Thread: Bubba's BBQ

First One is Always Free

Default Bubba's BBQ

I can't find the thread but some posters were asking what happened to Bubba's BBQ. He has reopened on a vacant lot on the south side of the Superstore at 51st Ave. and Gateway Blvd. He is open from 11:00 am till the 12:30 - 1:00 pm range, M -F. Monday is chicken, Tuesday is pulled pork in tomato sauce, Wednesday is pulled pork in some other sauce, Thursday is beef brisket and Friday is pork rib day.

C2E Long Term Contributor

^so I hear... shame how far he is for us downtown folk.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

He should have done a food truck!

BOOOO
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

I'd rather C2E than work!

Sadly, it is a food truck but he's just choosing to keep it in one location.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    I can't find the thread but some posters were asking what happened to Bubba's BBQ. He has reopened on a vacant lot on the south side of the Superstore at 51st Ave. and Gateway Blvd. He is open from 11:00 am till the 12:30 - 1:00 pm range, M -F. Monday is chicken, Tuesday is pulled pork in tomato sauce, Wednesday is pulled pork in some other sauce, Thursday is beef brisket and Friday is pork rib day.
    This doesn't sound very appealing..
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

C2E Long Term Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Ander View Post
    I think our friend Mack Male needs to give Bubba a call for the next What the Truck event.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Ander View Post
    ... Call the city of Edmonton.. getting places to park a food truck are not as easy as you may think. The city needs to get it's groove on.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

I'm sure he has worked out an agreement with whoever owns the lot he's been parked on for months. If he was parked on a sidestreet somewhere it'd be a different story.

Damn, the secret's out.

I thought he said he opens at 11:30 weekdays..?

First One is Always Free

^
    I made a typo. He does start serving at 11:30.

CORRECTION:

It's a trailer, not a food truck. Not that it makes much difference as both are quite mobile, but I thought I'd point it out anyway.

I think Bubba's appeal is he's located in light industrial areas. Blue collar workers and trades people love their smoked meat too.

Also Bubba is a one person operation. If he was downtown his daily specials will be sold out in no time flat.

Buuba's is planning to expand according to his Twitter:
    @BubbaKingOfBBQ
    Last edited by North Guy66; 12-03-2012 at 04:36 PM.

I see bubba has a Twitter account, and was looking for investors for a more permanent drive through site.

Partially Addicted to C2E

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    He does Tennessee pulled pork (Tuesday) and Carolina pulled pork (Wednesday) - both are delicious.

First One is Always Free

^ In addition to having the city's best beer selection, the Rose Bowl on 88th Ave. by the High Level Diner also serves an excellent pulled pork sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dupree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    He does Tennessee pulled pork (Tuesday) and Carolina pulled pork (Wednesday) - both are delicious.
    I guess the below the board joke didn't quite work out..
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Was featured on CBC this morning with Twyla.. guess there'll be many more people there this and next week.

C2E Continued Contributor

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...005/story.html

Bad news for Bubbas. Hopefully can get going again.
    My antidepressent drug of choice is running. Cheaper with less side effects!

Great news! Bubba's has reopened after the trailer fire two years ago.

New location at the Osman Auction parking lot. 75 st. and Wagner Road.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/131/1559...House-Edmonton

Saw that the other day.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal