Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Provincial Super Lab - South Campus

I dont recall the ndp saying there would be huge disasters, however its pretty premature to declare anything at this point, I would think...? Considering the superlab wouldnt be finished for many years from now had construction been allowed to continue... the net effects of cancellation are still yet to be seen

C2E Hard Core Contributor

^^Who to believe?

A recommendation from the Health Quality Council of Alberta detailing the need for state of the art centralized medical laboratory services in Northern Alberta, or a Dynalife press release masquerading as an Journal news story?

C2E Continued Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    Meanwhile life goes on, without huge disasters the NDP predicted with the cancellation of the super lab
    https://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...-north-america
    Little premature don't ya think? They were building for future needs not for current ones. Of course the skies not gonna fall when they cancel something that wouldn't be done construction for at least another couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    I dont recall the ndp saying there would be huge disasters, however its pretty premature to declare anything at this point, I would think...? Considering the superlab wouldnt be finished for many years from now had construction been allowed to continue... the net effects of cancellation are still yet to be seen
    Anyone who understands construction timeliness and the concept of planning ahead would realize the disaster is not going to happen now, but in the future, in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    Meanwhile life goes on, without huge disasters the NDP predicted with the cancellation of the super lab
    https://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...-north-america
    What kind of astro-turfing nonsense is this? The contract with Dynalife is not taxpayer friendly, and the combination of a lack of consolidated services and increased usage will lead to a strain on the system. Can Dynalife meet those needs? Probably, but it will be outside the scope of the current agreement, and we'll pay dearly for it.

C2E Long Term Contributor
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

ucp superlab specifications and regulations:

https://img.fifa.com/image/upload/datdz0pms85gbnqy4j3k.pdf
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

C2E SME

"Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post

Really? Yuck!
    Animals are my passion.

Seeing as you're posting this, I assume the correct response is to cheer it's cancellation?

While cheering the "Edmonton Superlab" in the Manulife 2 podium

Cut and paste window job from the Milner

Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Seeing as you're posting this, I assume the correct response is to cheer it's cancellation?

While cheering the "Edmonton Superlab" in the Manulife 2 podium
    Actually... it was to post something that I had not seen before that was relevant.
    www.decl.org

And the image is all you're going to see of it. You must be so proud.

Don't worry, Keneney will revive the project as a campaign promise just before the election, but at twice the cost...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

press F to pay respects

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Don't worry, Keneney will revive the project as a campaign promise just before the election, but at twice the cost...
    Nah, he'll expand the existing lab in Calgary and ship everything there for testing that would have been done here. We'll still do the stuff downtown that they're currently doing but the more advanced tests (with higher trained and paid technicians) will head south on the QE2.

But don't worry. A handful of people from the Manulife podium will pick up a sandwich at lunchtime. And isn't that what we should really be concerned about when it comes to healthcare?

And don't forget, this also helps keep the podium as we like it, lacking a tower and street activation.
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 24-09-2019 at 09:06 AM.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

In the coming apocalypse of UCP austerity, this cancellation is just an amuse bouche.
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Tada - from 'Unrealized'

https://twitter.com/IanOyeg/status/1181294371238363137
    @ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

You must be so proud of yourself.

Same windows as the Milner Library.

I guess that all the good architects left town.

If you think that this decision had anything to do with me, thank you.
    www.decl.org

If you think that this decision had anything to do with me, thank you.
    Are you admitting that your lobbying efforts on behalf of the DBA are actually just for show?

Interesting.

...or that you felt like I had any real influence in that decision.

Anyways, kinda like the design.
    www.decl.org

Ian, you should just put the bitter old Polack on Ignore. Let him continue beating his dead horses to nobody but himself.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Anyone else seem to notice that when the Premier of Ontario cut funding to build ANOTHER University in Ontario the Federal Government stepped in and provided the funding, but when the new Premier of Alberta cancels a super-lab that can benefit not only Edmonton but Northern Alberta we hear crickets from the Feds? Its too bad it was cancelled, the design is impressive and would have been a nice addition to the area..... oh well, chalk it up on the list of 'almost for Edmonton'

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Railplanes View Post
    Anyone else seem to notice that when the Premier of Ontario cut funding to build ANOTHER University in Ontario the Federal Government stepped in and provided the funding, but when the new Premier of Alberta cancels a super-lab that can benefit not only Edmonton but Northern Alberta we hear crickets from the Feds? Its too bad it was cancelled, the design is impressive and would have been a nice addition to the area..... oh well, chalk it up on the list of 'almost for Edmonton'
    Umm, isn't all about votes? Federally that is..
    Animals are my passion.

Healthcare is a provincial responsibility. Universities can have some federal funding, such as the Nanotech lab at U of A. The feds can't just step in and build a lab or a hospital.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Healthcare is a provincial responsibility. Universities can have some federal funding, such as the Nanotech lab at U of A. The feds can't just step in and build a lab or a hospital.
    there's lots of ways for the federal government to participate in or withdraw from providing federal funding for health care...

https://globalnews.ca/news/6007117/m...nRQvjrSvDp66Yc
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

But that story isn't about directly financing a lab now, is it? It's about the Feds and funding for healthcare for the military which is a federal responsibility.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789