PDA

View Full Version : New Users, you must accept the verification email.

Admin
20-07-2017, 09:32 AM
All,

I've received a couple PM requests from potential new users who wish for me to bypass the email verification step.

This will not happen. You must verify your email address.

Thank you.

Gord Lacey
20-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Are you having a ton of fake registrations popping up lately? A forum I run had 20 spammers register in an hour, so I turned off new user registrations. So frustrating.

Medwards
20-07-2017, 11:53 AM
are the trump bots now trying to infiltrate these forums too? I thought MrOilers and Half-Life were enough already.

H.L.
20-07-2017, 12:42 PM
We don't need anymore lefty always right types, above answering an email. So good!

Admin
24-07-2017, 10:19 PM
Are you having a ton of fake registrations popping up lately? A forum I run had 20 spammers register in an hour, so I turned off new user registrations. So frustrating.

Not a ton, but a few. Mainly Chinese and Indian IP's.

I have a multi step process for new users, and yes it is extremely frustrating, but it is better than the spam hell of a couple of years ago.

Gord Lacey
25-07-2017, 05:54 PM
I hear ya. I check all the IP addresses of the people registering on my forum to see if it matches where they say they're from. If it's way off, I just delete or ban them, and if it's a little bit off I just put them into a moderated class so they can't just post whatever to the forum.

champking
25-07-2017, 07:46 PM
are the trump bots now trying to infiltrate these forums too? I thought MrOilers and Half-Life were enough already.

Ya Trump's right in bed with the Indians and communist Chinese...can't call him racist ☺