PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Boden promoting Vancouver Island

Sonic Death Monkey
03-10-2008, 06:15 AM
Why the hell is Michelle Boden (former A-Channel News anchor, now host of Inside Story on 630 CHED) pitching Vancouver Island tourism on our TV stations?

My first thought is major annoyance towards a local media celeb promoting another part of Canada.

My second thought is it's an idea Edmonton should aggressively pursue in other cities.

Barry N
03-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Good question. That's the first thing that went thru my mind. She probably passed the audition.

IKAN104
03-10-2008, 09:30 AM
Are you sure it's her?. I was never sure because she looks a lot like Michelle Boden but then I thought since it's a Vancouver Island ad it must be some other girl who just looks like her. But she is cute, whoever she is.

Barry N
03-10-2008, 10:29 AM
It's Michelle

Brentk
03-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Why wouldn't she? She probably got laid off, and is now a freelancer. Good for her, Vancouver Island is promoting itself here in Alberta. Shows they know Alberta has money to spend there.

You guys are so sensitive.

Scott McKeen
03-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Yes, I suspect Michelle is doing a freelance gig. It's not easy making ends meet in private radio, unless you are the star of a morning show, or sports broadcast legend. I've met Michelle and she's a terrific person. Don't be too hard on her for taking a paying gig. I'm sure she'd be happier still if she were doing it for Edmonton.

Medwards
03-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Why wouldn't she? She probably got laid off, and is now a freelancer. Good for her, Vancouver Island is promoting itself here in Alberta. Shows they know Alberta has money to spend there.

You guys are so sensitive.

Bingo...

RichardS
03-10-2008, 12:38 PM
No kidding. It is a spot. Simple as that. Get over it.

Sonic Death Monkey
03-10-2008, 03:48 PM
She still has her own show on CHED (as mentioned in the first post) so she's not laid off, Brent.

And imagine the outcry on this board and everywhere else if Carrie Doll was doing TV ads promoting Calgary tourism.