Thread: anyone else getting popups

Default anyone else getting popups

Today i seem to be getting spammed with popup ads every time i come to C2E but no other sites are doing this anyone else having issues with this and before you ask i do have ad block plus on my firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnoblade View Post
    Today i seem to be getting spammed with popup ads every time i come to C2E but no other sites are doing this anyone else having issues with this and before you ask i do have ad block plus on my firefox.
    Nope

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

C2E does not have advertising, nor the mechanism to produce pop up ads.
    Ow

I get that but could someone who doesnt have admin access insert some sort of web code or something making the site produce popups?

C2E Hard Core Contributor

popups? No.

Most likely there is a virus on your computer - download microsoft security essentials if you have vista or 7 and do a scan. If you have Windows 8 make sure windows defender is on and run a scan.

^I think i found the issue it was fracking bloatware something i never really get as for the viruses. Ha i have never had a virus on any of my computers in all the time i have been on them. And ew windows 8 should have never been made i will keep windows 7 any day.

or you've never had a virus you've detected on your computer before...

I keep my stuff up to date and scan once a month. I cringe at the people i help when i see their computers and they haven't updated anything ever. Im like why in gods name do you have a computer if your not going to take care of it.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

I get that but could someone who doesnt have admin access insert some sort of web code or something making the site produce popups?

No. I'm the only one with full site access and root access. Both have rotating passwords that are long and abstract.
    Ow

C2E Long Term Contributor

I keep my stuff up to date and scan once a month. I cringe at the people i help when i see their computers and they haven't updated anything ever. Im like why in gods name do you have a computer if your not going to take care of it.
    I would scan at least once a week if I were you.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

^The last scan i did after all this came up were just tracking cookies. Avg locked and deleted those away, so all is good again it must have been something i downloaded the other day, and it had stupid *** bloatware in it, even though i said no to installing it pisses me off to no end.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Nadda
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

C2E Continued Contributor

I have the latest version of Firefox (26.0), and I'm experiencing no malware or virus at all.
    Is there hope for Edmonton? Yes!!! The Oilers? Wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post

No. I'm the only one with full site access and root access. Both have rotating passwords that are long and abstract.
    What happens when you die? Could be lots of lonely people with no C2E...

^And there's moa making yet another post negative on the site well this was a good run well it lasted.......

Viruses and Malware, I haven't had one of those in almost 10 years.
    I'm surprised people are still getting these.
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

How many more times am i going to have to say it was BLOATWARE before anyone actually reads the posts?

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post

What happens when you die? Could be lots of lonely people with no C2E...
    There are provisions for this.
    Ow

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Try researching Better Surf. It's something that got installed on my PC. Then it made pop ups appears on some sites.

Easy enough to disable and get rid of.

Nothing here. Perhaps you have a virus?
    youtube.com/BrothersGrim
    facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Sigh did you even bother reading any of the posts? Im going with no its been as delt with and fixed it was for the 200000th time bloatware nothing more nothing less.

Perhaps you have a virus?

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Closed.
    Ow