” even though Deco is losing money, Renata claims in her court filings.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...-millions.html

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cat View Post
    After Wynne, it will mean tax cuts and not a choice between food and paying your hydro bill. Maybe take a peek at a hydro bill , brought to you by Wynne bag
    Pretty ironic that you seem to be in favor of Ford, immediately after saying "Horvath, is just as bad and just as costly. Free, everything is free!!" The guy couldn't even pull together a costed election platform that added the numbers up. See KC's post above, as well as: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ford-pcs-platform-cost-fiscal-1.4684590

I'm all for giving the Liberals the boot in Ontario; they should have been turfed the last election, if not before. They've completely mismanaged numerous files and senior political staff have literally gone to jail for trying to hide their mistakes in the gas plant closures. But I don't see how Doug Ford is the answer there, at all. It's a shame that Patrick Brown turned out to be such a dirt bag, because he otherwise had a pretty reasonable platform.

Horvath was one billion out in her platform, a billion!
    Gee, I can't think why!
    Flahertys wife would have been great for the PCs..

C2E SME

At least the NDP made the attempt at the math. Doug Ford couldn't even be bothered. There's a 6 billion dollar "efficiencies" savings in his platform that is complete BS. But oh lawdy, the NDP goofed by a billion! The humanity!

Doug Ford is so terrible, I'm left to defend the NDP. Ugh.

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/kell...#comments-area

I wonder if the NDP got rid of that horrible woman that won't ever wear a poppy, or the one with Hitler Memes, or the one guy who had a sign F police..wow! Classy..not! And Horvath did nothing to these moronic candidates!

At least the NDP made the attempt at the math.
    bwaha!!!
    Last edited by H.L.; 05-06-2018 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    At least the NDP made the attempt at the math. Doug Ford couldn't even be bothered. There's a 6 billion dollar "efficiencies" savings in his platform that is complete BS. But oh lawdy, the NDP goofed by a billion! The humanity!

Doug Ford is so terrible, I'm left to defend the NDP. Ugh.

Conservatives have been known to spend, spend, spend too

Premier reveals Saskatchewan flirted with bankruptcy
    Undisclosed federal bailout averted crisis in 1993 Saturday, March 22, 1997
    By David Roberts
    The Globe and Mail

Saskatchewan was on the brink of declaring bankruptcy in early 1993 and might have done so if the prime minister, Brian Mulroney, had not stepped in with emergency financial assistance, Premier Roy Romanow revealed yesterday. ...

"It would have been quite an embarrassment for Canada--let alone Saskatchewan--had that ever taken place. It's just a little inside story about how grave it was."

Mr. Romanow did not reveal the terms of the federal bailout, but in March of 1993, The Globe published a story disclosing that federal officials were quietly canvassing the country's financial community to draw up contingency plans in the event some provinces were no longer able to raise money in foreign bond markets. ...

"It was a crisis for us in 1993," said Mr. Romanow, who discovered when he took office late in 1991 that his government had inherited a financial strait jacket after a decade of deficit spending by the previous Tory government of Grant Devine. ...

https://cs.uwaterloo.ca/~alopez-o/po...dMarticle.html

Unyielding fiscal policies are Romanow's greatest legacy

JANET MCFARLAND
    PUBLISHED SEPTEMBER 28, 2000
    UPDATED APRIL 4, 2018

“Looking back at a time when politicians are tripping over themselves to promise bigger and bigger tax cuts, it seems incredible that Mr. Romanow won respect in Saskatchewan when he raised taxes and imposed an economic austerity program after his landslide election in 1991.

The province was virtually bankrupt after a decade of financial mismanagement by Grant Devine's scandal-plagued Conservative government.

When Mr. Romanow was elected, the province had an accumulated debt of $15-billion and an annual deficit of $852-million. Its credit rating had been downgraded sharply and it had the highest per capita debt in Canada.

Mr. Romanow's "third way" pragmatic solution (...) was to raise taxes and cut costs, including the closing or conversion of 52 community hospitals and cuts to universities. User fees for provincially operated utilities soared, he froze civil service wages and implemented various "pullbacks" in provincial funding.

But the austerity worked. Mr. Romanow had the budget balanced by 1994, and has now tabled seven successive balanced budgets. Surpluses have been used to so far pay down about $4-billion of the accumulated debt, and Mr. Romanow has also cut taxes. ...”

“...Tommy Douglas, was in office for 18 years before introducing medicare ... Allan Blakeney, NDP premier from 1971 to 1982, tabled 11 successive surplus budgets.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...article770096/
    Bolding mine
    Last edited by KC; 04-06-2018 at 11:54 PM.

[QUOTE=kkozoriz;888713]Apparently he hasn't been sharing the proceeds from his drug sales.

Rob Ford’s widow sues Doug Ford, alleging he has deprived her and her children of millions

The widow and children of former Toronto mayor Rob Ford are suing his brother Doug Ford, alleging he has deprived them of millions of dollars, including shares in the family business and a life insurance policy left behind to support his family.

In a $16.5-million lawsuit filed Friday in Superior Court, Renata Ford also alleges that former brother-in-law Doug Ford is a “negligent” business manager whose decisions have led to a steady decrease in the value of the Ford company, Deco Labels. Despite setting his sights on a political career, Doug has continued to receive “extravagant compensation,” even though Deco is losing money, Renata claims in her court filings.

[/QUOTE

Now, now neither the drug dealer allegations or the stealing from his late brother's family allegations have been proven in a court of law yet

However on the top ten things you don't want to be accused of in the last week of a close election race, stealing from widows and orphans must be near the top. Perhaps the only fortunate thing for Doug Ford here is Renata is very much alive so his brothers children are not orphans.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    It's a shame that Patrick Brown turned out to be such a dirt bag, because he otherwise had a pretty reasonable platform.
    What happened with Brown is pretty amazing. There are suspicions that he was stabbed in the back by his own party because of his moderate platform.

He won the Conservative leadership convention quite handily back in 2015 with over 60% of the party's vote over Christine Elliott who was the wife of the late ex Finance Minister Jim Flaherty. His ouster created a huge leadership vacuum that Ford was able to exploit.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

[QUOTE=Dave;888734]
    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Apparently he hasn't been sharing the proceeds from his drug sales.

[/QUOTE

Now, now neither the drug dealer allegations or the stealing from his late brother's family allegations have been proven in a court of law yet

However on the top ten things you don't want to be accused of in the last week of a close election race, stealing from widows and orphans must be near the top. Perhaps the only fortunate thing for Doug Ford here is Renata is very much alive so his brothers children are not orphans.
    Browns sister, works at the law firm Doug's sister in law is using, coincidence? I very much doubt it. Brown wasn't liked enough to win, I still wish Christine Elliot was running!

Well the big day is here.

Top_Dawg is curious to see how bad ol' wind bag will get scissored.

Story at eleven.

Andrew Coyne's article from the National Post.
    http://nationalpost.com/opinion/andr...snt-deserve-it

Gotta say I agree. What a gong-show. No matter what the outcome, Ontario is going to go from bad to worse.

Not even close!!!LOL!..bye bye Wynne bag!☺😊😀😁😀😊☺

First step, Premier Ford. Next stop Prime Minister Ford!
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

First step, Premier Ford. Next step, inmate #276-817

He will run Ontario as well as his family business since his dad died. Both in the ground.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by norwoodguy View Post

Let me think about that for a while.

Uhhh. .. no!
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by norwoodguy View Post
    No, I dont think so..but he cant be any worse of a premier that Wynne, god she was awful. She was also in power way, way too long. Last count, they didn't even have party status

The poor red/ Toronto Star, they slagged Ford off daily, and it didn't matter one bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    He will run Ontario as well as his family business since his dad died. Both in the ground.
    Haven't the NDP and Liberals ran Ontario into the ground? They are between $325 and $350 billion in debt.

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    Haven't the NDP and Liberals ran Ontario into the ground? They are between $325 and $350 billion in debt.
    Yes! Wynne did most of the damage..!!!

it's interesting how little credit the pcs got in ontario leading up to today. Polls were wrong as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    it's interesting how little credit the pcs got in ontario leading up to today. Polls were wrong as usual...
    I loved watching CBC stumble around tonight..too much fun!

Huh? All of the polls near the end of the campaign were pointing to a majority PC government. Which is exactly what happened.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/onvotes/poll-tracker/

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    Do you think Ford can turn it around?

I highly doubt it.

Ontario has been a basket case for decades. The Ontario Hydro fiasco has been a huge drain on what should be a successful province.

Quote Originally Posted by East McCauley View Post
    Huh? All of the polls near the end of the campaign were pointing to a majority PC government. Which is exactly what happened.

All I kept seeing was the ndp were nearly tied in the polls or at times leading... anytime I checked Twitter you would think the pcs were going to lose the election.

The Ndp losers crying like the world was ending on Twitter last night was a bit much.

Maybe stop getting your news from twitter and social media.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Requoted for emphasis...

Twitter is just loud, boisterous, and irreverent. It is not a news source.
    Since calm logic doesn't work, I guess it is time to employ sarcasm. ...and before you call me an a-hole...remember, I am a Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Requoted for emphasis...

Twitter is just loud, boisterous, and irreverent. It is not a news source.
    Requoted for emphasis... X2

Tell that to the POTUS

With the polls it always pays to look at them yourself and know the difference between popular vote and seats. The NDP gained huge ground from a month ago but they while they briefly were ahead in the polls for popular vote they were never ahead in seats. The final polling was very close to the actual. Twitter isn't about data, it's about who's the loudest at promoting their narrative. The NDP and their supporters need to drive the narrative that they were gaining, which they were, in order to get more voters on board. The reality is they never quite caught up and were actually losing ground in week before the vote.

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by East McCauley View Post

All I kept seeing was the ndp were nearly tied in the polls or at times leading... anytime I checked Twitter you would think the pcs were going to lose the election.

The Ndp losers crying like the world was ending on Twitter last night was a bit much.
    It was always made clear in articles accompanying the polls that the PC's had a more efficient vote, and even if the vote share was tied, that they'd at worst end up with a minority, if not a majority. Everyone who was paying attention knew the NDP had to win by at least a few points to even have a hope of forming a minority.

^guess I shouldn't have skimmed the last few polls.. to be honest I try to avoid politics in general as it brings out the worst with everyone here and elsewhere.

But.... I couldn't stop myself from reading some reactions as it seemed many thought the world has ended. So many lulz from the ndp supporters across Canada crying and whining.

^guess I shouldn't have skimmed the last few polls.. to be honest I try to avoid politics in general as it brings out the worst with everyone here and elsewhere.

But.... I couldn't stop myself from reading some reactions as it seemed many thought the world has ended. So many lulz from the ndp supporters across Canada crying and whining.

The NDP will be crying for mnths, its what they do..ignore it!

It happens every time a conservative wins an election. The hand-wringing by lefties over this result is not quite as awesome as it was when Trump won, but it's pretty darn close! Too bad Facebook wasn't a thing when Ralph Klein was winning every election in a landslide. Ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    It happens every time a conservative wins an election. The hand-wringing by lefties over this result is not quite as awesome as it was when Trump won, but it's pretty darn close! Too bad Facebook wasn't a thing when Ralph Klein was winning every election in a landslide. Ha ha.
    Fairly normal for whomever is on the losing side to be unhappy. Alberta has had three years of listening to the conservative types whine and wail.

The hand wringing, the clutching of the pearls...LOL

Yeah, Top_Dawg was also laughing.

The CBC analysts tried to spin the narrative of how well Horwath did and what an effective official opposition they will be.

When the reality is that she has led the dipshits into three elections and didn't get close even once.

Time for the party to choose somebody new.

But nice try CBC.

It happens every time a anyone wins an election.
    I've fixed your quote... to make it more true. Anytime anyone wins an election, there's always a small minority that is upset. Look at all the hate around the province of Alberta when Notley and her NDP crew was elected... Look at all the republicans that were threatening to move to liberal Canada when Obama won, and also when he was re-elected...

MrOilers clearly operates with far-far right blinders on. Doug Ford would probably be a democrat in the USA, the republican party has shifted so far to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Dawg View Post

Yeah, Top_Dawg was also laughing.

The CBC analysts tried to spin the narrative of how well Horwath did and what an effective official opposition they will be.

When the reality is that she has led the dipshits into three elections and didn't get close even once.

Time for the party to choose somebody new.

But nice try CBC.

Very true..

Governments are like diapers. They need to be changed regularly and often, for EXACTLY the same reason...

Laughable when someone mentions Ralph Klein. The guy was an ***** with no plan. Horse racing did well though...
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 08-06-2018 at 05:08 PM.

Well around 15 years is more than long enough in most normal places, probably changing every 8 to 12 years is better, that's around the time when parties tend to start to become arrogant and lose their way.

I suppose we will see how the PC's under Ford go but I am not too optimistic. If he does have a vision or plan, he sure seems to have been hiding it during the election, which is probably not a good sign. I think his honeymoon might be short lived if he starts to make cuts after talking about not doing that in the campaign.

How long were the PC's in power here? 47 years?

How long were the PC's in power here? 47 years?
    Close, but not quite that long. It might have seemed longer close to the end. Old governments do not age well.

I bet the PCs find the books have been cooked, abd cooked again.Wynne isn't going to be happy!! LOL

I bet the PCs find the books have been cooked, abd cooked again.Wynne isn't going to be happy!! LOL
    They are all cooked, by every party. Very briefly, under Ralph Klein, some respectable if not valiant efforts were made to properly account for some things. For example, in decades of prior ‘accounting’ billions in assets weren’t even being tracked and notionally depreciated. So the engineers might know when a dam would face replacement but the politicians busily entrenching new pet spending commitments to the maximum that the market will allow, were left clueless as to storms on the horizon.

Accounting is mostly just filling in forms and if the forms don’t have lines to be filled in, they aren’t recorded. Or numbers are rolled into meaningless categories that hide the pending impacts.

They are all cooked, by every party. Very briefly, under Ralph Klein, some respectable if not valiant efforts were made to properly account for some things. For example, in decades of prior ‘accounting’ billions in assets weren’t even being tracked and notionally depreciated. So the engineers might know when a dam would face replacement but the politicians busily entrenching new pet spending commitments to the maximum that the market will allow, were left clueless as to storms on the horizon.

Accounting is mostly just filling in forms and if the forms don’t have lines to be filled in, they aren’t recorded. Or numbers are rolled into meaningless categories that hide the pending impacts.

Of course, we can never have a post with poor Ralph being posted about, he's dead, Wynne is very much alive and she taxed the people of Ontario to death..she a bag!

Ah yes, "poor Ralph". He who simply decided to stop standard upkeep on infrastructure. He who decided the proper way to deal with the homeless was to show up at a drunk shelter and throw a couple of bucks on the ground. He who didn't like the briefing book he was given so he threw it at the head of the page who gave it to him.

He was a peach.

Poor Ralph said he had a plan. Later he admitted that he had no plan. Just cut and cut until the system broke and then patch up the mistakes. It took a generation to replace all the nurses who left the province. We all suffered.

He was more than a peach. He was Trump before Trump.

Of course, we can never have a post with poor Ralph being posted about, he's dead, Wynne is very much alive and she taxed the people of Ontario to death..she a bag!
    Can’t even praise the guy and his administration for being a noteworthy model for anything? Wow!

Can’t even praise the guy and his administration for being a noteworthy model for anything? Wow!
    Sorry about that KC..

Doug Ford made all sorts of promises that conflict with economics and a balanced budget. Then there is a looming trade war with the US that could hurt Ontarion manufacturing worse than any other province. All this and promises not to fire a single government employee!

Tax cuts and rebatesFord has pitched a series of tax cuts he said will stimulate the economy and put more money in the pockets of Ontarians. Together they add up to roughly $5.76 billion in lost revenue each year.

Ford promised a 20 per cent reduction in the rate of the province’s second tax bracket, <snip>. Cost: $2.26 billion per year.
    The Tories have also pledged to reduce the corporate tax rate to 10.5 per cent from 11.5 per cent starting in Year 2. Cost: $1.3 billion annually.
    Ford promised to lower the price of gasoline by 10 cents a litre <snip>. Cost: $1.19 billion per year,
    The PCs committed to eliminating provincial taxes for minimum wage earners. Cost: $558 million per year.
    Ford’s child-care plan tax rebate of up to $6,750 per child for families Cost: $389 million per year.
    Ford promised to lower the rate of tax for small businesses to 3.2 per cent from 3.5 per cent Cost: $60 million annually.
    New spendingThe Tories have made a series of big-spending promises on transit, health care and other key priorities. So far, the PCs promises add up to just over $8 billion.

Ford has pledged money for subways, relief lines and two-way GO Transit service to Niagara Falls. <snip> Cost: $5 billion.
    Ford committed to hydro customers, promising to reduce rates by 12 per cent <snip> Cost: $733 to $833 million per year.
    Uploading responsibility for Toronto transit infrastructure onto the provincial government. Cost: $160 million per year for current assets alone.
    <snip>
    Ford committed funding for mental health and addictions and supportive housing. Cost: $190 million per year for 10 years
    A Tory government would increase funding for children with autism. Cost: $100 million over mandate
    The PCs have also committed to creating 15,000 long-term beds within five years, and 30,000 over the next 10 years. cost is $62,000 per bed per year.
    Ford is promising to fire the CEO and directors of Hydro One over their compensation packages. Firing the CEO alone would cost at least $10.7 million in severance. Cost: unknown
    Ford promised a Tory government would offer dental coverage for low-income seniors. Cost: $98 million per year
    A provincial insurance program for farmers from $100 million to $150 million Cost: $50 million per year.
    Ford has vowed to fight a possible federal carbon tax. Cost: $30 million
    The party wants to share revenues directly with northern Ontario communities Cost: $30 million per year.
    The party plans to reduce aviation fuel taxes to bring down the cost of flying-in supplies. Cost: $11 million per year.
    The PCs want to bring back passenger rail service to northern Ontario. Cost: $45 million.
    The PCs have pledged to support a series of environmental initiatives to create a “cleaner Ontario.” Cost: $500 million
    <snip>
    The party pledged to set up additional funds for police to fight organized crime, human trafficking and drugs: Cost $35 million.
    The party vowed to hire more corrections, probation and parole officers <snip> Cost: $30 million per year.
    Ford has also vowed to tackle Ontario’s debt — currently projected at $325 billion for 2018-2019 <snip> Cost: unknown
    Ending the province’s cap and trade emission pricing plan, Cost: $1.9 billion.
    excerpts from https://globalnews.ca/news/4212454/o...ford-promises/

None it matters. He won.

I suppose what remains to be seen is if Ford can do a good enough job to convince Ontarians to re-elect him, or if Ford's PCs are going to end up like Notley's NDP (a one-term protest vote).

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Yup. It remains to be seen if he was voted in, or as in Alberta, the reality was the party in power was simply voted out in protest.
    Since calm logic doesn't work, I guess it is time to employ sarcasm. ...and before you call me an a-hole...remember, I am a Dick.

I suppose what remains to be seen is if Ford can do a good enough job to convince Ontarians to re-elect him, or if Ford's PCs are going to end up like Notley's NDP (a one-term protest vote).
    I think it was time for the liberals to go, and many Ontarians wanted the PCs to win this election. This wasn't a protest vote, those who protested him winning, put their vote to Horvath...
    I hope they give him enough time, because Ontario is broke, they are a have not province, they had a triple A rating, that they saw vanish..
    I'm thrilled that JT will have another battle on his hands, for this cash grab carbon tax!

Do you think Ford can turn it around?

I highly doubt it.

Ontario has been a basket case for decades. The Ontario Hydro fiasco has been a huge drain on what should be a successful province.
    A properly run government can at least start to turn things around, that is one huge debt which will take many years to pay back. Getting out of the carbon cap and trade with California and Quebec is a good thing. Fighting Trudeau on the carbon tax as well is a good thing. Stabilizing electricity rates to more reasonable levels is also a good thing. As for the debt itself Health, Education and other social program take up 75.8% of the spending, so if want to balance to budget you have to cut costs there;
    https://www.fin.gov.on.ca/en/budget/...2017/ch3c.html

How are you going to cut costs without firing anyone?

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Seriously PRT?

Vendor deals, efficiencies within process, knocking down intra/intercompany bureaucratic barriers, reprioritizing non eseential projects, redepolying existing staff on value add initiatives, removing boondoggles....

you know...the reason why I get brought onto companies to do OCM. Layoffs are not the first course of action, they are just the laziest...