Remember Me?
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Real-Estate & Development This forum looks at specific real estate projects and developments - past, present, and future - in the Edmonton area. Here’s where to look for updates on developments, read about new projects, suggest improvements to buildings or other projects.

Go Back   Connect2Edmonton > Growing Edmonton > Real-Estate & Development

Old 15-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #1501
Sonic Death Monkey
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoForMayor View Post
Rumour has it the Bothy is opening up a second location in the old Common space on 124th
Hello and welcome to yesterday!
See post #1488
Old 15-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #1502
Sonic Death Monkey
Addicted to C2E

Kerstin's Chocolates is closing down.
http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...te-chronicles/

I could never find that place anyway! It was hidden away somewhere on 112 St north of Jasper Ave.
Old 15-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #1503
brett-
Partially Addicted to C2E

Disappointing to hear about Kerstin's... although I think it would have done better in a more visible location, and I don't think many people even really knew about it.
Old 15-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #1504
GizmoForMayor
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoForMayor View Post
Rumour has it the Bothy is opening up a second location in the old Common space on 124th
Hello and welcome to yesterday!
See post #1488
Haha oops... I guess now you've heard it twice.
Old 15-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #1505
Sonic Death Monkey
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett- View Post
Disappointing to hear about Kerstin's... although I think it would have done better in a more visible location, and I don't think many people even really knew about it.
The blog/article says she's moving back to Germany. Didn't sound like her business was hurting.
Old 15-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #1506
GreenSPACE
Addicted to C2E

^Yes, she's on a 'sabbatical' right now. The people running the place can't be there past April 15th, so she decided to close. I'm sure when she's back in Edmonton she'll open something new.
Old 15-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #1507
brett-

Ahh my mistake, not as bad news as I was expecting
Old 17-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #1508
KenL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
Well, this is from Kelly's FB page:
Quote:
NEW LOCATION CONFIRMED 100%!!
10158 104 Street!!
Exciting Stuff! More Info To Come So Check Back!

I'm not sure which bay that corresponds to.

Thanks SDM and IanO and James for the address, however my liver may not thank you !!!

Time to learn self control dammit

possum
Old 17-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #1509
EveB
Addicted to C2E

Location: Grandin 2014--, Garneau 2012-2014, North Downtown 2006-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
Well, this is from Kelly's FB page:
Quote:
NEW LOCATION CONFIRMED 100%!!
10158 104 Street!!
Exciting Stuff! More Info To Come So Check Back!

I'm not sure which bay that corresponds to.

Thanks SDM and IanO and James for the address, however my liver may not thank you !!!

Time to learn self control dammit

possum
I decided to pick this time to cut off my supply of beer. Just when all these lovely places are starting up. Yeah, I can go and order a coke with my dinner. But I love beer and think it is the very best bevvy to wash down pub food. I love pub food!

But I check my waistline (there's a reason they refer to beer bellies ) and my budget (beer even at the level I drink -- two pints per meal) is expensive. And one pint per meal is impossible. Like eating just one piece of popcorn out of a bowl.

Oh well, maybe after my move and after I recoup my moving expenses, I might reconsider. No point moving to a place that is within easy staggering distance of so many places if I don't partake. Now is there?

Eve
EveB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #1510
eraserhead
First One is Always Free

crepe symphony cafe (on rice howard way, next to tres carnales) looked open tonight; didn't go inside but it looks like another business on RHW is up and running.
eraserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #1511
Edmcowboy11
Addicted to C2E

That's good to hear. I will have to pass by there tomorrow and have a quick look. I think the retail in the area really has a chance to start to work if things just keep progressing. Now if we can just start seeing some activity at the cornerstone building of RHW, the Kelly Ramsey, then I think this area can really coming back to life.
Old 19-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #1512
Sonic Death Monkey
Addicted to C2E

Hopefully that roof construction on the Telus Toll building will finish sometime this decade so that some scaffolding can be removed from RHW.
Old 19-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #1513
Alex.L
Addicted to C2E

there is definitely a whole new section up there that is just starting up.
Old 19-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #1514
Edmcowboy11
Addicted to C2E

I noticed that too the other day. I too hope that they can complete the construction so they can open things up again.
Old 22-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #1515
booster
Addicted to C2E

The Instaloans beside the Hat is now closed with a sign directing people to their 105th Street location. Hmmm, possibilities are numerous into what could go into that space.
Old 22-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #1516
Sonic Death Monkey
Addicted to C2E

Old 23-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #1517
GizmoForMayor
Addicted to C2E

Craft beer place under construction under the Treasury:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...r.html?cmp=rss

Sounds interesting, but I'm not keen on lining up at the same entrance as all the douche-bags going into the Treasury.
Old 23-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #1518
Edmcowboy11
Addicted to C2E

And unfortunately that might be the one disadvantage of that space. Too bad they wouldn't be able to have a seperate entrance location. This could also be good for the hotels nearby, more ammenities to offer to the people that stay at the hotels.

Now we need to see some more retail move onto Jasper ave.
Old 23-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #1519
Alex.L
Addicted to C2E

Too bad they couldn't put it in the Churchill's space.

I'll definitely be a customer at this place though.
Old 23-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #1520
Edmcowboy11
Addicted to C2E

Actually that would have been a whole lot better.
Old 23-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #1521
Sonic Death Monkey
Addicted to C2E

Instead of underground, I would have preferred something more street level...say, the old Japanese Village space.
Old 23-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #1522
ajs
Addicted to C2E

Any rumours about what IS happening at Churchills? This morning I spotted a couple of young, well-dressed folk coming out of the space minus hardhats and safety footwear. That's the first time I've see civilians in the area since construction started in earnest.
ajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #1523
frostiblack

No plans for Churchill's yet... the space was taken off the market for a while, but the party that financed it is looking to put it back on the market this spring! I have confidence that there will be some movement.

The renovation to the roof, though, is essentially done and that space will be opened up again to NCL residents.
frostiblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #1524
ajs
Addicted to C2E

And since "cash mobs" are a popular topic of discussion around here these days how about a "sweep mob" who shows up outside The Treasury to clean their sidewalks in an attempt to shame them into buying a push broom.
Old 23-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #1525
ajs
Addicted to C2E

^^thanks Fblack.
Old 23-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #1526
Alex.L
Addicted to C2E

Saw about 15 people with clipboards and hardhats checking out the retail kiosk space in Central Station yesterday too. Not sure what they were up to.
Old 23-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #1527
Sonic Death Monkey
Addicted to C2E

City Centre Mall news...Telus is opening in the old Hakim Optical space (lower level east). I wonder if they're closing the kiosk in the pedway near Timmys?
Old 23-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #1528
Sonic Death Monkey
Addicted to C2E

^

Old 23-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #1529
Back in Town
First One is Always Free

Hello Everyone,

Just back from trips to Calgary and Winnipeg. Second time I have been to Winnipeg this month. They don't have as much economic vitality as Edmonton, but there downtown as alot of nice features: not everything is a square block, beautiful buildings, and their main blvd is quite attractive. They even have a few choice skyscrapers. All this, plus a new museum (human rights), MTS hockey center, new football field, beautiful baseball diamond, and a really nice airport (an upgrade from Edmonton's), and Winnipeg seems to be doing great.
Back in Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #1530
NielCole
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
^

So before Christmas they shifted two cellphone kiosks from the mall space in front of the former Hakim Optical store over to ECC West. And now ECC is going to either shift the Telus kiosk to take up retail space in an actual store. Or just duplicate the kiosk in the pedway next to Timmies with another store just roughly two levels down.

So whats next? Perhaps filling the former GAP store with another Starbucks? That would almost be as logical .

ECC needs more than just enlarged phone kiosks morphing into store fronts to fill the vacancies.

But they did the same with Wind. It went from a kiosk to an actual store that always seems far too dead, the former Wind kiosk would have sufficed just fine.

Obviously the Oxford leasing department is not getting any substantial tenant inquiries to fill the "obvious" vacancies so they will accept. Wind, Telus, Virgin, Bell, Rogers etc to fill the dark empty stores.

They might as well rename it Edmonton Cell Centre (ECC) They at least can keep the initials the same.
NielCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #1531
Edmcowboy11
Addicted to C2E

Well from a comment told to me by one of the tennants the mall has been trying to move their focus to something more like southgate in style of stores.
Old 23-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #1532
NielCole
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmcowboy11 View Post
Well from a comment told to me by one of the tennants the mall has been trying to move their focus to something more like southgate in style of stores.
Since Southgate basically have almost all their cell retailers in kiosks (there are a couple of major exceptions "ie Apple") ECC is not accurately following the way Southgate is filling the spaces with popular fashion, jewellry, homestore like tenants and leaving the phones in kiosks.

To me anyways, but that is just my opinion.
Old 23-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #1533
Sonic Death Monkey
Addicted to C2E

Don't panic...maybe Telus sees the value of a full service store in the mall. God knows that kiosk in the pedway is always busy, and any time I needed some servicing with my phone they always sent me to their 118 Ave/149 St location.
Old 23-03-2012, 11:45 PM   #1534
NielCole
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Don't panic...maybe Telus sees the value of a full service store in the mall. God knows that kiosk in the pedway is always busy, and any time I needed some servicing with my phone they always sent me to their 118 Ave/149 St location.

I will agree with you on the point that yes the Telus kiosk is busy. So in a certain way a larger store to replace the kiosk would work. It just seems to me that ECC is constantly losing other "various types" of businesses then replacing them more with service retailers. (ie phones, dental clinics, opticians (though Hakim that did not last all that long)

Yes I do realize that phone kiosks/stores do have a strong customer base and are very successful but when they keep increasing the amount of space within the complex to those types of tenants it diminishes the attractions to other customers not presently requiring a new cell or the needs to service it.

When Telus moves into the space in ECC east it will be bigger than the kiosk but "if" they close the present location it really will not diminish the wait time all that much anyways.

The fact that they have not filled GAP's former space (except for that one day Free Store) tells me they are either asking too much, or not trying hard enough to find a desirable tenant on the upper floor that has large steady crowds that pass by during the lunch hour and afterwork rushes between EEC, Manulife, HSBC and Commerce Place.

It totally strikes me as a missing front tooth in someones smile. In my opinion it comes down to the management of ECC does not seem to be working hard enough to fill that space with something desirable or unique to either downtown or the entire Edmonton market.

It looks like they are just managing to shuffle some existing tenants to other larger spaces and perhaps even striking them "A Deal" in lease rates to fill some larger spaced gaps.....pun intended.
Old 24-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #1535
GreenSPACE
Addicted to C2E

Telus is loosing their main floor store in the Telus Building when ATB moves in. This is their new main location.
Old 24-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #1536
Edmcowboy11
Addicted to C2E

I'm referring to that ECC wants to have the mall as mainly a fashion mall.
Old 24-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #1537
brett-

^I have heard similar from a source at oxford
Old 24-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #1538
Sonic Death Monkey
Addicted to C2E

Hey brett, I noticed your place is closed now. What are your plans now?
Old 24-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #1539
brett-

We sell our products out of a few other stores like Ascendant Books , the River Cree gift shop , some City of Edmonton shops in Ft. Edmonton Park and the RAM.. as well as our online store.
Unfortunately we had to shut down because of staffing issues, it wasn't due to a lack of sales. We were only originally planning to be open November and December so we hadn't planned staffing longer term than that haha.
Old 24-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #1540
Edmcowboy11
Addicted to C2E

^What products are those?
Old 24-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #1541
NielCole
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
^What products are those?
Seriously I have tried some of their products and they are some of the best soap and skin products I have ever used. I'm now a loyal customer it is also great to support such a fantastic local business who definitely knows how to produce great products.

Honestly wherever they are sold they are worth the slight hunt to aquire use them. Enabling them to expand to being even a greater local business.
Old 25-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #1542
IanO
Addicted to C2E

Common a coming, can't wait.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/life/...804/story.html

'Don't just slap a picture in & call it content. That's like slapping a big wing on a Honda and calling it a race car.' - noodle

www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton
IanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #1543
brett-

Just went for a walk, the new bar in the Jaffer building on 104th is open, it was pretty busy in there with a 'now open' sign in the window... looks like a pretty cool space, cant wait to get there for a few drinks . Anyone know what it is called? No sign up yet.
Old 26-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #1544
IanO
Addicted to C2E

Awesome. Will stopping by this week.

'Don't just slap a picture in & call it content. That's like slapping a big wing on a Honda and calling it a race car.' - noodle

www.decl.org

Old 27-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #1545
Edmcowboy11
Addicted to C2E

Hey that's great to hear. So I wonder, are they now going to start working on the convenience store? I would really like to see that space completed to help further add more life to that corner.
Old 27-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #1546
IanO
Addicted to C2E

^I would guess that we see action in there very quickly.

www.decl.org

Old 27-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #1547
brett-

I was at the 711 on 109st and they had signs posted hiring for a "new location opening soon"...
Old 27-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #1548
bobinedmonton
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
I was at the 711 on 109st and they had signs posted hiring for a "new location opening soon"...
Dear God, I hope they don't cover their windows with fruit decals.
Old 27-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #1549
Sonic Death Monkey
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Just went for a walk, the new bar in the Jaffer building on 104th is open, it was pretty busy in there with a 'now open' sign in the window... looks like a pretty cool space, cant wait to get there for a few drinks . Anyone know what it is called? No sign up yet.
"Cask and Barrel" according to Jaffer website

http://www.jafferinc.com/
Old 29-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #1550
IanO
Addicted to C2E

Cask and barrel:

Hit it up last night. Great size, nice mix of seats, good prices, nice menu, great owners.

www.decl.org

Old 29-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #1551
micmac

^ 104 and Jasper is open already? or is this a different location?
micmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #1552
Edmcowboy11
Addicted to C2E

All they need now is some signage to show that they are there. I walked past the location the other night and when I got right up to the business I could see all kinds of activity inside but when looking from Jasper ave you'd never know anything is there.
Old 29-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #1553
Blueline
Addicted to C2E

Hey Ian, Any word on when are the 25 foot tall elms going in on the west side of 104 th ?
Old 29-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #1554
Edmontonfan
Addicted to C2E

Anything further on "Mercer Tavern" The sign says opening this spring.
Old 29-03-2012, 03:19 PM   #1555
Alex.L
Addicted to C2E

Old 29-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #1556
JamesL
Addicted to C2E

Do they serve any interesting microbrews? So tired of Big Rock...
JamesL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #1557
Marcel Petrin
Addicted to C2E

Their bottled beer selection was pretty good that I saw. They didn't have the 606 IPA that I asked for, so I settled for a Fort Garry Dark Ale instead. First drink was free too! They also had Yellowhead on tap.

Panini was good. Beef vegetable soup was pretty bad, to be honest, bland and tasteless. I liked the room, Edmonton needs a lot more of these small, unique pubs/bars. Most of the ceiling is still to be completed, but overall I liked the decor.

Once they get everything sorted I'm sure it'll be a hit. Looks like they'll also have a sidewalk patio, or at least I'm basing that assumption on a double door that can open on to the sidewalk. From 5:30-7pm last night the place appeared to be half full or more. Not bad for a soft opening.

Last edited by Marcel Petrin; 29-03-2012 at 03:40 PM..
Marcel Petrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #1558
brett-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontonfan View Post
construction seems to be moving along nicely. They have workers in there prettymuch daily.
Old 29-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #1559
IanO
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontonfan View Post
construction seems to be moving along nicely. They have workers in there prettymuch daily.
May long target

www.decl.org

Old 30-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #1560
nobleea
Addicted to C2E

Blo blow dry bar opening soon downtown in the Saveon complex. It's a popular chain/franchise out of Vancouver.

http://blomedry.com/locations/blo-edmonton
nobleea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #1561
GreenSPACE
Addicted to C2E

^interesting
Old 30-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #1562
Sonic Death Monkey
Addicted to C2E

^^ I think there's already a similar place next to the Starbucks
Old 30-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #1563
etownboarder
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobleea View Post
Blo blow dry bar opening soon downtown in the Saveon complex. It's a popular chain/franchise out of Vancouver.

http://blomedry.com/locations/blo-edmonton
Hmmm, they could hire a decent designer for their website to start...
etownboarder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #1564
jagators63
Addicted to C2E

I would be surprised if apple is opening up at ECC.
Old 31-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #1565
brett-

The Starbucks in the Quest has officially shut down . Papered up windows and a sign on the door saying it is now closed directing people to other locations.
Old 31-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #1566
JamesL
Addicted to C2E

Maybe Regency should think about un-tinting those windows...
JamesL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #1567
NielCole
Addicted to C2E

Thats odd! the place was always packed. But i did notice that depending on the day the vast majority of customers seemed to be MacEwan students hooked up to their laptops almost using it as a "study hall"
Old 31-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #1568
danby

Quote:
The Starbucks in the Quest has officially shut down . Papered up windows and a sign on the door saying it is now closed directing people to other locations.
Crazy!! I have never seen a Starbucks close down in the city!
danby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #1569
GreenSPACE
Addicted to C2E

^WHAT! Blame BK for the tinted windows! And blame our lack of contiguous urban fabric, lack of density, and pedestrian connections for them shutting down. Maybe we'll get something better though!
Old 31-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #1570
etownboarder
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagators63 View Post
I would be surprised if apple is opening up at ECC.
Well that's good... You won't be disappointed at least cause Apple will not be opening up a store at Edmonton City Centre. It WON'T happen... Ever! Moving on...
etownboarder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #1571
GizmoForMayor
Addicted to C2E

Stopped by Cask & Barrel last night. What a great space!!!
Old 31-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #1572
Bailey
First One is Always Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post
^WHAT! Blame BK for the tinted windows! And blame our lack of contiguous urban fabric, lack of density, and pedestrian connections for them shutting down. Maybe we'll get something better though!
So True, but who needs density now that we have the Henday......sprawl to leduc and nisku now. !!
Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #1573
MJ
Addicted to C2E

I was at The Common Friday night (9910-109 street); what a incredible change from what was there before. Nicely decorated and some really neat light fixtures. There are some unique beers on tap including Sapporo, Blanche de Chambly and another Unibroue flavour (Maudite?, I forget). It was a nice place for after-work beers Friday and by the time the DJ started up around 9 or 10, the place was packed.

The menu has been revamped and they will start opening for lunch on Tuesday. They are closed Sundays and Mondays for now.
MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #1574
IanO
Addicted to C2E

^so I hear. I know where I am going later this week. Great new addition.

www.decl.org

Old 02-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #1575
IanO
Addicted to C2E

We need more of these articles/stories

People told him downtown was dead by mid-afternoon. He smiled, nodded. He keeps the place open until midnight; there’s a help-wanted sign in the window, for day and night shifts.

Given time, Zee could list 10,694 reasons why he loves Edmonton.

“This is the best city to raise your kids,” says the man who has lived all over the world. “This is a beautiful life here.”

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Cafe+...172/story.html

www.decl.org

Old 02-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #1576
NielCole
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanO View Post
We need more of these articles/stories

People told him downtown was dead by mid-afternoon. He smiled, nodded. He keeps the place open until midnight; there’s a help-wanted sign in the window, for day and night shifts.

Given time, Zee could list 10,694 reasons why he loves Edmonton.

“This is the best city to raise your kids,” says the man who has lived all over the world. “This is a beautiful life here.”

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Cafe+...172/story.html
I read the same article and one thing came across to me. His get up and go and hardworiking desire and attitude made me realize it that in many ways its is newcomers to Edmonton that seem to be more willing to take that chance and make things change for the better.

While for some reason many longtime residents/business owners (frequently not all the time) seem to be afraid to take that chance or are just happy it seems with "the way things are"
Old 02-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #1577
GreenSPACE
Addicted to C2E

Great article.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #1578
GreenSPACE
Addicted to C2E

Jaffer Building:
Job No 122257263-001: To change the use from a Specialty Food Service to a Convenience Retail Store (7-11)
10355 - JASPER AVENUE NW
Plan 5727HW Blk 3 Lot 74A
7-11 CANADA

Starbucks Quest:
Job No 122338157-001: To change the use from General Retail to a Specialty Food Services (684 sqft of Public Space in CRU #6 (Suite 10382))
10382 - 105 STREET NW
Condo Common Area (Plan 1025042)
LAN'S ASIAN GRILL LTD

Manhattan Building:
Job No 122209592-001: To operate a Health Services use within an existing Professional Financial office Support Services Building; and to construct interior and exterior alterations (New front and rear entry)
10345 - 105 STREET NW
Plan NB1 Blk 4 Lots 158-159
WOLSKI DESIGN GROUP LTD.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #1579
Alex.L
Addicted to C2E

Lan's is pretty good. Nice to see them growing past their 118th ave location.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #1580
Sonic Death Monkey
Addicted to C2E

Are they moving from 118 Ave, or opening a 2nd location?
Old 04-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #1581
GreenSPACE
Addicted to C2E

Not sure.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #1582
Edmcowboy11
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Starbucks Quest:
Job No 122338157-001: To change the use from General Retail to a Specialty Food Services (684 sqft of Public Space in CRU #6 (Suite 10382))
10382 - 105 STREET NW
LAN'S ASIAN GRILL LTD
So is Lan's going into the Starbucks location or the other empty bay.

Quote:
Manhattan Building:
Job No 122209592-001: To operate a Health Services use within an existing Professional Financial office Support Services Building; and to construct interior and exterior alterations (New front and rear entry)
10345 - 105 STREET NW
WOLSKI DESIGN GROUP LTD.
Will this be into the bay fronting the street or upstairs?
Old 04-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #1583
bolo
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Quote:
Starbucks Quest:
10382 - 105 STREET NW
LAN'S ASIAN GRILL LTD
So is Lan's going into the Starbucks location or the other empty bay.

Quote:
Manhattan Building:
10345 - 105 STREET NW
WOLSKI DESIGN GROUP LTD.
Will this be into the bay fronting the street or upstairs?
Lan's into the old Starbucks location.

Probably front bay. The top floor was completely leased by Urban Systems a while ago.
bolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #1584
Edmcowboy11
Addicted to C2E

Well if it's the front bay I hope that the windows are not covered up. I wonder what kind of Health Services will be moving into the building.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #1585
Sonic Death Monkey
Addicted to C2E

Speaking of window coverings...another offender is that health supplement shop in the old Second Cup space (2 doors from Suede).
They have covered theirs with lifestyle posters and the doors have tinted glass. I keep thinking it's a private fitness club or something, therefore I never go in.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #1586
IanO
Addicted to C2E

Greeny - vinyl walk is this weekend.

www.decl.org

Old 05-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #1587
jdk13

at the manhattan building the dentist who owns the building is taking the entire main floor save for 750 square feet. the rear will be the dental clinic, and the front a training centre. this likely means the windows will be blocked out. from what i was told, the landlord is looking for a similar use for the corner space
jdk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #1588
Sonic Death Monkey
Addicted to C2E

manhattan building?
Old 05-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #1589
IanO
Addicted to C2E

^105st just north of the legacy.

I miss 'Bronze' nightclub

www.decl.org

Old 07-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #1590
ChrisD
Addicted to C2E

Urban Systems and GEC Architecture are tenants in this building.
ChrisD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #1591
IanO
Addicted to C2E

Apparently 'Sanku 2' on Jasper/103st will become 'Phat Noodle'

www.decl.org

Old 09-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #1592
Sonic Death Monkey
Addicted to C2E

Falafel 101 is opening on 101 St beside Swedish Jewelers. Temporary signage on the building looks like it was written by a kindergarten child.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #1593
bolo
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
Apparently 'Sanku 2' on Jasper/103st will become 'Phat Noodle'
Literally jumped pho joy when I saw that sign.
bolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #1594
IanO
Addicted to C2E

^LOL

We really do need 1 or 2 good places pho pho downtown

www.decl.org

Old 10-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #1595
IanO
Addicted to C2E

Citadel eatery to have yet another go...

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/life/...005/story.html

www.decl.org

Old 10-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #1596
EveB
Addicted to C2E

Location: Grandin 2014--, Garneau 2012-2014, North Downtown 2006-2012

Quote:
Citadel eatery to have yet another go...

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/life/...005/story.html
Hope they improve the service. I went there twice. Both times they took one look at my dining-alone, non-young, non-trendy self and put me in the worst table, served me reluctantly and the food was cold.

I still tipped reasonably because that is my policy, but I didn't go back.

Eve
EveB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #1597
IanO
Addicted to C2E

^Simply put, it is invisible. They need to do a small addition to the west and a much nicer/semi covered patio.

www.decl.org

Old 10-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #1598
Blueline
Addicted to C2E

It's more than mystifying how an eatery with a built in client base from the Winnie + Cit cannot make a go of it
Too small
poor kitchen
bar on the far side of the resty
??????????????????????????????
I cannot figure it out ..........
Old 15-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #1599
eraserhead
First One is Always Free

The retail spot in the Central LRT pedway (next to old Churchills and entrance to Cambridge Lofts) is looking like it will open very soon; it appears to have lots of post office boxes inside and will also apprently be offering coffee. Their website is: http://www.orbitslrt.ca/ but it appears to be under construction as well.
eraserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #1600
EdmTrekker
Addicted to C2E

Quote:
^Simply put, it is invisible. They need to do a small addition to the west and a much nicer/semi covered patio.
No the NW corner - would be better...even if it costs a few bucks. They can spill into the garden area a bit.
EdmTrekker is offline   Reply With Quote