PDA

View Full Version : Volleyball

rwnbear
07-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Where can we play it? The only places I know of were Kinsmen and Stadium, now that stadium is out of the question I can only play at Kinsmen..

It is kind of ridiculous how Calgary has two centres specific for Volleyball:
Volleydome
and Rallyepoint.

Edmonton really needs to catch up on this, I know about the GO-Centre but it is taking forever for them to begin construction.

Chmilz
07-01-2010, 07:59 PM
http://www.edmontonrecleague.com/

Edmonton is fine. The problem is you and your poor search skills. Click above, join a team, play away, stop the hatin' on Edmonton.

rwnbear
07-01-2010, 08:04 PM
im not asking for league play, just places TO play. problem for you is your attitude and lack of reading comprehension skills.

DanC
07-01-2010, 08:51 PM
im not asking for league play, just places TO play. problem for you is your attitude and lack of reading comprehension skills.

Sherwood park has drop in. There are some other drop ins around the city.

I believe Edmonton volleyball association is the largest rec volleyball league in Canada. Edmonton has a strong volleyball community, but the lack of a permanent location has always been an issue and continues to be so.

rwnbear
07-01-2010, 08:57 PM
DanC >

Yes it is true Edmonton has a very strong volleyball community, most of the players from here go on to play for many University/College teams around Canada. There used to be drop in Saturdays at Commonwealth but they are renovating until 2012.

Do you know any other places that do drop in as well? Sherwood park.. I assume you are referring to Millennium Place?

Myself and a couple of friends often play at Kinsmen but sometimes we are unable to book courts due to soccer clubs booking out the whole field house.

DanC
07-01-2010, 09:12 PM
DanC >

Yes it is true Edmonton has a very strong volleyball community, most of the players from here go on to play for many University/College teams around Canada. There used to be drop in Saturdays at Commonwealth but they are renovating until 2012.

Do you know any other places that do drop in as well? Sherwood park.. I assume you are referring to Millennium Place?

Myself and a couple of friends often play at Kinsmen but sometimes we are unable to book courts due to soccer clubs booking out the whole field house.
Nope, sorry don't know of any more. I gave up playing drop in a long time ago to find an actual team and play something a little more competitive.
You're right kinsmen gets booked by soccer and even baseball tryouts in the spring.

Titanium48
07-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Isn't volleyball played indoors and soccer and baseball played outdoors? Why should they be mutually exclusive?

rwnbear
07-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Indoor soccer, sorry.

DanC
07-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Isn't volleyball played indoors and soccer and baseball played outdoors? Why should they be mutually exclusive?
See that word "tryouts"? Yes, they use the field house because of how large it is for that in the spring.