Remember Me?
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Business & Economy Here’s where you can read about business and the economy in the Edmonton region - announcements and results, emerging technologies, relocations, mergers, acquisitions, as well as Edmonton’s national and international profile. Comment, inform, discuss all of these topics.

Go Back   Connect2Edmonton > Growing Edmonton > Business & Economy

Old 26-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
juw544
First One is Always Free

Default David Bridal is here!

I can't believe no one is mentioning this here! Perhaps only married guys here and nobody cares about a new bridal shop! I can't wait to go shopping for my wedding dress! Yaahooo!

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...485/story.html
juw544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
edmonton daily photo
Addicted to C2E

Cool!
Old 26-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
Gord Lacey
Addicted to C2E

I have a pretty high opinion of David's Bridal after visiting them in Las Vegas.

My wife had a seamstress in Edmonton make an outfit for her, but it was total crap, and couldn't be worn. Of course we only got it days before leaving our wedding in Las Vegas (got it the Wednesday, left for Vegas on the Friday). We checked their website on the Wednesday night, called a store in Vegas and booked a fitting for the Friday after we arrived. They had the dress my wife wanted originally, and after an hour in the store she bought it. They had to alter the jacket a little bit, and one of the girls at the store dropped it off at our hotel on her way home. Awesome service and good prices - I recommend them all the time, so it's nice having one in the city.
Gord Lacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #4
Alex.L
Addicted to C2E

my fiancée is on her way there as we speak
Alex.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
brett-
Partially Addicted to C2E

Too bad its in South Edmonton Common....I imagine something like this would do decent Downtown, seeing as it is a destination store in itself, a more central area would be closer to all parts of the city..seems like a missed opportunity
Oh yeah.. and I happen to know one of the women managing that store particularly, and she is a terrible human being. Not a bad statement about the store, just that certain someone
Old 26-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #6
Sonic Death Monkey
Addicted to C2E

All of their locations are in the suburbs and big box hellholes
http://www.davidsbridal.ca/webapp/wc...atalogId=10053
Old 27-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
North Guy66
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett- View Post
Too bad its in South Edmonton Common....I imagine something like this would do decent Downtown, seeing as it is a destination store in itself, a more central area would be closer to all parts of the city..seems like a missed opportunity
But the whole idea is you only get married once. At least its supposed to work that way.
North Guy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #8
brett-

^still, north side brides to be are probably much less likely to make the trek to SEC than they would if the same store was Downtown, I would imagine anyways
Old 27-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
Alex.L
Addicted to C2E

Brides will travel for a dress. Especially when they can just hop on the Henday and be there in 30 min or less.
Alex.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #10
brett-

I was just stating that its a missed opportunity in my eyes. Especially when downtown is equally distant from each corner of the city., I wasn't arguing the SEC location wouldn't do well or draw in customers
Old 28-04-2012, 12:03 AM   #11
howie
Addicted to C2E

Big outfits like David's Bridal do their research pretty carefully on a number of criteria before they decide where to set up shop. I'm not going to hazard a guess why they preferred SEC over downtown. But it's early days yet and a downtown store could appear at some time in the future, I suppose.