Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162
Results 6,101 to 6,126 of 6126

Thread: Trump - misc

What's most interesting is nowhere in the news is anybody even mentioning the $400 million in Russian funds allegedly given to Hillary's campaign.

Literally, the media is completely ignoring it. They are not even trying to prove or disprove it. They just pretend it was never mentioned.

Gee, why WOULDN'T Trump trust all the people who claim that he hired Russian hookers to pee on Obama's bed?

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    That's why most people don't bother reading Twitter responses - it's just a stream of critics venting at the people they hate. Clearly you are new to this.
    Then why did you post the link in the first place. You keep placing rakes on the ground and stepping on them. Don't blame me Sideshow Bob...

Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

What's most interesting is nowhere in the news is anybody even mentioning the $400 million in Russian funds allegedly given to Hillary's campaign.

Literally, the media is completely ignoring it. They are not even trying to prove or disprove it. They just pretend it was never mentioned.
    Well it looks like Trump is ignoring it, isn't he???

He is in charge of the Justice Department and the FBI, why does he not ask for a special investigation to follow up on your allegations? He controls the WH, the Congress and the Senate, why does TRUMP DO NOTHING other than complain about Hillary?

Is he so weak? Is he a wimp? Is he scared of Hillary?
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Trump wasn't bought? Not by Americans but he seems to have a receipt from the Kremlin in his pocket.

Great joint press conference from Helsinki. I especially liked the part where Trump talked while Putin drank a glass of water.

- Mark Evanier

Putin's Poodle

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post

He is in charge of the Justice Department and the FBI, why does he not ask for a special investigation to follow up on your allegations? He controls the WH, the Congress and the Senate, why does TRUMP DO NOTHING other than complain about Hillary?

No, he is smart enough to know that he has the power to throw many of his political opponents in jail, but that the optics of that would be absolutely horrible.

Imprisoning all of your political opponents is something that Hitler or Stalin would do. That's why Trump won't go near it - he is far more ethical and reasonable than that, and he respects the democratic process and a peaceful transition of power (which is something his opponents should do).

That's a BS answer.

A legal and investigation and public hearings are perfectly OK and I would even encourage a transparent process. If it is proven that Hillary took money from foreign sources including the Russians, LOCK HER UP! My position has remained consistent on this. Anyone who took money or in kind assistance in the election should be locked up. Those who have done nothing wrong have nothing to fear.

So why is Trump so scared?

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

No, he is smart enough to know that he has the power to throw many of his political opponents in jail, but that the optics of that would be absolutely horrible.

Imprisoning all of your political opponents is something that Hitler or Stalin would do. That's why Trump won't go near it - he is far more ethical and reasonable than that, and he respects the democratic process and a peaceful transition of power (which is something his opponents should do).
    you mean like he respects a contract and wouldn't stiff someone he owes money to? like he respects the courts (outside of using them to declare bankruptcy so as not to pay his debts)? like he respects women? like he respects "fine people" on both sides? like he respects immigrants and their families? like he respects his allies? trump won't go near it because he knows he wouldn't get away with it, not because of ethics and reason.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

C2E Continued Contributor

I responded to this the last time you pointed this out but you ignored it. That accusation happens to be very convenient for both Trump and Putin, and there is zero proof it happened. The accused is also a british citizen, so it's pretty much impossible for him to donate to an American Political campaign.

You just keep parroting your God King, everyone who criticizes him has to be wrong, and the ones worship him are clearly in the know.

Do you even understand why no one trusts Putin? His word is essentially meaningless

Like his hero, he prefers to accept everything that Putin says and ignore reality.

Putin's Pants-on-Fire claim about $400 million donation to Clinton from Bill Browder partners

Russian President Vladimir Putin offered a novel idea to advance the Russia investigation during a joint news conference with President Donald Trump in Helsinki.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team could come to his country, Putin said, if Russian investigators were allowed to go the United States to dig into alleged tax evasion by American-born financier Bill Browder and his associates.

"Business associates of Mr. Browder have earned over 1.5 billion dollars in Russia," Putin said through a translator. "They never paid any taxes."

Putin continued.

"They sent a huge amount of money, over 400 million, as a contribution to the campaign of Hillary Clinton," he said. "Well, that’s their personal case. It might have been legal, the contribution itself, but the way the money was earned was illegal."

Did Browder's associates send $400 million to Hillary Clinton's campaign?

No. We found $17,700 donated to Clinton and another $297,000 to the Democratic National Committee.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...lion-donation/

It's all because of me! Me, I tell you! ME! Even before I was "elected" I got NATO to increase spending! That's how awesome I am! Why don't you ever report on that? Sad!

Trump lashes out at media coverage of his Putin meeting

“While I had a great meeting with NATO, raising vast amounts of money, I had an even better meeting with Vladimir Putin of Russia. Sadly, it is not being reported that way - the Fake News is going Crazy,” the president tweeted.

---

"“I had a great meeting with NATO. They have paid $33 Billion more and will pay hundreds of Billions of Dollars more in the future, only because of me,” the president tweeted earlier on Tuesday. “NATO was weak, but now it is strong again (bad for Russia). The media only says I was rude to leaders, never mentions the money!“

NATO spending, however, has been going up since 2014, prior to Trump‘s first meeting with NATO in 2017. It is unclear where Trump got the $33 billion figure"

http://Trump lashes out at media cov... Putin meeting

Trump reads prepared statements today that contradict what he clearly stated yesterday in Helsinki as a clear attempt to control the damage he did to his presidency..

He then undermines his own contradictions.

Trump flips – then flips again – a day after downplaying Russian interference
    President says he supports US intelligence consensus on 2016 election – but then says ‘it could be other people also’
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...it-republicans
    Donald Trump sought to reverse course on Tuesday, after top Republicans scrambled to distance themselves from his behavior in his meeting with Vladimir Putin in Helsinki.

Even then, Trump could not resist muddying the waters further. Speaking to reporters in the Roosevelt Room of the White House, the president stated that he accepted the assessment of US intelligence agencies that Russia interfered in the 2016 US election – and then, moments later, cast doubt on who was responsible.

“Let me be totally clear in saying that … I accept our intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election took place,” Trump said, reading from a prepared script. He then added: “It could be other people also. There’s a lot of people out there.”

On Monday, Trump met Putin with only interpreters in attendance for two hours then held a press briefing in which he sided with the Kremlin and against US intelligence services.

Back on US soil, Trump claimed the fury that greeted his display was the result of a misspoken word. Citing the transcript of his remarks, Trump said his assertion that he did not see “any reason why it would be Russia” behind election inference should have been: “I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia.”

“So you can put that in,” he said.

Trump said much more in Helsinki. Standing beside Putin, he said: “I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.” He also repeated conspiracist-tinged complaints about a Democratic National Committee server and the FBI.

On Tuesday, Trump had made handwritten notes to his script. According to a copy shared by a CNN reporter, these included a misspelling: “There was no colusion”.

Trump also said his decision to meet Putin as the result of “the firm conviction that diplomacy and engagement is better than hostility and conflict”.

Before Trump spoke, Republicans struggled to defend him on Capitol Hill. House speaker Paul Ryan told reporters: “They did interfere in our elections. It’s really clear. They should be no doubt about that. Russia is trying to undermine democracy itself.

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post

I responded to this the last time you pointed this out but you ignored it. That accusation happens to be very convenient for both Trump and Putin, and there is zero proof it happened. The accused is also a british citizen, so it's pretty much impossible for him to donate to an American Political campaign.
    Can you back that up?

The media is ignoring it.

Probably because it won't get as many clicks and views as they get whenever they go into hysterics and act like Trump is an evil villain.

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post

you mean like he respects a contract and wouldn't stiff someone he owes money to? like he respects the courts (outside of using them to declare bankruptcy so as not to pay his debts)? like he respects women? like he respects "fine people" on both sides? like he respects immigrants and their families? like he respects his allies? trump won't go near it because he knows he wouldn't get away with it, not because of ethics and reason.
    Wow. You watch too much of that scripted, op-ed "news".

Turn off the TV, look at things objectively and think for yourself for once instead of repeating their anti-Trump marching orders.
    Last edited by MrOilers; Yesterday at 08:18 PM.

The media is doing to Trump after meeting Putin, EXACTLY what they did to Reagan after he met Gorbachev in 1986:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...summit-118796/

Liberal journalists always over-react, which is why I ignore them. Trump publicly pointing out their dramatic nonsense (instead of simply reporting facts) is one of the most refreshing things i have seen in politics in my life

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Wow. You watch too much of that scripted, op-ed "news".

Turn off the TV, look at things objectively and think for yourself for once instead of repeating their anti-Trump marching orders.
    interesting that you would choose to express an opinion on my television viewing habits - of which you know nothing - instead of any of the “like he”s i listed irrespective of source. perhaps that’s because each of them is well documented as being accurate and true? slinging arrows at the messenger doesn’t invalidate or repudiate the message.

interesting that you would choose to express an opinion on my television viewing habits
    It's only because you keep repeating what they are saying and are pretending to be outraged at whatever they are telling you to be.

Why is Rand Paul, of all people, Trump’s biggest defender on Russia?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...der-on-russia/

Duplicate
    Last edited by KC; Today at 12:14 AM.

Aren’t they just waiting for the audit to be completed.

The Clinton Foundation’s ties to a Russian uranium deal doesn’t come close to Russian intervention in the election. | The New Republic
    Excerpt:

“ “Rather than hyperventilate over Facebook ads and Twitter trolls” is what we call a tell. Anyone who addresses this controversy has to deal with the fact that Russian intervention in the 2016 election is more important than the Obama administration deciding it wanted to reset relations with Russia. The latter may have been a flawed decision, but it was ultimately diplomatic; the former, on the other hand, is foreign intervention in American elections. Meanwhile, the president of the United States has consistently dismissed the investigation into that intervention and denied that any intervention existed, all while praising Russia’s strongman leader.

There are a couple other problems with the conservative outrage over this deal. One, Moscow wanted Donald Trump to win the election, not Hillary Clinton. Two, Trump is now president, not Clinton.”

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/1453...ntion-election

Standing beside Trump, Putin makes a clear reference to the subject of the 2016 Trump Tower meeting

Excerpt:

“Standing next to Trump on Monday, Putin isolated this same issue for specific mention as an example of his country having been treated unfairly. It’s unclear how direct Putin’s hand might have been in the Trump Tower meeting in June 2016, if at all. But on Monday, he made clear how important the issue was to him and to his country, in very pointed terms.

Or, perhaps, he deliberately made reference to the most obvious example of the Trump campaign’s willingness to work with Russia, even while joining in Trump’s public denials that Russia and the Trump campaign had worked together.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tower-meeting/

Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal - The New York Times
    April 23, 2015

Excerpt:

“As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...m-company.html
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 11:12 PM.

C2E Continued Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post

Can you back that up?

The media is ignoring it.

Probably because it won't get as many clicks and views as they get whenever they go into hysterics and act like Trump is an evil villain.
    Back what up? That he's a British citizen? That they have something to gain? That he couldn't actually donate? It's all in the article I posted that you chose not to read, as well as plenty of others from a wide range of sources if you actually chose to look.

Don't put your unwillingness to challenge your worldview on me.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

interesting that you would choose to express an opinion on my television viewing habits
    It's only because you keep repeating what they are saying and are pretending to be outraged at whatever they are telling you to be.
    there you go selectively quoting and truncating with no indication of it in your reply. why don’t you answer the real question from that part of my post you deleted? do you need me to repeat it or do you think you can find it?

Much like Kim did, the Russians play to his ego and he's like putty in Putin's hands.

A Russian newspaper editor explains how Putin made Trump his puppet

"Sean Illing - Has Putin made a puppet of Trump?

Mikhail Fishman - Of course. This is certainly what the Kremlin believes, and they’re acting accordingly. They're quite obviously playing Trump. They consider him a stupid, unstrategic politician. Putin is confident that he can manipulate Trump to his advantage, and he should be.

Sean Illing - In other words, Trump’s a useful ***** to them?

Mikhail Fishman - Exactly. The Kremlin is limited in their knowledge about what's going on in Washington, but they see the chaos and the confusion in Trump's administration. They see the clumsiness, the inexperience. Naturally, they're working to exploit that."

https://www.vox.com/conversations/20...illary-clinton

Benedict Donald for Treason

Trump, Making America the Laughing-stock of the World

They threw him a parade in Germany!

Trump parade float Dusseldorf Germany Feb. 2018

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162