Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253545556 LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,300 of 5569

Thread: West Edmonton Mall | Renovations

  1. #5201
    C2E Stole my Heart!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Edmonton area.
    Posts
    8,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    About a month later after the initial announcement:

    West Edmonton Mall waterpark undergoes $2.5 million renovation

    One of Canada’s most famous waterparks is temporarily closed as it undergoes a $2.5 million renovation.
    West Edmonton Mall’s World Waterpark will be closed to the public until Sept. 26 as crews, among other things, repaint the 50,000-square-foot wave pool.
    When it reopens it will do so in a limited capacity. It will be back to full capacity on Oct. 6.
    Spokesperson Darcy Hewson said other work includes newly renovated cabanas, additional bathroom facilities near the beach and new beach area flooring and upgraded signage throughout.
    “These improvements will enhance the overall experience for over half a million World Waterpark guests annually,” Hewson said in an email.
    Here's to another 10 years of construction!
    WEM is like a small city in itself. Always construction going on somewhere.

  2. #5202
    C2E Long Term Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    32,413

    Default

    From the "thought it was already open" file...
    Starlight Casino at West Edmonton Mall ready to roll the dice after $57-million expansion

    I don't know where 1/2 of these eateries located though, especially Atlas.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

  3. #5203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    From the "thought it was already open" file...
    Starlight Casino at West Edmonton Mall ready to roll the dice after $57-million expansion

    I don't know where 1/2 of these eateries located though, especially Atlas.
    basicly they are where the old theater location was and also where the one nightclub that was next to t&t is

  4. #5204

    Default

    Halloween Alley is open in the old West 49 space- don’t know if that got mentioned yet. Pretty much the same old stuff, with some ancient merchandise (Ever After High costumes still?). No moving/roaring mechanical scares this time, though.

    The Disney Store is super decked out for Halloween, and has already turned their Christmas ornament tree into a wall displayer, probably for ease of access.

    The water park had a bit of water in it while guys were doing work on another part of it. How long are these Renos supposed to take?

    Looks like The Shaving Kit is toast. Everything was gutted. Holy cow, what a bad location. You’d literally never see it unless you used that entrance or were checking out the hotel.

    International Clothiers opened in its new location on the upper floor- old a Target space. It’ll be weird for this old Zellers employee to go in there now .

    Nothing else different that I can see. I was too late for Galaxyland (stupid bus waited at the UofA, and got caught in monster 5pm traffic)- when do they add horror stuff? I must be getting old, because that feels like yesterday when they last had it.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 25-09-2018 at 09:44 PM.

  5. #5205
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Where ever Visa is accepted
    Posts
    4,548

    Default

    Flip Flop shop in phase 1 food court is boarded up.
    Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

  6. #5206

    Default

    the leather store that got moved to its new location near the lambo is boarded up as well

  7. #5207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post

    The water park had a bit of water in it while guys were doing work on another part of it. How long are these Renos supposed to take?
    WEM website says partially open today thru Friday (Wavepool and a bunch of slides still closed, discounted admission). Full opening Saturday, Sept. 29th.

  8. #5208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry N View Post
    Flip Flop shop in phase 1 food court is boarded up.
    Oh wow - that one is ancient. I missed that, then.

    Where was the new spot for the leather shop? I don’t recall that one.

  9. #5209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry N View Post
    Flip Flop shop in phase 1 food court is boarded up.
    Oh wow - that one is ancient. I missed that, then.

    Where was the new spot for the leather shop? I don’t recall that one.
    It was the store where coco70 is now going it had been moved into the old ripcurl location next to bikini village

  10. #5210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magnus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry N View Post
    Flip Flop shop in phase 1 food court is boarded up.
    Oh wow - that one is ancient. I missed that, then.

    Where was the new spot for the leather shop? I don’t recall that one.
    It was the store where coco70 is now going it had been moved into the old ripcurl location next to bikini village
    Ah, I remember that spot for the old shop. I didn’t see where the new one was, though. Kinda sad when a loooooooooooonnnnnngggggggg term tenant goes away. I’d always associated that belt-rack with that part of the mall, lol. Really changes the dynamic of the place.

  11. #5211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magnus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry N View Post
    Flip Flop shop in phase 1 food court is boarded up.
    Oh wow - that one is ancient. I missed that, then.

    Where was the new spot for the leather shop? I don’t recall that one.
    It was the store where coco70 is now going it had been moved into the old ripcurl location next to bikini village
    Ah, I remember that spot for the old shop. I didn’t see where the new one was, though. Kinda sad when a loooooooooooonnnnnngggggggg term tenant goes away. I’d always associated that belt-rack with that part of the mall, lol. Really changes the dynamic of the place.
    you can thank the amazon era for all these places shutting down i dont remember the last time i have seen the mall with this many hordings

  12. #5212

    Default

    In Edmonton, Louis Vuitton says that it plans to open a standalone store at West Edmonton Mall in 2019, which will be approximately the same size as the CF Chinook Centre store in Calgary (which is scheduled to open on November 1, according to Vuitton). The West Edmonton Mall store would replace an existing concession at Holt Renfrew in downtown Edmonton and with that loss, the future of Edmonton’s Holt Renfrew is more uncertain than ever.
    https://www.retail-insider.com/retai...tore-expansion

  13. #5213
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Where ever Visa is accepted
    Posts
    4,548

    Default

    Roots is open in their new space.
    Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

  14. #5214

    Default

    RE: Louis Vuitton is opening at West Edmonton Mall

    I wonder where?

    Also lets imagine and could it work. Holt Renfrew opens in the old Sears space, assuming its available, and making that wing a new high end luxury wing sort of unto itself. Or even a Saks Fifth Avenue.

  15. #5215

    Default

    Was at the mall today with a friend- I was looking for walled-up shops, but only saw a few of them. Maybe it's because I visit Kingsway routinely, but WEM has never looked particularly bad for stores being shuttered . That one place that was selling some kind of crackling ice cream appears to have existed for only a few weeks or something, because I think I saw it exactly once before it vanished. Did anyone else see that? In the old Tutti-Frutti location, by Games Workshop and the soap place?

    Any particular highlights any of you all miss, from stores that have shut down? I liked that dinosaur-related shop, and sadly never got to go into the "touring" part (I should have just gone in alone, but I was always waiting for a friend so I didn't have to. Did anyone ever go? Was it any good?). Millennium was a great shop when you're a teen, but looks kind of lame once you hit 21 or so.

  16. #5216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Was at the mall today with a friend- I was looking for walled-up shops, but only saw a few of them. Maybe it's because I visit Kingsway routinely, but WEM has never looked particularly bad for stores being shuttered . That one place that was selling some kind of crackling ice cream appears to have existed for only a few weeks or something, because I think I saw it exactly once before it vanished. Did anyone else see that? In the old Tutti-Frutti location, by Games Workshop and the soap place?

    Any particular highlights any of you all miss, from stores that have shut down? I liked that dinosaur-related shop, and sadly never got to go into the "touring" part (I should have just gone in alone, but I was always waiting for a friend so I didn't have to. Did anyone ever go? Was it any good?). Millennium was a great shop when you're a teen, but looks kind of lame once you hit 21 or so.
    Fun fact millennium was owned by the same person who owns bubble and gum and the other candy stores

  17. #5217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magnus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Was at the mall today with a friend- I was looking for walled-up shops, but only saw a few of them. Maybe it's because I visit Kingsway routinely, but WEM has never looked particularly bad for stores being shuttered . That one place that was selling some kind of crackling ice cream appears to have existed for only a few weeks or something, because I think I saw it exactly once before it vanished. Did anyone else see that? In the old Tutti-Frutti location, by Games Workshop and the soap place?

    Any particular highlights any of you all miss, from stores that have shut down? I liked that dinosaur-related shop, and sadly never got to go into the "touring" part (I should have just gone in alone, but I was always waiting for a friend so I didn't have to. Did anyone ever go? Was it any good?). Millennium was a great shop when you're a teen, but looks kind of lame once you hit 21 or so.
    Fun fact millennium was owned by the same person who owns bubble and gum and the other candy stores
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? Stop blowing my mind, dude . How many places does that WEM kingpin own?

  18. #5218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magnus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Was at the mall today with a friend- I was looking for walled-up shops, but only saw a few of them. Maybe it's because I visit Kingsway routinely, but WEM has never looked particularly bad for stores being shuttered . That one place that was selling some kind of crackling ice cream appears to have existed for only a few weeks or something, because I think I saw it exactly once before it vanished. Did anyone else see that? In the old Tutti-Frutti location, by Games Workshop and the soap place?

    Any particular highlights any of you all miss, from stores that have shut down? I liked that dinosaur-related shop, and sadly never got to go into the "touring" part (I should have just gone in alone, but I was always waiting for a friend so I didn't have to. Did anyone ever go? Was it any good?). Millennium was a great shop when you're a teen, but looks kind of lame once you hit 21 or so.
    Fun fact millennium was owned by the same person who owns bubble and gum and the other candy stores
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? Stop blowing my mind, dude . How many places does that WEM kingpin own?
    right now just the candy stores and before bubble and gum it was matte and glow and before that it was forever flawless or somthing

  19. #5219

    Default

    How many different retailers have you worked for in the mall now?

  20. #5220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    How many different retailers have you worked for in the mall now?
    I dont think thats even appropriate to ask here what does it even matter to you anyhow

  21. #5221
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Beaumont, ab
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    It's all good Magnus....I was thinking the exact same thing...back in the day - kids that loitered there were obviously called "Mallrats." But now I'm wondering what do they call serial employees of various Mall stores? Mall sh&theads? I really wanna know!

  22. #5222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magnus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    How many different retailers have you worked for in the mall now?
    I dont think thats even appropriate to ask here what does it even matter to you anyhow
    There's nothing wrong or inappropriate about asking. Your choice if you want to answer... and as for matters? It doesn't really matter to me at all. Good on ya for staying employed!
    Last edited by Medwards; 01-10-2018 at 01:04 PM.

  23. #5223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post

    How many places does that WEM kingpin own?
    To answer that question i think i was told 8 or so in total at one point thruout their 30 years or so of being in the mall. one of those was the playboy store that was where EB games is now

  24. #5224

    Default

    Oh Bullywards, your question has implicit negative overtones. But you knew that.
    I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

  25. #5225

    Default

    Oh calling me a bully... that's a dick move... but... you're a dick... you knew that! carry on, as you were.

  26. #5226

    Default

    David's tea is boarded up not sure if its a reno or just another victim of our **** economy

    Edit just getting a reno
    Last edited by Dark Magnus; 13-10-2018 at 07:25 AM.

  27. #5227

    Default

    Was at the mall today- checked out Bubble & Gum and DM and I gossiped about the rest of y'all . Got some good stuff (KOOL-AID IN UNUSUAL FLAVORS, GUYS! Grocery stores never have that!). Those "flower buds" actually taste like how flowers smell.

    Some big waterpark thing was going on at night- it looks nice, but same-y (I guess they changed the color of the pool bottom). One of these days, I should actually go in there. But I'd have to buy swim trunks. And not go in alone like some weirdo. I mean, who's gonna watch my stuff while I go down a slide or whatever?

    Places keep renovating and moving around- I guess David's Tea moved. Cacao hasn't opened up yet. CHAPTERS of all places is re-branding to Indigo for some reason- being 90% boarded up for no reason of course makes it look CLOSED, which is a terrible idea.

    The Coin & Stamp store has a HUGE Giant Elsa Statuette. $379.99?? Too rich for MY blood... or IS IT? aaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhh temptationnnnnnnnnnn...

    The Disney Store was advertising some of their new fancy dolls recently, but now all of a sudden there's only one still visible, even though the others haven't gone on sale yet. Were those just teasers or something? Or did someone steal them? I mean, they were RIGHT next to the entrance. That's a ton of free money on eBay if someone was smart about it.

    It occurs to me that in like 10-15 years of that store being around, I don't think I've ever seen an employee of Collector's Edge NOT just sitting casually behind the till, just hanging out. Maybe it's because I only shop late, but those guys never move, and are always two to a till. And I never see the MERCHANDISE really move- how does this place stay open? It's a monster location, and rent in this mall is insane.

    Bubba Gump continues to be incredibly busy. People online laugh when I tell them that it's like Edmonton's busiest restaurant right now - "What does that say about Edmonton's cuisine?". To be fair, it's not like WEM has a huge amount of fine dining.

  28. #5228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Was at the mall today- checked out Bubble & Gum and DM and I gossiped about the rest of y'all . Got some good stuff (KOOL-AID IN UNUSUAL FLAVORS, GUYS! Grocery stores never have that!). Those "flower buds" actually taste like how flowers smell.

    Some big waterpark thing was going on at night- it looks nice, but same-y (I guess they changed the color of the pool bottom). One of these days, I should actually go in there. But I'd have to buy swim trunks. And not go in alone like some weirdo. I mean, who's gonna watch my stuff while I go down a slide or whatever?

    Places keep renovating and moving around- I guess David's Tea moved. Cacao hasn't opened up yet. CHAPTERS of all places is re-branding to Indigo for some reason- being 90% boarded up for no reason of course makes it look CLOSED, which is a terrible idea.

    The Coin & Stamp store has a HUGE Giant Elsa Statuette. $379.99?? Too rich for MY blood... or IS IT? aaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhh temptationnnnnnnnnnn...

    The Disney Store was advertising some of their new fancy dolls recently, but now all of a sudden there's only one still visible, even though the others haven't gone on sale yet. Were those just teasers or something? Or did someone steal them? I mean, they were RIGHT next to the entrance. That's a ton of free money on eBay if someone was smart about it.

    It occurs to me that in like 10-15 years of that store being around, I don't think I've ever seen an employee of Collector's Edge NOT just sitting casually behind the till, just hanging out. Maybe it's because I only shop late, but those guys never move, and are always two to a till. And I never see the MERCHANDISE really move- how does this place stay open? It's a monster location, and rent in this mall is insane.

    Bubba Gump continues to be incredibly busy. People online laugh when I tell them that it's like Edmonton's busiest restaurant right now - "What does that say about Edmonton's cuisine?". To be fair, it's not like WEM has a huge amount of fine dining.
    It was nice meeting you man lol but yeah they finally repainted the bottom of the pool back to its normal state it looks so much better now hopefully they don't wait another 30 years to repaint it. David's tea is just getting a reno I'm not sure if they actually moved somewhere else in the mall till their regular spot is ready. That Elsa doll thing only 400 bucks pish that's cheap bro get it LOL. Collectors edge is like how BNG is honestly they get spirts of people going and potentially buying things.

  29. #5229
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Beaumont, ab
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Of course it's the busiest restaurant....doesn't mean its the best. Massive Yankee chains like that will always attract a crowd....anyway here's a tidbit about chains - want to know the busiest restaurant in Vegas - 18 years ago? Cheesecake Factory in the Forum Shops - not the best but the busiest - at the time....

  30. #5230

    Default

    Cheesecake factory is really good. Never been to Bubba Gump but gotta try it.

  31. #5231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dialog View Post
    Oh Bullywards, your question has implicit negative overtones. But you knew that.
    The irony meter flies off the dial here. From a poster that only appears here at all to chastise from an ivory tower..
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

  32. #5232

    Default

    1. Holy time delay reaction. Maybe you had time because you haven’t yet Replacemented all over the RAM thread yet today.

    2. You just can’t quit me. I hardy ever post because any thread I might want to check in on, before I know it I’m wading hip-deep through so much Replacement that when the never-ending heavy flow of Replacement picks up I fear for my safety. To be swept away in fast-moving mountain rapids is one thing... but by Replacement?

    3. Yeah you enjoy a bit of the bullying too.

  33. #5233

    Default

    ^ guy calling others bullies posts that. Much kettle meets pot? you're a special type of something, that's for sure.

  34. #5234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dialog View Post
    1. Holy time delay reaction. Maybe you had time because you haven’t yet Replacemented all over the RAM thread yet today.

    2. You just can’t quit me. I hardy ever post because any thread I might want to check in on, before I know it I’m wading hip-deep through so much Replacement that when the never-ending heavy flow of Replacement picks up I fear for my safety. To be swept away in fast-moving mountain rapids is one thing... but by Replacement?

    3. Yeah you enjoy a bit of the bullying too.

    You established the framework of Meds and others reaction and then blamed them for it. I have this reaction with few posters. But given your username is dialog and what you bring here, and you've acknowledged as much, you have it coming.


    If you want to adopt a different tact here then by all means, no worries, I'll note the difference and respond accordingly.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

  35. #5235

    Default

    The Halloween decorations are largely all up in Galaxyland, including the pretty gory ones. My friend's kid was not impressed, lol. Apparently that kids play area down on the bottom floor is REALLY good- was this always there? I don't recall checking out the specifics of every place in Galaxyland, since I don't really do the rides.

    Me, I still miss the "old rides graveyard" that used to be visible under the rollercoaster. If you looked WAY back against the wall, they had some of the equipment from run-down, exiled or broken attractions. It was a fun look at ages past. They probably threw all that stuff away since then.

    The Rec Room now has a MASSIVE Halo machine (same as South Edmonton Common's location), which replaces one of the Street Fighter IV machines. And for the first time EVER, I actually saw someone play that game with the lumberjack cutting down the tree (which has, until now, pretty much sat there airing its intro for the entirety of every time I've ever been in this joint). It must be a French game or something- it even has improper spelling- "Ups" instead of "Oops" for when you make a mistake!

    hmmm... what else? Saw some ne'er-do-well youngsters booted out by the mall police. The first time I've seen that for people who weren't either obviously crazy/screaming at other patrons, or drunken jerks.

  36. #5236

    Default

    So I made an unexpected trip to the mall today, as I was done at the Valley Zoo at like 4, and the mall was close enough to walk to (whose slow butt did they record on the Map function? 1 hour 19 minutes? I made it in less than 55!).

    One of the locations in the food court by the Sunrise & Movie Theatre area was closed. I don't recall what was in there before, though.

    I spent some time just looking at stuff in the SportChek- this is really one of the more impressive stores in the mall, though I feel they just CRAM way too much stuff onto the shelves, ruining sight lines and making it look cluttered. I wonder how much staff this place has- I swear I see no less than 25 people working AT A TIME, which is crazy expensive. I'd imagine the prices they charge pay off a bit- most of the stuff here is really pricey.

    A LOT of "Air Jordan" merchandise. When did that "Jumping Man" logo make a comeback? I feel like i haven't seen that in ages. Almost everything else is Under Armor. By contrast, Adidas gear all looks very "80s" to me now. Fashion trends are a harsh mistress.

    The Rec Room was solidly busy, as they charge half-price for games on Wednesdays. I really have to declare this place a huge success- it's almost always busy every time I check, unless it's the middle of the week at 10 pm. I never see the SEC location busy, but I usually time it for late on a Sunday, so I can't really give a fair assessment.

    The Pet Store was all out of cats & dogs this time around, and just had rabbits. I keep waiting to hear about another disaster befalling this joint.

    Now I know I wasn't crazy- two girls were walking around one of the low-traffic areas (by the Comex Hobby/Warhammer/Gym wing) dressed up like Disney Princesses- Ariel & the live-action Cinderella. And I KNOW I'd seen them one time a few months ago (that time, it was by the Ice Palace)! They just sort of walk around taking pictures with people- is this a hobby, or their job? I was all ready to go out and buy an engagement ring, but then I got a closer look and NOPE- half my age, lol. They were around for a couple of minutes, but I went into a shop and then didn't see them again.

  37. #5237
    Plug C2E into my veins!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Westwood
    Posts
    16,540

    Default

    ^pretty sure the Disney characters might be a promotion for Disney on Ice in November. They really make a point of making tickets really inexpensive and getting people out to experience Disney who may not be able to afford the trip to Disneyland.

  38. #5238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Was at the mall today- checked out Bubble & Gum and DM and I gossiped about the rest of y'all . Got some good stuff (KOOL-AID IN UNUSUAL FLAVORS, GUYS! Grocery stores never have that!). Those "flower buds" actually taste like how flowers smell.

    Some big waterpark thing was going on at night- it looks nice, but same-y (I guess they changed the color of the pool bottom). One of these days, I should actually go in there. But I'd have to buy swim trunks. And not go in alone like some weirdo. I mean, who's gonna watch my stuff while I go down a slide or whatever?

    Places keep renovating and moving around- I guess David's Tea moved. Cacao hasn't opened up yet. CHAPTERS of all places is re-branding to Indigo for some reason- being 90% boarded up for no reason of course makes it look CLOSED, which is a terrible idea.

    The Coin & Stamp store has a HUGE Giant Elsa Statuette. $379.99?? Too rich for MY blood... or IS IT? aaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhh temptationnnnnnnnnnn...

    The Disney Store was advertising some of their new fancy dolls recently, but now all of a sudden there's only one still visible, even though the others haven't gone on sale yet. Were those just teasers or something? Or did someone steal them? I mean, they were RIGHT next to the entrance. That's a ton of free money on eBay if someone was smart about it.

    It occurs to me that in like 10-15 years of that store being around, I don't think I've ever seen an employee of Collector's Edge NOT just sitting casually behind the till,a just hanging out. Maybe it's because I only shop late, but those guys never move, and are always two to a till. And I never see the MERCHANDISE really move- how does this place stay open? It's a monster location, and rent in this mall is insane.

    Bubba Gump continues to be incredibly busy. People online laugh when I tell them that it's like Edmonton's busiest restaurant right now - "What does that say about Edmonton's cuisine?". To be fair, it's not like WEM has a huge amount of fine dining.
    All the Chapters are being rebranded to Indigo.

    Admist all the hoarded up stores does Louis Vuitton have a spot saying opening soon?

  39. #5239

    Default

    Unfortunately, I'm not sure. I never usually notice stores like that. That's interesting about Chapters. I always wondered why they had so many different store names.

    But isn't "Chapters" a better name for a BOOK STORE than "Indigo"? I would think so.

    ^pretty sure the Disney characters might be a promotion for Disney on Ice in November. They really make a point of making tickets really inexpensive and getting people out to experience Disney who may not be able to afford the trip to Disneyland.




    Hmmm, that makes sense. I can't remember when I last saw them- I think a month or so ago.

  40. #5240

    Default

    It was wok box that is doing a reno or they changing what they are putting in that location Jab

  41. #5241
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Where ever Visa is accepted
    Posts
    4,548

    Default

    haven't seen an LV signage
    Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

  42. #5242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm not sure. I never usually notice stores like that. That's interesting about Chapters. I always wondered why they had so many different store names.

    But isn't "Chapters" a better name for a BOOK STORE than "Indigo"? I would think so.

    ^pretty sure the Disney characters might be a promotion for Disney on Ice in November. They really make a point of making tickets really inexpensive and getting people out to experience Disney who may not be able to afford the trip to Disneyland.




    Hmmm, that makes sense. I can't remember when I last saw them- I think a month or so ago.
    Indigo bought out Chapters and ya, chapters was a good name

    As they renovate stores they are also changing the name.
    Last edited by SpongeG; 26-10-2018 at 12:59 AM.

  43. #5243

    Default

    Indigo is more than a book store though. The "Chapters" name may be a bit too focused for them.

  44. #5244
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    edmonton, alberta
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    Had a walk through the renovated casino a few weeks ago. Huge improvement. I loved the entrance and the new gaming area. I also enjoyed walking through the mall and not seeing anything under construction/renovation. I thought the interior of the mall was looking good.

  45. #5245

    Default

    Lol- the pet store is shuttered again. This time, however, they’ve announced reopening near The Bay. Nothing there yet, though- the Mall Info booth people told me it just hasn’t opened yet, but will be by SlerpCountry. That’s a major location downgrade... but is probably for the best.

    But man, that end of the mall looks AWFUL now. Looks like 100 feet of just boards. You can barely see Coin& Stamp begins the Indigo and Pet stores being boarded up.

    I’d miss the pet store, as it’s a fun place to visit and see kitties, but holy crap they really need to just sell rescues. It’s so bad to still have the “shop, don’t adopt” approach these days.

  46. #5246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Lol- the pet store is shuttered again. This time, however, they’ve announced reopening near The Bay. Nothing there yet, though- the Mall Info booth people told me it just hasn’t opened yet, but will be by SlerpCountry. That’s a major location downgrade... but is probably for the best.

    But man, that end of the mall looks AWFUL now. Looks like 100 feet of just boards. You can barely see Coin& Stamp begins the Indigo and Pet stores being boarded up.

    I’d miss the pet store, as it’s a fun place to visit and see kitties, but holy crap they really need to just sell rescues. It’s so bad to still have the “shop, don’t adopt” approach these days.
    You were in the mall and you didnt come see me!!!! im super offended now

  47. #5247

    Default

    Lol- sorry! I only had a short time there today! And you looked busy when I walked by! I swear!

  48. #5248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Lol- sorry! I only had a short time there today! And you looked busy when I walked by! I swear!
    it was dead and i was basically building new fixtures is all

  49. #5249
    C2E Long Term Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    32,413
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

  50. #5250

    Default

    So I found out where they will be putting LV it will be taking banana republic space and the haircut place will be their storage area (source: the lady who works at hair de moda that moved closer to the hotel) also the old my pet location is apparently gonna be anaurora cannabis store or something

  51. #5251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magnus View Post
    So I found out where they will be putting LV it will be taking banana republic space and the haircut place will be their storage area (source: the lady who works at hair de moda that moved closer to the hotel) also the old my pet location is apparently gonna be anaurora cannabis store or something
    Wait what? LV is gonna open a store here in Edmonton?!?!?! I mean... not like I could accord a single item from there but wow!

  52. #5252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nosepass2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magnus View Post
    So I found out where they will be putting LV it will be taking banana republic space and the haircut place will be their storage area (source: the lady who works at hair de moda that moved closer to the hotel) also the old my pet location is apparently gonna be anaurora cannabis store or something
    Wait what? LV is gonna open a store here in Edmonton?!?!?! I mean... not like I could accord a single item from there but wow!
    back on post 5212 -5214
    http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showt...l=1#post904561

  53. #5253

    Default

    Was at the mall for a bit today (didn't see ya, DM, or else I'd have stopped in, lol).

    The Pet Plus has reopened in its new location- nice flooring and it looks well-maintained... but WOW what a step down. It's a TINY shop, barely the size of the Game City in that same hallway, with no room for a "kitten room" or anything like that. There was one guy in the store, and if they'd had any more, it would have been too crowded. It has 4-6 large kennels in the back, and a rack full of dog beds and food- the usual things. But there's probably 1/4 the stuff they used to have. It's actually kind of depressing... but probably more realistic in terms of what a place like that can afford these days. Their old location was positively GIGANTIC, and even reducing their floorspace (and giving it to Chapters) wasn't helping. HOPEFULLY this can fix their problem.

    It's too bad, though- like I said before, it was always fun to visit the place, even if selling dogs & cats these days is pretty unethical.

    London Drugs tore out one of their tills- the one closest to the service desk. Given how I've literally never seen more than two lanes open at a time in this location, perhaps it's for the best, but they might just be replacing it or throwing in self-scan or something. But seriously, I've seen this place at 5pm on a Saturday with on SD guy and one lane open.

    Some of the hallway vendors were extra-annoying today- usually I don't get bothered, but today I had a couple of the "SIR! HOW ARE YOU!" things going on while they waved tiny baggies at me.

    Oddly, I saw a clearly homeless-looking man shuffling about the mall at around 9pm- that's something I've literally never seen in this mall, which usually has a crack security team/police force (I saw them getting a "hands in the pockets" dude who was loitering in Galaxyland to move along as well).

    I went around the casino again (I tried in mid-October, but they were randomly checking IDs and mine had literally expired the week before so they wouldn't let me in- this time, nobody stopped me or even checked my bag- their security is SO random here)- it seemed a bit more "open", possibly because I'd had the floorplan in my head by this point. It's a bit "shorter" than it used to be, as the back area is now for poker and that restaurant- it took me a bit to rationalize this area with the old one- I had to look at the large floor-to-ceiling windows to get a sense of where things used to be.

    It's interesting how many of the machines are just penny-slots. And how often the machines are just scattered about- I saw several duplicates. The advertising is a bit funny, as clearly old ladies use these more often, but the majority of the slot machines have exotic comely maidens on them instead of, like, pictures of ribbon candy or receipts to return, or whatever old ladies like .

  54. #5254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    London Drugs tore out one of their tills- the one closest to the service desk. Given how I've literally never seen more than two lanes open at a time in this location, perhaps it's for the best, but they might just be replacing it or throwing in self-scan or something. But seriously, I've seen this place at 5pm on a Saturday with on SD guy and one lane open.
    Yes we tore out 1 checkout to put in 3 self checkouts that are coming later on this week or next and honstly the only time all the tills get used is during xmas but even then its normaly customer serivce desk and till 4 that only really get used

  55. #5255

    Default

    Is Banana Republic being relocated or closing altogether?

  56. #5256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Messiah View Post
    Is Banana Republic being relocated or closing altogether?
    Im not too sure where they would move BR so we will have to just wait and see on that

  57. #5257
    C2E Stole my Heart!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Edmonton area.
    Posts
    8,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nosepass2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magnus View Post
    So I found out where they will be putting LV it will be taking banana republic space and the haircut place will be their storage area (source: the lady who works at hair de moda that moved closer to the hotel) also the old my pet location is apparently gonna be anaurora cannabis store or something
    Wait what? LV is gonna open a store here in Edmonton?!?!?! I mean... not like I could accord a single item from there but wow!
    They’ve been in Manulife for a long time. I know because my wife wastes a lot of dough there.

  58. #5258

    Default

    LV was never at Manulife, but they had products at Holts. This is a LV exclusive, but I would imagine they'll carry mostly entry products. I wouldnt expect to see anyone here in this city who would fork out 50k for a handbag which is a five year wait to to attain.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

  59. #5259
    First One is Always Free
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    downtown
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Actually the LV in Holts is an LV leased concession, they are a shop within Holts.

  60. #5260
    C2E Long Term Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    32,413

    Default

    Peloton, a fitness/cycle kiosk, has opened near Sport Chek
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

  61. #5261

    Default

    Gucci is rumoured to open a 3rd store in Canada specifically Edmonton, could they also go yo WEM

  62. #5262
    C2E Long Term Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    32,413

    Default

    BonLook eyewear opening in Phase III
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

  63. #5263

    Default

    Indigo took down their boards and has a new storefront, now. Looks pretty similar, but the logo now sticks WAY out on a ledge. At least it prevents that whole corner from looking boarded up and dead.

    A new toy store opened up on the top floor above the Santa Maria, looking like a "Christmas Toys" pop-up shop. Mostly fancy-looking artsy toys (like puzzles made of specially-shaped wooden bits that form 3-D sculptures) that cost way too much money to be practical. Some very expensive mobiles (I've seen those in a few stores now- is someone trying to start a trend?). And then a smattering of random pop culture stuff, like some Marvel & DC-themed paperweights and tiny miniature toys. Hilariously, I saw some Tinker Bell toys selling for $8 each that I've actually bought off of eBay for 5/$10- they even have the same kind of paint-jobs (ie. random, sweatshop-caliber iffy painting). That's kind of a random assortment of stuff.

    Once again, the mall closed at 6 pm with HORDES of customers still wanting to shop- I have to wonder why they keep doing this. Maybe the tenants just don't want to have to cover the full spread of shifts?

  64. #5264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    Indigo took down their boards and has a new storefront, now. Looks pretty similar, but the logo now sticks WAY out on a ledge. At least it prevents that whole corner from looking boarded up and dead.

    A new toy store opened up on the top floor above the Santa Maria, looking like a "Christmas Toys" pop-up shop. Mostly fancy-looking artsy toys (like puzzles made of specially-shaped wooden bits that form 3-D sculptures) that cost way too much money to be practical. Some very expensive mobiles (I've seen those in a few stores now- is someone trying to start a trend?). And then a smattering of random pop culture stuff, like some Marvel & DC-themed paperweights and tiny miniature toys. Hilariously, I saw some Tinker Bell toys selling for $8 each that I've actually bought off of eBay for 5/$10- they even have the same kind of paint-jobs (ie. random, sweatshop-caliber iffy painting). That's kind of a random assortment of stuff.

    Once again, the mall closed at 6 pm with HORDES of customers still wanting to shop- I have to wonder why they keep doing this. Maybe the tenants just don't want to have to cover the full spread of shifts?
    hours next month change to stay open an extra hour

  65. #5265

    Default

    iQOS store is now open. (they sell electronic tobacco heating devices)

    DNA Tea is boarded up.

  66. #5266

    Default

    The mall was just NUTS on Black Friday, which I totally forgot about until I got there, lol. The Disney Store was doing a 20% off everything sale, so I managed to grab some stuff I was waiting on . Now I'm curious about some of their giant, super-expensive dolls- the ones that have been warming shelves for over a year. I see fewer of them now than before, but they tend to cycle them in and out of the back to save space sometimes.

    There's some insanely expensive ($140!) set of the Princesses in their casual wear from Wreck-It Ralph 2, which would have been much cheaper that day, but it's too rich for my blood .

    I'm not sure what kind of other deals the rest of the mall had, but pretty much everything was busy.

    That tea shop (bubble tea?) right in front of the water park looks to be definitely closed, and has been for quite some time. It actually looks borderline abandoned- I can see some stuff on their counter tops.

    Those three tiny self-scans at London Drugs have effectively killed their line-up problem... though oddly, actually require the use of an extra cashier they never seemed to be using any other time I've come by, which would have solved the problem in the first place ! I mean, most people are really only here for small purchases, or else they go to the specific department (photos, computers, etc.), so it's perfect for self-scans, which get bogged down with large orders. Though being "Cards Only" probably makes some people crazy.

  67. #5267
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Where ever Visa is accepted
    Posts
    4,548

    Default

    Another eyewear store is also opening beside the Ice Palace...... Bailey Nelson
    Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

  68. #5268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chinpokomon View Post
    iQOS store is now open. (they sell electronic tobacco heating devices)

    DNA Tea is boarded up.
    DNA moved to a kiosk right next to the new eyewear place next to the ice palace

  69. #5269
    C2E Long Term Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    32,413

    Default

    Finally figured out where Atlas Steak + Fish is - upstairs from the casino. I figure many people would miss it since there's no signage in the main area.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

  70. #5270
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Where ever Visa is accepted
    Posts
    4,548

    Default

    Louis Vuitton is open on level 2 in front of Banana Republic in the old Koodo location. Took a pic, from behind.
    https://postimg.cc/t78NRMSF
    Last edited by Barry N; 04-12-2018 at 11:52 AM.
    Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

  71. #5271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry N View Post
    Louis Vuitton is open on level 2 in front of Banana Republic in the old Koodo location. Took a pic, from behind.
    https://postimg.cc/t78NRMSF
    Pop up until the end of December or something like that selling LV Fragrances per WEM FB.

  72. #5272

    Default

    Also noticed Hudson's Bay is selling some LV handbags now.
    www.decl.org

  73. #5273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post
    Also noticed Hudson's Bay is selling some LV handbags now.
    They are Vintage, Hudsons Bay as a deal with a Luxury reseller from the USA and have opened in select Hudson Bay stores. LXRandCo. They are still pricey, not much difference in price from a new one.

    I was at a winners store in West vancouer a couple weeks ago and they were selling a vintage aka used LV bag for $895


    pic by me

  74. #5274

    Default

    I’ve been at the mall a few times over the past few weeks. Busy as usual for Christmas. I didn’t see Dark Magnus, though .

    The “Men Are From Mars” pop up shops are in most of the malls now. I guess they just do Christmas and then get out.

    Louis Vitton has an odd shop in the middle of a hallway, with “walls” made of cologne bottles. A new dollar store has opened by Winners. Same kind of stuff as the other one.

    Looks like Banana Republic is closing- they’re advertising the Kingsway location now. The Royal Doultan has closed down, too. They were doing clearance last time, and is boarded up now.

    The Disney Store has to be the busiest place in the mall. That store’s come a long way since it was in a tiny cubby upstairs.

    The PetPlus looks like it has all-new staff. I don’t see the old crew.

    I wish the 8000 stores selling phone accessories didn’t all train their staff to pounce on you the second you show up. And that they carried velvet bags for phones- I don’t need their glass covers- just something to avoid pocket-scratches, lol.

    I didn’t notice anything else unusual. Maybe that hair/beauty place with the water pouring down the one wall closed? When did that happen?
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 21-12-2018 at 10:45 PM.

  75. #5275
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Where ever Visa is accepted
    Posts
    4,548

    Default

    Yup,walked past Banana Republic and they were getting ready to put up hoarding
    Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

  76. #5276

    Default

    Aurora Cannabis has signage up in the old pet store location next to Chapters/Indigo not sure what is happening. I didn't see any retail license applications with WEM as an address on the cities list prior to Oct 17, but I've seen job postings on Indeed for Aurora in WEM.

  77. #5277

    Default

    Huh- I knew Bombay was closing (leaving a MONSTER piece of mall real estate empty), but West49’s outlet has now closed. So did the rug place. I wasn’t expecting that. This corner now looks like a total dead zone.

    At least Cacao 70 has finally opened, after what seemed like a year-long wait.
    Last edited by Jabroniville; 05-01-2019 at 06:47 PM.

  78. #5278
    C2E Long Term Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    32,413

    Default

    I suspect WEM is expecting a major retailer to fill in the West49 space.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

  79. #5279

    Default

    I’ve long thought that WEM could use a residential tower development on the NE and NS corners of their property. The parking there rarely gets used so why not put in a tower or two.

  80. #5280

    Default

    Where is the NS corner?

  81. #5281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Where is the NS corner?
    Must be in KC's alternate dimension

  82. #5282

    Default

    Guessing a typo, and he meant NW, as the S and W key are close by.

    and I've also long thought WEM could have a few towers on its property. 2 Residential, 1 Office/Professional services, maybe another hotel. They could be built over the parking lot

  83. #5283
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Westmount
    Posts
    3,603

    Default

    ^WEM itself has had those plans, at least at one point (see this 2002 article):

    City of Edmonton, Alberta, officials have given the already massive West Edmonton Mall permission to proceed with expansion plans.On Tuesday the Edmonton City Council agreed to rezone the mall from "shopping center" to "site-specific development control" status. The approval means freedom to pursue plans that will not only expand the center, but also make it a mixed-use project with retail, office and residential components.

    West Edmonton Mall is already a 5.3 million-square-foot project, and the expansion will add 322,920 square feet of retail space; an 8,000-seat facility for sports, trade shows and conventions; a 12-story office building; and a 600-unit apartment building. Parking will also be added.

    "There is a growing international trend towards creating lifestyle centers," said the mall's general manager and CFO, Gary Hanson, in a written statement. "The approval allows us to proceed with our vision that will complement our existing features and make our facility even healthier."

    The additions will probably be completed in 10 years, Sheri Clegg, a spokeswoman for West Edmonton Mall, told SCT Newswire.
    I feel like I haven't heard any updates on that in a billion years, though.
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

  84. #5284

    Default

    Triple5 or whatever they call themselves now are much too busy with other projects to busy themselves with adding to WEM now.

  85. #5285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Where is the NS corner?
    Yup my error

    Meant: Could WEM’s NE and SE corners maybe be developed for residential use? (Is recalled approval for something that I thought was like another hotel but didn’t realize that they’d already considered residential.)

    (The west side has parkades in place so I doubt they’d consider ripping those down. However that bridge had to come down so maybe there will lifespan issues arising that will create opportunities.)
    Last edited by KC; 07-01-2019 at 09:58 AM.

  86. #5286

    Default

    Well, since it worked so well downtown, why doesn't the city subsidize the towers and put in a CRL in the area to pay for them?What's good for a hockey team should at least be as good as the #1 attraction in the city.

  87. #5287
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Where ever Visa is accepted
    Posts
    4,548

    Default

    Some more closings...

    All the kiosks that were on the lower level phase 4 in front of Indigo are gone. What happened ? As well it looks like Sweet Jesus beside Timmies is gone or almost close to going. The location in Southgate has a sign saying" closed for maintenance" and I have walked past several times at W E M and no one is there.
    Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

  88. #5288
    C2E Long Term Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    32,413

    Default

    ^ You mean Fourpost is gone?
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

  89. #5289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    ^ You mean Fourpost is gone?
    Its not gone they are moving it somewhere near the oil field statue is what i heard

  90. #5290
    C2E Long Term Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    32,413

    Default

    If you are referring to the "Running In" statues near the Phase I food court then I fail to see how Fourpost will fit in there. That is, unless they get rid the other kiosks.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

  91. #5291

    Default

    I think they close the local shop kiosk section every year after Christmas now.

    I noticed Sweet Jesus being closed, too. It’s SUPER expensive for what’s basically an elaborate regular sundae, and has the worst location ever (you can’t eat that standing up, and there’s no seating), so not surprising. It’s hilarious given how long it took to open that location, though. I remember talking about it in here for like a year before they finally opened it, lol.

  92. #5292

    Default

    ^ Sweet Jesus website says both Edmonton locations are "temporarily closed" as is the location in Ottawa as well.

  93. #5293
    Plug C2E into my veins!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Westwood
    Posts
    16,540

    Default

    Not that i know for sure or anything, but sounds like bigger corporate issues going on there to me.

  94. #5294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    If you are referring to the "Running In" statues near the Phase I food court then I fail to see how Fourpost will fit in there. That is, unless they get rid the other kiosks.
    i believe there was some mention of taking international clothers space but thats just a rumor at this time

  95. #5295
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Where ever Visa is accepted
    Posts
    4,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroniville View Post
    I think they close the local shop kiosk section every year after Christmas now.

    I noticed Sweet Jesus being closed, too. It’s SUPER expensive for what’s basically an elaborate regular sundae, and has the worst location ever (you can’t eat that standing up, and there’s no seating), so not surprising. It’s hilarious given how long it took to open that location, though. I remember talking about it in here for like a year before they finally opened it, lol.
    Whenever I see a sign that says "closed for maintenance" my 20 years experience in retail tells me that maintenance is not the reason for a closure. Maybe I 'll be proven wrong
    Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

  96. #5296
    C2E Stole my Heart!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Edmonton area.
    Posts
    8,167

    Default

    Maybe they’re changing the name and the prices so they can sell some ice cream.

  97. #5297
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Where ever Visa is accepted
    Posts
    4,548

    Default

    The hoarding around the old Banana Republic location is wrapped with signage saying that Louis Vuitton is opening in Summer 2019
    Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

  98. #5298
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Windermere
    Posts
    2,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry N View Post
    The hoarding around the old Banana Republic location is wrapped with signage saying that Louis Vuitton is opening in Summer 2019
    Another win for WEM.

  99. #5299

    Default

    Louis Vuitton to Open Large Standalone Store at West Edmonton Mall

    https://www.retail-insider.com/retai...-edmonton-mall

  100. #5300

    Default

    Man, soooooooooooo much of the mall is boarded up right now. February is always so depressing in malls, lol. Two giant blocked areas in the main upper hallway, the entire wing by Sears is closed (both floors, plus 2 stores on the lower floor), the old pet store hasn't reopened as a pot shop yet, and the whole "Local Stores" area is empty again. Still nothing over by that frozen yogurt/crackling ice cream spot. I still remember when there was a sit-down Edo over there- that's where I first tried their stuff (I used to eat in the foodcourt location all the time when I worked at Zellers).

    Weird question: Anyone have pictures of the upper area of that wing, before the Coin & Stamp moved? I remember there being a little alcove where there was a rug store or something, but I can't quite remember what it looked like?

Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253545556 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •