Thread: Diotte seeking Federal conservative nomination

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default Diotte seeking Federal conservative nomination

EDMONTON - Defeated mayoral candidate Kerry Diotte is jumping back into politics by seeking the federal Conservative nomination in the new Edmonton-Griesbach riding.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...332/story.html
    Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

lol.

Let me guess his platform. "I really plan to listen to the people"
    youtube.com/BrothersGrim
    facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

^ or... I will tweet what ever harper tells me to tweet.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Knock Knock
    Who's there
    Kerry
    Kerry who
    Kerry Diotte
    Get off my f'ing doorstep
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Please. Please no. Not in my neighbourhood.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

I honestly don't think he'll get it. He's a loser (electorally speaking) and the CPC knows it. He was indiscriminately shunned at the mayoral election and no federal party would want to pick up someone who had failure so freshly associated with them.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Your riding is shaping up to be (gulp, dare I say it) interesting? daveberta.ca/

All depends on who he's up against.
    Let's make Edmonton better.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by gemini View Post
    knock knock
    who's there
    kerry
    kerry who
    kerry diotte
    get off my f'ing doorstep

lmao

Hey Kerry, where do you stand on the marijuana debate?
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

C2E SME

Diotte and Goldring, there goes the neighbourhood.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    I honestly don't think he'll get it. He's a loser (electorally speaking) and the CPC knows it. He was indiscriminately shunned at the mayoral election and no federal party would want to pick up someone who had failure so freshly associated with them.
    That's what I was thinking, too. I mean, sheesh, 15% of the vote when you're the candidate supposedly channeling all the populist anger out there?

I guess maybe if that 15% of the vote was all clustered in the parts of the city overlapping with the Griesbach riding, he might stand a chance.

He will get a few votes just on name recognition.

A lot of overlap in Edmonton-Griesbach with provincial NDP strongholds... could be a really interesting race if the conditions are right.

If you don't like him, vote for somebody else.

Stumbled across this article on Iceland from someone that purports to be an experienced travel writer and invited as part of an Edmonton trade and tourism delegation (?)...from a news source I have never heard. The firm is involved with comprises 2 partners, of which he is one, and operates from the home home of his lady partner (according to google maps). Of course he is now in the running for a Member of Parliament...

http://www.troymedia.com/2014/03/22/...me-in-iceland/

http://www.benchmarkcreative.net/associates/

^The link to the Troy Media story may have been changed. I get a "page not found".

Here's the story you may have been linking to plus another page from Kerry on Iceland from Troy Media:

http://www.troymedia.com/2014/03/22/...about-iceland/

http://www.troymedia.com/2014/03/22/...me-in-iceland/
    Last edited by TerryH; 25-03-2014 at 03:33 PM.

^First link seems to be broken. Try here: http://www.troymedia.com/2014/03/22/...me-in-iceland/
    ... gobsmacked

Kerry knocked on my door tonight, looking for nomination votes.

He won! Looks like NDP will be getting this riding...

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...820/story.html

Are you f-ing kidding me? Griesbach got drawn back into Goldring's riding? Diotte could be my MP? Even by moving I couldn't rid myself of this. It's like recurring cancer!

I despise the federal NDP, but my vote will likely have to go that way.

^^ Why would you (or anyone) assume that NDP will win this riding? They don't even have a candidate chosen yet.

I voted for Omar Tarchichi's nomination because I don't like Diotte. But Diotte is an improvement over Goldring. Looks like Diotte has my vote next election - ha ha.

C2E Posting Power

One ***** replaced by another.......

Ahh yes, right out of Dorward's playbook: keep running in elections until you win something.
    Support the mob or mysteriously disappear...

The only election Diotte lost so far was his mayoral bid.

highlander

Yeah, but that was a pretty big loss.

He might squeak in based on party affiliation and voters trust that he'll just be a back-bencher. Because I don't see voters in any election trusting him with a position where he'd actually be setting direction.

Diotte wouldn't become anything more than a backbencher. Harper isn't a fool.

Talk about an ego. The public have said loudly they don't want Diotte representing them. I see no difference between a local or federal representation.
    youtube.com/BrothersGrim
    facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

..yet...as mentioned above...MLA Dorward lost a mayoral bid but went on to win a PC seat.

Municipal non party politics vs party politics at a provincial and federal level....don't forget how they are structured...

you know...with all the mud slinging that goes on...I'm waiting until some of you run for office...like Kerry or not, it does take a bit of courage to put yourself out like that...no matter who you are or what you are running for. Even the politicians you like have a rather...healthy ego. One recent video of a local politician had slow motion shots of running up the stairs, opening the office door...and other "look at meeeeeeeee" moments when the topic was about something other than the politician.
    President and CEO - Airshow.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    That's the spirit, forget actual representation, just vote for a warm body in a suit!

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

...and the recent Republican victories in the US are essentially the same thing...given some of the candidates they ran.

...I can list many candidates that got in because they ran under the right banner...and the right leader...welcome to party politics and first to the post.
    President and CEO - Airshow.

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade View Post
    The public have said loudly they don't want Diotte representing them.

How so? Conservative party members nominated Diotte and then voted for him to be their party's candidate in their area. He was democratically elected into this position. If Conservative members "loudly" didn't want him, they would've voted for Omar Tarchichi instead.

And if people in the riding really have a problem with him, they can vote for the Liberal, NDP, or Green Party candidates in next year's general election.

Quote Originally Posted by bulliver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    That's the spirit, forget actual representation, just vote for a warm body in a suit!
    What the hell else am I supposed to do? Should I vote for whoever I think is the best candidate in my area and just hope the party I want to see in power wins without my vote?

I will vote for the member of the party I want to see in power.

If you are dead-set on voting CPC then I guess that's what you have to do. Forgive me, it was more a sad joke about the state of our electoral system than anything else.

Personally though, while Goldring is just an ineffectual empty suit, Diotte is actually smart enough to be dangerous. The guy has some pretty terrible ideas that lay pretty much 180 degrees from my own personal beliefs as evidenced by his run for mayor.

One more reason for me to vote Liberal.
    Edmonton first, everything else second.