PDA

View Full Version : Accomodations in Edmonton

layoira
14-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Hi,

Im looking for really cheap accomodations for a couple of nights in Edmonton around July 20-23rd. Just myself and my boyfriend. Doesnt need to be fancy at all, just somewhere to sleep during our stopover in Edmonton.

Anyone have any recommendations for cheap motels/bed and breakfasts/vacation homes for rent daily, etc?

You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

SAL
15-06-2006, 01:27 AM
Hi,

Im looking for really cheap accomodations for a couple of nights in Edmonton around July 20-23rd. Just myself and my boyfriend. Doesnt need to be fancy at all, just somewhere to sleep during our stopover in Edmonton.

Anyone have any recommendations for cheap motels/bed and breakfasts/vacation homes for rent daily, etc?

You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Try the International Hostel at 10642 -81 Ave. It is central, clean and inexpensive.
www.hihostels.ca/alberta

DebraW
15-06-2006, 08:43 AM
Something to keep in mind if you visit around July 20-23 is that Capital EX runs from July 20-29.

Edmonton's newly renamed and renovated exhibition will feature new shows like Ed Fest, Global Connections and Northwest Originals. More new programs will continue to be announced, helping to ensure Capital EX continues to be one of Canada's largest exhibitions where more than 810,000 guests attend each July.

This is a great time to be in the city as there is Taste of Edmonton. Over a span of 10 days, samples of Edmonton's finest culinary dishes can be found at A Taste of Edmonton. With a diverse selection of over 40 restaurants to choose from, there is always something new to try. Each restaurant offers one savoury and one sweet dish from their menu. Taste of Edmonton runs July 20-29.

Situated in the heart of Edmonton's Downtown on Sir Winston Churchill Square, guests can enjoy their meals while experiencing a wide variety of entertainment showcased on three stages. With two licensed areas, patrons are able to enjoy their meal with a variety of alcoholic beverages, including wine.

This event began in 1984 and has grown into western Canada's largest outdoor food experience. YUM!

Also, Grand Prix of Edmonton 2006 -- Bigger Than Ever! Grand Prix runs July 21-23.

In addition, Alberta Tattoo runs at the same time, Alberta's biggest musical theatre extravaganza.

Great time to be in Edmonton as so much is going on but keep in mind that there are more visitors in the city at this time as well so accommodations (especially reasonable ones) can be strained.

Hope you have a great visit!

8)

Sonic Death Monkey
15-06-2006, 12:37 PM
All hotels were booked up during the Grand Prix last year.