Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
Results 1,801 to 1,886 of 1886

Thread: Trump - misc

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    A racist is a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another, where race means a group of people sharing the same culture, history, language, etc.; an ethnic group.
    So you think there is a "Muslim race" that exists, which a requirement to show your face, targets? That Quebecors are being "racist" against Cat Stevens?

Yeah, it's pretty racist to think that only dark-skinned people can be Muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    It's not at all racist to disagree with what a person CHOOSES.
    Go on? What is a person choosing?

Actually, it's unconstitutional to discriminate based upon someone's beliefs or thoughts, you intolerant nitwit.

2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:
    (a) freedom of conscience and religion;
    (b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;
    (c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and
    (d) freedom of association.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sectio...s_and_Freedoms
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

People tend not to choose their religion or their cultural background or country of origin. They inherit them just as they inherit other beliefs passed on to them by their ancestors (as you mentioned). Moreover, with religion and other things, various rules such as those with marriage, sometimes force the adoption of the most aggressive or domineering belief. The subsequent children unquestioningly then inherit the parents beliefs and then defend those beliefs having never been given any opportunity to choose anything.

Then there’s the strange desire to defend one’s “blood-lines”, ancestral peoples and mother countries despite the fact that one’s ancestors emigrated from those countries.
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 10:14 AM.

Actually, it's unconstitutional to discriminate based upon someone's beliefs or thoughts

You are discriminating against me.

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    A racist is a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another, where race means a group of people sharing the same culture, history, language, etc.; an ethnic group.
    So you think there is a "Muslim race" that exists, which a requirement to show your face, targets? That Quebecors are being "racist" against Cat Stevens?
    Do you really believe Muslims don't share history, culture or language despite being of comprised of a number of different ethnic groups worldwide?

(I cannot believe that you're arguing against the literal dictionary definition of racism to justify your reprehensible intolerance. How backwards, broke-brained & deplorable must you truly be.)
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

I'd rather C2E than work!

I think face coverings should be expanded to include all ugly women.....please

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    People tend not to choose their religion. They inherit them just as they inherit other beliefs passed on to them by their ancestors (as you mentioned). Moreover, with religion and other things, various rules such as those with marriage, sometimes force the adoption of the most aggressive or domineering belief.
    Religion and race are different things (probably why the term "Islamaphobia" was invented). There is no Islamic / Muslim race, outside the racist imagination of Noodle, PRT and Medwards who clearly think only certain races are allowed to be Muslim (Cat Stevens is not a true Muslim) as demonstrated by their incoherent accusations.
    Last edited by moahunter; Yesterday at 10:15 AM.

Actually, it's unconstitutional to discriminate based upon someone's beliefs or thoughts

Calling a spade a spade isn't discriminating. I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to ride the bus because you truly believe some crazy, racist, intolerant, illiberal, regressive, oppressive beliefs. That's entirely your right to hold those beliefs & be treated equitably under the law, but you believe some people should be able to be turned away because of their beliefs, which is intolerant & unconstitutional.

You wouldn't say that to me if I told you I was Muslim.

Religion and race are different things (probably why the term "Islamaphobia" was invented). There is no Islamic / Muslim race, outside the racist imagination of Noodle, PRT and Medwards who clearly think only certain races are allowed to be Muslim (Cat Stevens is not a true Muslim) as demonstrated by their incoherent accusations.

Hmm. Who should we listen to about what is & isn't racism?

The choices are:

1. The dictionary
    2. The rantings of an intolerant racist attempting to justify/downplay his racism

I'm gonna have to go with option 1 here.

No I don’t think debating an issue or idea or religion of belief is discrimination. Attacking the other party via labelling people with derogatory terms though, as in the use of the “N” word to describe some people is sometimes a form of hate speech and so might be considered racist. Making gross irrational or extreme generalizations about ‘innocent bystanders’ having some characteristic belief or background in common with some other person of persons is stereotyping and potentially racist in nature.
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 10:22 AM.

Per Noodle, if you are white, east Asian, or black, you are not allowed to be, for all Muslims are supposedly of the same race - either that, or Noodle is claiming you can choose your race just by choosing your religion. I am atheist race. What is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    and how about ugly men? I'm sure we can find a face covering for you!

Hmm. Who should we listen to about what is & isn't racism?

The choices are:

1. The dictionary
    2. The rantings of an intolerant racist attempting to justify/downplay his racism

I'm gonna have to go with option 1 here.
    I believe the UN has a definition too.

Per Noodle, if you are white, east Asian, or black, you are not allowed to be, for all Muslims are supposedly of the same race - either that, or Noodle is claiming you can choose your race just by choosing your religion. I am atheist race. What is yours?
    I said race is multifaceted & not limited to just your genetic makeup & where your ancestors came from. Keep on showing your 3rd rate, 4th grade reading comprehension & 5th class debate skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    and how about ugly men? I'm sure we can find a face covering for you!
    Everyone over 30.

And it doesn't include religion. I am not atheist race, anymore than you are protestant race, anymore than Cat Stevens is Muslim race.

I said race is multifaceted & not limited to just your genetic makeup & where your ancestors came from. Keep on showing your 3rd rate, 4th grade reading comprehension & 5th class debate skills.
    Are Canadians a race? Are protestants a race? Are catholics a race? Are First Nations a race? Are Metis a race? Are communists a race?
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 10:29 AM.

Racial discrimination as defined in international law is "any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life."
    http://www.unesco.org/new/en/social-...iscrimination/

Racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another, which often results in discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity. Today, the use of the term "racism" does not easily fall under a single definition.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...Discrimination

Are Canadians a race? Are protestants a race? Are catholics a race? Are First Nations a race?
    Am I in a inter-racial marriage because:

(a) I am atheist and my wife is catholic, or
    (b) My wife is east Asian and I am Caucasian?

Noodle thinks its (a). To criticize the practices of the catholic religion, is a racist act.

(CNN)George W. Bush doesn't talk much about politics in public. Which makes the speech he gave Thursday in New York City -- a point-by-point rejection of Trumpism -- all the more important and noteworthy.

The 43rd president of the United States -- and the last Republican to hold the office before Donald Trump -- didn't mention the 45th president by name in his speech at the George W. Bush Institute. But Trump -- and his views -- were ever-present in the former President's address.
    Bush condemned "nationalism distorted into nativism."

He derided "discourse degraded by casual cruelty."
    He acknowledged that "our politics seems more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and outright fabrication."
    And, most importantly, Bush said that "bigotry seems emboldened."
    Bush's speech calling out the uglier parts of Trumpism comes just days after John McCain -- Bush's main opponent in the 2000 GOP presidential primaries -- delivered a similar rebuke, describing the dangers posed by the rise of "half-baked, spurious nationalism." (McCain tweeted Thursday afternoon in praise of Bush's speech; "Important speech by my friend, President George W. Bush today, reminding us of the values that have made America a beacon of hope for all.")
    The two speeches, taken together, amount to a verbal lapel-shaking by Bush and McCain of the Republican Party they have led over the past two decades. "Wake up!" Bush and McCain are saying to their party. "What Trump represents is neither Republican nor conservative. It is Trump. Which is fine for Trump but far less fine for the medium-to-long-term health of the Grand Old Party."
    There will be some who question Bush's motives. (Trump, via Twitter, may be one of them.) After all, Trump savaged "low-energy" Jeb Bush during the 2016 campaign. And the Bush family is literally one of the cornerstones of the Republican political establishment. Of course they don't like that someone like Trump is overthrowing them -- and their failed policies and political tactics!
    But it's important to remember that the presidency is viewed by those who have held the office as a sort of sacred trust. Yes, George W. Bush saw the world differently than Barack Obama did -- and each man pursued divergent policies in office. What they shared, however, was a fundamental desire to remind Americans of our common humanity, to look to the future as a more optimistic, more tolerant and, yes, better place. They believed in the idea that America was forever moving toward a more perfect union and that their job was to help steer the country in that direction as quickly and safely as possible.
    That belief, which can be traced in a relatively solid line from the first president to the 43rd, was broken with Trump's victory. Trump painted a picture of a grim and failing country, one in which the only true path forward was to start focusing more on ourselves and a whole lot less on the rest of the world.
    "America First." "Make America Great Again." These were (and are) slogans built on the idea that the movement of the last several decades has not been a relentless march toward a better place but rather a step -- or a series of steps -- in the wrong direction.
    Trump's policy priorities -- a travel ban, building a wall along the southern border, repeal and replacement of Obamacare, pulling out of the Paris climate accords -- all function as a different notes in that same chord. The American Dream is almost dead. Only Trump can revive it -- with a singular focus on looking out for number one again.
    It's easy to paint Trumpism as solely a rejection of Obama's presidency. But to do so would be to ignore the degree to which Trump has sought to undo Bush's focus on on free trade agreements as a way to guard against global protectionism, his belief in the need for comprehensive immigration reform as consistent with the founding ideals of the country and his unwillingness to paint Islam with the broad brush of terrorism.
    Bush's speech Thursday was a re-assertion of those views and, as such, a rejection of Trumpism.
    "We become the heirs of Martin Luther King Jr. by recognizing one another not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character," Bush said toward the end of his speech. "This means people of every race, ethnicity and religion can be fully and equally American. It means that bigotry or white supremacy in any form is blasphemy against the American creed. It means the very identity of our nation depends on the passing of civic ideals to the next generation."
    Those are powerful words. The question is whether Trump -- or the Republican Party he is remaking in his image -- are listening.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/19/politi...try/index.html

^^^According to that definition, allowing muslim women to cover their faces in public interactions while requiring all others to show their faces is sexual/religious discrimination, but not racist.
    There can only be one.

Racism, discrimination, both very similiar.

And it doesn't include religion. I am not atheist race, anymore than you are protestant race, anymore than Cat Stevens is Muslim race.
    Religion is a fundamental freedom, which links directly into the blurb I posted here, racist.

Article 2.

Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.
    http://www.un.org/en/universal-decla...-human-rights/

Per Noodle, PRT and Medwards, Trudeau and me are racists because we have criticized the Catholic church's view and the Muslim worlds view, that abortion is wrong.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/19/politi...ent/index.html

Washington (CNN)Former President George W. Bush condemned bigotry and white supremacy Thursday while endorsing policies that run counter to those supported by President Donald Trump.

"Our identity as a nation, unlike other nations, is not determined by geography or ethnicity, by soil or blood. ... This means that people from every race, religion, ethnicity can be full and equally American," he said during remarks at the George W. Bush Institute in New York City. "It means that bigotry and white supremacy, in any form, is blasphemy against the American creed."
    He added that "bigotry seems emboldened," though he didn't explain why.

"We've seen our discourse degraded by casual cruelty," Bush said, adding, "Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions, forgetting the image of God we should see in each other."
    Bush didn't mention Trump during his remarks but did criticize the "governing class." In his recommendations to strengthen American democracy, he said US institutions must "step up" and "we need to recall and recover our own identity."
    The speech marks a rare political appearance for Bush since leaving office. The former president has remained mostly out of the spotlight since he left the White House, reserving his political capital for his charitable works and a handful of his brother Jeb Bush's 2016 presidential campaign stops.
    He brought up growing concerns over misinformation, saying politics seems "more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and outright fabrication."
    The 43rd president, who left the presidential section of his ballot blank instead of voting for Trump, also addressed Russian influence on the United States.
    "The Russian government has made a project of turning Americans against each other," he said, adding that while Russian interference will not be successful, "foreign aggressions, including cyberattacks, disinformation and financial influence, should never be downplayed or tolerated."
    Bush, who entered into several free trade agreements during his tenure in the White House, referred to a trend towards protectionism, an apparent allusion to some of Trump's trade actions, which have included his decision to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership early this yearand his warning that he's considering "stopping all trade with any country doing business with North Korea."
    Bush also praised the positive contributions of immigrants -- a statement seemingly aimed at the Trump administration's hardline stances on immigration and border security.
    "We've seen nationalism distorted into nativism -- forgotten the dynamism that immigration has always brought to America," Bush said. "We see a fading confidence in the value of free markets and international trade -- forgetting that conflict, instability, and poverty follow in the wake of protectionism."
    The former president also addressed concerns over bullying among American leaders.
    "Bullying and prejudice in our public life sets a national tone, provides permission for cruelty and bigotry, and compromises the moral education of children, the only way to pass along civic values is to first live up to them," he said.

CNN's Elizabeth Joseph contributed to this report.

Are Canadians a race? Are protestants a race? Are catholics a race? Are First Nations a race?
    Am I in a inter-racial marriage because:

(a) I am atheist and my wife is catholic, or
    (b) My wife is east Asian and I am Caucasian?

Noodle thinks its (a). To criticize the catholic religion, is a racist act.

As someone with right-wing beliefs (whatever those interchangeable left right leanings may be on any particular day) are you a member of the right wing race?

^^^^ So if covering your face is a right, then it must apply to all people. The same, I assume, would apply to other headwear.

Per the UN the FSM Colander guy is absolutely right.
    Last edited by Highlander II; Yesterday at 10:35 AM.
    There can only be one.

Per Noodle, PRT and Medwards, Trudeau is a racist because he has criticized the Catholic church's view and the Muslim worlds view, that abortion is wrong.
    Did he say Abortion is wrong, or did he say the people should have the freedom to choose what option they want?

citation please.

^he didn't say abortion is wrong, he criticized the church's view that it is wrong / not allowed. I feel the same way, that it should be allowed, it makes me and Trudeau racist buddies, as we both criticize a viewpoint based on religious teachings that contravene and restrict women's rights.
    Last edited by moahunter; Yesterday at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander II View Post
    ^^^^ So if covering your face is a right, then it must apply to all people. The same, I assume, would apply to other headwear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reason...odation#Canada

^he didn't say abortion is wrong, he criticized the church's view that it is wrong / not allowed. I feel the same way, that it should be allowed, it makes me and Trudeau racist buddies, as we both criticize a viewpoint based on religious teachings that contravene women's rights.
    Citation please.

Not really.

I totally discriminate (I believe everyone does). I think Trump supporters are morons (that's discrimination and I'm guilty of it). Auto insurance companies believe that ALL new drivers are more dangerous and their premiums are higher than people in their 30s (unless they had accidents).

I don't think all caucasians are morons. And insurance companies don't go increasing premiums base on your race/nationality, etc.

^he didn't say abortion is wrong, he criticized the church's view that it is wrong / not allowed. I feel the same way, that it should be allowed, it makes me and Trudeau racist buddies, as we both criticize a viewpoint based on religious teachings that contravene women's rights.
    Citation please.
    What a racist, standing up against the teachings of his race (per your definition), Catholics... who don't allow abortion, that would almost be as racist as standing up against beliefs that women's face's should always be hidden from view
    "I have a lot of respect for his eminence and for any leaders within the church, but I do want to highlight that he has a very different role than I do," said Trudeau, who was raised Roman Catholic.

"My role is to stand up and defend all Canadians and my role in terms of that is separate from any personal religious views."
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trud...cism-1.2649810

We discriminate based on age, on citizenship, heritage, bloodlines, etc. and many are quite supportive of that while professing hatred of other forms of discrimination. Like religious or other followers, we all pick and choose the degree to which we support any belief. Literal fundamentalists will even disagree with other literal fundamentalists.

Quebec will apparently include banning sunglasses. So I presume beards and moustaches and maybe all glasses will have to be included too.

So Trudeau understands that he can't kowtow to Catholics without discriminating against other religions when it's his responsibility to treat all Canadians equally & this is somehow evidence of his bias & intolerance?

You truly are one messed up little bigot, flailing & grasping at anything to avoid acknowledging your own terrible biases.

Citation please.
    What a racist, standing up against the teachings of his race (per your definition), Catholics... who don't allow abortion, that would almost be as racist as standing up against beliefs that women's face's should always be hidden from view
    "I have a lot of respect for his eminence and for any leaders within the church, but I do want to highlight that he has a very different role than I do," said Trudeau, who was raised Roman Catholic.

"My role is to stand up and defend all Canadians and my role in terms of that is separate from any personal religious views."
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trud...cism-1.2649810
    If Catholics are against abortion, that's quite fine for them. However, they should not impose their beliefs on to others. Others should be free to choose whether they want to abort or not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reason...odation#Canada

Obviously there's some room for disagreement in what is or isn't reasonable. The way Hijabs have been accommodated, requiring special safety features when used playing sport, for example, is reasonable. Kirpans must be fixed in the sheath or otherwise entirely unusable to be taken into places where knives aren't allowed. Turbans have to be a specific colour to be worn with the RCMP uniform.

There's not really any room for compromise with a Niqab, though.
    Last edited by Highlander II; Yesterday at 10:49 AM. Reason: To include quoted post. This thread's moving too fast not to.
    There can only be one.

Quebec will apparently include banning sunglasses. So I presume beards and moustaches and maybe all glasses will have to be included too.
    That's very racist against the Blues Brothers.

So Trudeau understands that he can't kowtow to Catholics without discriminating against other religions when it's his responsibility to treat all Canadians equally & this is somehow evidence of his bias & intolerance?

You truly are one messed up little bigot, flailing & grasping at anything to avoid acknowledging your own terrible biases.
    Bingo!

Banning beards/moustaches would be sexist and that's a no.

Yeah very awkward attempt. However, Trudeau recently discriminated against single male refugees. So, should he now wear the label?

Yeah very awkward attempt. However, Trudeau recently discriminated against single male refugees. So, should he now wear the label?
    Citation please?

If Catholics are against abortion, that's quite fine for them. However, they should not impose their beliefs on to others. Others should be free to choose whether they want to abort or not.
    Trudeau was racist against the catholic priesthood race when he criticized the catholic church for covering up the abuses they inflicted because that's imposing societies beliefs as to what is morally right or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Meo View Post

They are face coverings. Just as someone with long hair obscuring a view of their facial features would essentially be using a face covering (think Trump’s fair on a windy day).

Trudeau was racist against the catholic priesthood race when he criticized the catholic church for covering up the abuses they inflicted because that's imposing societies beliefs as to what is morally right or wrong.
    Cool spin.

Loyalty to the tribe or head dude (star performer, pope, producer, politician, whatever) has always been justified as the right thing to do. Hence the lack of decent whistleblower protections.

Exhibit C:

You can see, as evidenced here, when the "progressive" is confronted with a counterpoint, the lefty counteracts that point, but cannot help from claiming intellectual superiority and doubling-down insults in an effort to publicly shame and discourage further debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Meo View Post

They are face coverings. Just as someone with long hair obscuring a view of their facial features would essentially be using a face covering (think Trump’s fair on a windy day).
    The question is ability to identify a person. You can't tell me how to cut my hair, I can't tell you how to take care of your facial hair.

Most woman don't have beards (unless you have a rare condition), so telling only one gender what they can and can't do is sexist. Not like if you told people your fingernails can't be longer than 5cm (something both genders have).

Citation please?
    I see that there are other headlines debating the poInto below:

Canada To Exclude Single Men From Syrian Refugee Plan | HuffPost

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0d4093a58803c

Liberals’ Syrian refugee plan to exclude single men met with mixed reaction - Toronto | Globalnews.ca
    Excerpt:
    “TORONTO — Global News has confirmed the federal government plans to welcome women, children and families, but not single man, as they seek to bring 25,000 Syrian refugees to Canada.“

https://globalnews.ca/news/2356985/l...ixed-reaction/
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 11:01 AM.

Beards are literally part of you. They're changeable, for sure, but not quite the same as a garment. Chest hair doesn't count as a shirt either.

That said, I have only once seen a muslim woman with a partial veil that covered roughly the same part of her face as a beard, or like a surgical mask. Far more often I've seen the ones with only an eye slit or a "grille" that makes it essentially impossible to see even her eyes. I've never seen a beard like that.

Cousin Itt, Maybe.
    There can only be one.

Citation please?
    I see that there are other headlines debating the poInto below:

Canada To Exclude Single Men From Syrian Refugee Plan | HuffPost

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0d4093a58803c

Liberals’ Syrian refugee plan to exclude single men met with mixed reaction - Toronto | Globalnews.ca
    Excerpt:
    “TORONTO — Global News has confirmed the federal government plans to welcome women, children and families, but not single man, as they seek to bring 25,000 Syrian refugees to Canada.“

https://globalnews.ca/news/2356985/l...ixed-reaction/
    That was very racist against the Syrian Single Man race.

this

Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

John Kelly is getting the same disease that afflicts Donald Trump.

John Kelly said he is sad "Women Are No Longer 'Sacred.'" yet calls Congresswoman an empty barrel and then lies about her on an event that happened before she was elected. john Kelly is disrespectful of women just like his boss.

His lie is underlined below. He also was a hypocrite stating that the Congresswoman was secretly listening in when she was not. She was there with the family that she has known for decades. John Kelly was also listening in but calls the kettle black.

John Kelly 'invents lies to attack and insult women'

Kelly also slammed Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.) for listening to the call Trump made to the widow of Army Sgt. La David Johnson, who was killed during an ambush in Niger along with three other U.S. soldiers. Wilson has known Johnson's family for decades.

“It stuns me that a member of Congress would’ve listened in on that conversation,” Kelly said of Wilson during a surprise appearance in the White House briefing room on Thursday. “I thought at least that was sacred."

“In the long tradition of empty barrels making the most noise, she stood up there in all of that and talked about how she was instrumental in getting the funding for that building,” he continued. “We were stunned. Stunned that she had done it. Even for someone who was that empty of a barrel, we were stunned. But we didn’t go to the press."

Kelly was referring to an FBI field office in Wilson's district in Florida that was dedicated to two agents in 2015 killed by drug traffickers in 1986.

"I was not even in Congress in 2009 when the money for the building was secured," Wilson said Friday on CNN's "New Day." "So that's a lie. How dare he? However, I named the building at the behest of [then-FBI Director James Comey] with the help of [then-House Speaker John Boehner], working across party lines. So he didn't tell the truth."
    http://thehill.com/homenews/media/35...d-insult-women
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

General Kelly has fallen victim to (or volunteered for) Trump's credibility parasitism. It won't be rewarded.
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    john Kelly is disrespectful of women just like his boss

No, he is treating her exactly the same way he treats male politicians.

No sexism there.

Which other politicians has he falsely accused of lying?
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

Yeah, since the politician spreading rumors to get more Twitter points happens to be a woman, it must be sexism.

Oh no - I must be sexist for thinking that!

Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.) seems a piece of work. Maybe she could not of helped over hearing the conversation the widow had with Trump but she had no right to broadcast any of it. Then when she did she did not elaborate on the what/how/when or in the context it was supposed to be said. Apparently her record on voting for military personal shows she is no friend of military personal. The more she spouts off the bigger fool she is looking. Democratic windbag.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." ľMark Twain

how is that racist?

how is that racist?
    Noodle has explained that religious groups are actually races, so the priesthood is a race, and restricting what they are allowed to do is racisim. Its equally racist to criticize the religious freedom of female mutilation (because that is cultural accepted in that "religious race"), to criticize male circumcision (which is also IMO mutilation of small children), to criticize honor killings (which are perfectly acceptable in some religious groups), just as it is racist to make it a requirement to show your face when receiving government services.
    Last edited by moahunter; Yesterday at 12:49 PM.

uhhh I think you are confused, or stupid. (probably both)

Noodle has explained that religious groups are actually races
    I said no such thing, you disingenuous borderline-illiterate.

Keep arguing against the literal dictionary definition of "race" all so you can be called a regular ol' bigot instead of a racist. Sure seems like a good use of what little brainpower & what passes for "logic" your feeble mind can rustle up on a Friday afternoon....

So explain then how you get the point that a law requiring people to show their face is racism? Even if its targeted at Muslims, how is it racism, unless you are claiming that Muslims are a race? You can't explain it, anymore than a law targeting Catholics and preventing them from wearing a cross would be racism. You drew out the "you are a racist" claim against me and others, but you don't have the comprehension of English (or any other language) to be able to back it up.
    Last edited by moahunter; Yesterday at 01:00 PM.

So explain then how you get the point that a law requiring people to show their face is racism?
    Go back & reread the thread. Explaining it once was enough & all of the non-racist, non-bigoted people in the thread all seem to get it.

I've no desire to try and break down a complicated, nuanced issue into small monosyllabic terms & simple sentence structure just to prevent you from trying to twist everything with your patented brand of idiotic pseudo-debate.

^You haven't been able to demonstrate that anything myself or Mr Oilers have said, is racist. You might consider it anti-Islam or whatever, that's your prerogative, we don't all like you, rate religious freedom higher than women's rights. But to throw out terms to try and demonize someone who doesn't support your views, without understand what the term means, just shows how weak your views are. Its symptomatic of the entire anti-Trump hysteria from the left wing media.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.) seems a piece of work. Maybe she could not of helped over hearing the conversation the widow had with Trump but she had no right to broadcast any of it. Then when she did she did not elaborate on the what/how/when or in the context it was supposed to be said. Apparently her record on voting for military personal shows she is no friend of military personal. The more she spouts off the bigger fool she is looking. Democratic windbag.
    Excuse me???

Did not Trump himself start this whole thing by throwing both Obama under the bus, claiming he did not contact Gold Star families (Trump lied) and then throwing Gen. Kelly under the bus by using him as fodder to support his false claim?

BTW, the soldier she is referring to was part of her mentoring program and she knew him personally.

Trump never mentored a young black youth that eventually served his country.
    I respect the work of Rep. Frederica Wilson far more that a spoiled man baby who takes advantage of people and bullies them with his lies.

(Added)

Trump was grandstanding on this from the start even though he did nothing for 12 days but golfed 5 times and let the whole issue fester.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; Yesterday at 01:34 PM.

wouldn't being anti-islam at least be some shades of discrimination, if not borderline racist? And what does women's rights have to do with this? Most women choose to wear the clothing this is deemed appropriate by the religion they are faithful to.

^You haven't been able to demonstrate that anything myself or Mr Oilers have said, is racist.
    I'm not here to convince you you're a racist. I'm just here to remind everyone that you're a bigot at best & a racist, misogynistic, regressive, illiberal, authoritarian muppet of a human being at worst.

You might consider it anti-Islam or whatever, that's your prerogative, we don't all like you, rate religious freedom higher than women's rights. But to throw out terms to try and demonize someone who doesn't support your views, without understand what the term means, just shows how weak your views are. Its symptomatic of the entire anti-Trump hysteria from the left wing media.
    I know you've got a view on human rights that's ignorant, incomplete or otherwise incompatible with Canadian values & the Charter of Rights & Freedoms, as the Khadr threads showed repeatedly, so there's zero point in arguing with someone who refuses to acknowledge or understand the fundamentals of what it means to be a person in Canada.

You & MrOilers can give each other a handy under the table all you want, it doesn't change that you're both reprehensible people with outmoded, archaic & otherwise ignorant views incompatible with modern, tolerant society. And I have zero tolerance for the intolerant.

Can we all use this, in response to each other?

Only when someone misinterprets something literally cut & pasted out of a reference text as saying something completely different than what it did.

wouldn't being anti-islam at least be some shades of discrimination, if not borderline racist? And what does women's rights have to do with this? Most women choose to wear the clothing this is deemed appropriate by the religion they are faithful to.
    Because as a society we shouldn't encourage the oppression of women, we are better than that.

Shouldn’t we stand with disempowered women in Islamic countries across the world instead of celebrating an instrument that is used in their suppression?

For many the hijab, along with the dehumanising niqab and burqa, are symbols of oppression not some national costume to be worn for kicks and giggles.

Somalian born author and activist, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, describes Muslim headscarves as a means in which a deeply patriarchal culture oppresses women.

“The veil deliberately marks women as private and restricted property, non-persons,” she said.

“The veil sets women apart from men and apart from the world; it restrains them, confines them, grooms them for docility.

“It is the mark of a kind of apartheid, not the domination of a race but of a sex.”
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ren...2218d63f419fd8

So women in Canada or USA under Trump ?? Shouldn't wear the clothing/wear that is part of their faith because of something in another country completely unrelated to Canada or the USA? Am I paraphrasing you correctly??

I think women, and men, should be allowed to wear what they want in this country. If they choose to follow their faith and wear niqab and burqa or some sort of headscarf, that's their own right to do so. That's freedom.

If I want to wear shorts and t-shirt i'm going to. If I want to wear a headscarf, I'm going to.
    Last edited by Medwards; Yesterday at 01:49 PM.

Only when someone misinterprets something literally cut & pasted out of a reference text as saying something completely different than what it did.
    An hour doesn’t go by on c2e where a comment by someone isn’t simply quoted and questioned, but instead restated in some derogatory debasing anti-poster spin suiting the respondent’s agenda. Token ignorant labels often attached.

So women in Canada or USA under Trump ?? Shouldn't wear the clothing/wear that is part of their faith because of something in another country completely unrelated to Canada or the USA? Am I paraphrasing you correctly??

I think women, and men, should be allowed to wear what they want in this country. If they choose to follow their faith and wear niqab and burqa or some sort of headscarf, that's their own right to do so. That's freedom.

If I want to wear shorts and t-shirt i'm going to. If I want to wear a headscarf, I'm going to.
    Sensible comment. Community standards, religious standards, workplace standards etc. however often put pressure on, or indoctrinate people into wearing or not wearing what they would wear out of free will.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/1...erviews-243962

President Donald Trump has personally interviewed at least two potential candidates for U.S. attorney positions in New York, according to two sources familiar with the matter — a move that critics say raises questions about whether they can be sufficiently independent from the president.
    Shameless.

If safety or security are a concern, then there is reason for a ban of these garments.

I know I've been on jobsites before where you can't have a beard. You can't wear loose garments.

I know if I'm getting my passport photo taken, I can't wear glasses, or smile.

There's exceptions for rules when appropriate.

But calling for an all out ban on certain religious garments because you feel it might represent something in another far far off country is absurd.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/1...erviews-243962

President Donald Trump has personally interviewed at least two potential candidates for U.S. attorney positions in New York, according to two sources familiar with the matter — a move that critics say raises questions about whether they can be sufficiently independent from the president.
    Shameless.
    Busy guy, although some might call it micro managing. Now I understand why he didn't' have time to call the mothers of the soldiers killed.

C2E Posting Power

delete

Keep arguing against the literal dictionary definition of "race" all so you can be called a regular ol' bigot instead of a racist. Sure seems like a good use of what little brainpower & what passes for "logic" your feeble mind can rustle up on a Friday afternoon....
    Yet another example of the "progressive" playing his favorite game, SEMANTICS(TM), and finishing off the rejoinder with a personal insult. All straight from the leftist playbook.

Unreal.

I'm just here to remind everyone that you're a bigot at best & a racist, misogynistic, regressive, illiberal, authoritarian muppet of a human being at worst.
    You need to come up with some new names to call people you disagree with. You've used these insults so frequently that they've lost all their "pizazz".

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819