Thread: Alberta ranked ninth on Guardian's list of top places in the world to visit

Default Alberta ranked ninth on Guardian's list of top places in the world to visit

I'd rather C2E than work!

Left hand apparently doesn't know what the right hand is up to over at the Guardian, which does its level best to demonize Alberta in general and oil sands in particular every chance it gets.

Hilareous.
    ... gobsmacked

still at least this time its good publicity for Alberta

C2E Continued Contributor

Got to mention Calgary in there somewhere.

Edmonton - Is that in Alberta?

Here is exactly what was written. Its not overly flattering i think.

Ontario has Toronto and Niagara; British Columbia has Vancouver and Whistler. Poor old Alberta comes third on UK visitors' lists, according to the Canadian Tourist Commission. But this may well change in 2014, with the opening of the Glacier Skywalk, pictured below, (from 17 May, £15 adults/£7 children) on the Icefields Parkway, between Banff and Jasper. The horseshoe-shaped, glass-floored walkway – similar to the Grand Canyon Skywalk – takes visitors 280m above the Sunwapta valley, over crashing waterfalls. The Glacier View Inn has a glacier package (from £84pp for double room and tour). World-class skiing is an hour or two's drive away: try Lake Louise, named Canada's best ski resort at the World Ski Awards. For city life try Calgary, which has gone from cowboy town to cosmopolitan cool.

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/20...-to-go-in-2014
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
    Left hand apparently doesn't know what the right hand is up to over at the Guardian, which does its level best to demonize Alberta in general and oil sands in particular every chance it gets.

Hilareous.
    And there's a 33 post discussion about air travel and climate change. I guess that had to eventually come up there. Most other paper's readers would've talked more about the actual story itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket252 View Post
    Got to mention Calgary in there somewhere.

Edmonton - Is that in Alberta?

More accolades seem to be pouring in for Cowtown....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...spot-1.2492441

2 endorsements is hardly 'pouring in'.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

^^This quote pretty much says it all: "The first thing that most visitors to Calgary do is plug 'Banff' into their rental car GPS."

C2E Super Addict

Quote Originally Posted by McBoo View Post

Hilareous.

Yep, a newspaper that actually writes on subjects other than ice hockey, that's got to be a tough one to comprehend for some one more accustomed on Canadian titles?
    "The only really positive thing one could say about Vancouver is, itís not the rest of Canada." Oink (britishexpats.com)

I'd rather C2E than work!

*sigh* poor unwanted expat child, where to begin? The tediousness, the total lack of comprehension. the utter tiresome predictability.

Just not sure where to start in the interstellar vacuum that is anything of value that you have to contribute to informed discourse, or as far as I can tell society at large.

Actually, yes - there was this Charlie Brown cartoon where Lucy offers helpfully to Charlie, to get a piece of paper and draw ten columns - and then ten rows to begin identifying his many fraults.

Now, with you, if you could just get a package of a thousand sheets.

All that said, I am truly sorry for how pathetic and useless your neopathalogical life must be.

I'll ask mommy come tuck you in
    ... gobsmacked