View Full Version : New Lift going up at Marmot Basin

Turtle
04-06-2009, 01:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MLGwUd1f5o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSyNisy3fYI

Medwards
04-06-2009, 01:15 PM
LONGER - HIGHER - FASTER

MARMOT IS INSTALLING THE LONGEST HIGH SPEED QUAD CHAIR IN THE ALBERTA CANADIAN ROCKIES

Construction of Marmot Basin's new high speed quad chair is underway. The new chairlift, manufactured by Leitner Poma is 2.3 km long and is one of the longest chairs being built in North America for next winter. The chair will rise almost 2,000 vertical feet in just over 7 minutes and will be the longest high speed chair in the Alberta Canadian Rockies.

For a larger view of this map press Ctrl and the + sign at the same time

http://www.skimarmot.com/u/Editor/assets/MarmotSmallMap2.gif

COMING TO MARMOT BASIN:
THE LONGEST HIGH SPEED CHAIRLIFT IN THE ALBERTA ROCKIES!

Jasper, Alberta
–Following the recent and successful completion of Marmot Basin’s Vision Statement and Site Guideline agreements with Parks Canada, this world-class winter recreation area has met the necessary environmental and developmental criteria to build a new, state-of-the-art chairlift system. Construction on the new lift has begun and will continue in the Spring of 2009 to be ready for the 2009/10 ski and snowboard season.

The Leitner Poma system will be the longest high-speed quad detachable chairlift in the Alberta Canadian Rockies, with a measured slope length of approximately 2300m and a vertical rise of some 596 meters. Replacing the existing Tranquilizer Chair and Kiefer T-Bar, the bottom terminal will be at the base of the lower mountain adjacent to the existing Eagle Express quad chair terminal. The lift will whisk 2400 passengers per hour from the lower base area and unload them at the top terminal of the existing Kiefer T-Bar. The lift will have an 800 horse power, top-drive engine and will operate at a design speed of 5.08 meters per second (1000 ft/min). The chairlift ride will last an estimated 7.5 minutes.

Check out our live webcams at the link below for updates on construction progress
http://www.skimarmot.com/skicams.html

To view the photo of the day click on the link below
http://www.skimarmot.com/u/picture.phtml

http://www.skimarmot.com/u/news.phtml

Chmilz
04-06-2009, 04:03 PM
I've been following this for a while... this chair will make Marmot hands-down the best value in the Rockies on a lift/ride time ratio, especially since lines at Marmot aren't usually that long.

I heard they also have applications in and are negotiating with the park to develop the back side of the mountain, but I can't remember the source. It may have been the absolutely stunning girl serving me beer when I was there in the spring.

Caesar555
04-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Awesome! Love Marmot Basin, my favorite hill in the Rockies. Really good variety of terrain. Can't wait to head up there once the new season starts.

I wondered how ski lifts are built. All that work by chopper must cost a fortune.

IanO
04-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Cannot wait for the new season with this chair... ideal! Now only if we could somehow put 1 more ski hill in the vicinity...

Paul Turnbull
04-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Developing the back of the mountain is extremely unlikely as it would involve expanding the leasehold. Parks wouldn't go for it because of there are caribou migration routes back there. I hear a lot of the stuff up there and I haven't heard anything about developing the back. I have heard talk about a chair to the peak as well as a water lagoon at mid (for snow making) and expanding the parking lots.

The helicopter is expensive but I note they pulled all the towers from the Tranq and the Kiefer in one day. I'll bet they put in the new towers all in one day if they can.

Also check out their skicams. They've redirected the mid and lower cams to show where they're working.

http://www.skimarmot.com/skicams.html

Chmilz
05-06-2009, 09:58 AM
^I too heard they were planning an upgrade on the Knob chair, thanks for the reminder.

IanO... a 2nd hill in the Jasper area would do well to help Jasper grow. As it is it completely shuts down from Thanksgiving to Easter, which is truly unfortunate.

raz0469
05-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Yes, there is talk about expanding the Knob chair all the way to the peak. Personally I think that's unfortunate, as I like that it's a fairly accessible and visible hike to awesome snow most of the time, and the chair going up there will eliminate it.

As far as other expansions or the "back" side, from what I understand there is some talk of opening up a "new" section of the mountain, but in return Marmot would have to give back some of it's leasehold. I'm not sure on the exact details unfortunately.

Personally this doesn't really change anything for me, other than significantly upping the lift capacity of the resort as a whole. On busy days the Paradise and Eagle Express chairs can get out of hand with lift lines. And now there's some redundancy in case one of the chairs at the base goes down for an hour or two. I've been stuck at the base on a powder day because a squirrel gnawed through something it shouldn't have :/.

Paul Turnbull
05-06-2009, 04:46 PM
On the development maps I saw the 'new' section of the mountain was beginner slopes in the areas below Rock Gardens. :-?

I agree about expanding up the peak. One reason is that the proposal I heard about involved removing the Knob chair and replacing it with a new chair that ran from just above the mid chalet, up Knob Hill to the Peak. I think that would turn the mid area into an even worse traffic nightmare than it already is.

raz0469
08-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Well if that's the case, the expansion in to Rock Gardens or below it, I'm not too happy about it. Or at least I would prefer they did not. Marmot has already expanded into several areas that were once excellent hike-in spots that were still fairly accessible and reasonable in terms of the terrain and getting back to the main resort. If they continue to push the lift serviced area of the resort in to these areas, people like me are going to continue to look for untouched areas, uncrowded areas further and further afield, and that may potentially cause problems.

And I can already hear numerous people saying "oh well you shouldn't be outside of the boundaries anyway!" but in actuality most resorts these days more or less have open boundary rules. Kicking Horse for example sells one way lift tickets for the people who go over the backside to ski tour. The only stipulation, of course, is that it's "at your own risk" and that if you're going to do it, that you're properly prepared and knowledgeable enough to do it safely. However that may not necessarily be the case for resorts within national parks, I'm not sure. I do most of my hiking at Golden, Fernie and Pano.

So yeah, I hope Marmot stays reasonable with their expansion plans. I like that it's a small to medium sized, quieter type of resort, and not a massive zoo like Louise or Sunshine.

Paul Turnbull
08-06-2009, 02:47 PM
The proposed expansion below Rock Gardens I heard about was strictly green terrain so I doubt it would impact any terrain someone would hike to.

As for skiing outside the boundaries, if you're off the leasehold then your free to go where you like. At Marmot it's possible to cross out of the area from the Peak and from the top of Thunder Bowl into Sherpa's run.

Be sure you know what you're doing, are wearing a beacon, and carrying rescue gear. There have been a number of avalanche deaths over the years on the mountain but off the leasehold.

Inside the area stay out of the avalanche closures! The control work done on the mountain is geared to where the fence lines are. Above the fences slides are still possible they're just unlikely to make it across the fence.

I know a lot of the patrol and they would rather not be digging your body out. :)

raz0469
08-06-2009, 02:50 PM
The proposed expansion below Rock Gardens I heard about was strictly green terrain so I doubt it would impact any terrain someone would hike to.

It might be green terrain once it's logged and smoothed out, but prior to that it might be extremely difficult (fun!) terrain with lots of trees etc.

But yes, very much agreed on using proper gear etc.

Transplanted_Edm
08-06-2009, 07:51 PM
As it is it completely shuts down from Thanksgiving to Easter, which is truly unfortunate.

Exaggeration. Summer is definitely high season but winter weekends are always all booked up and you need restaurant reservations etc.

AdamBQ
26-06-2009, 12:35 AM
Yeah, the rumors about them trying to open up that backside is true. The information is on Parks Canada website. They are sacrificing a certain part of the leasehold that is a very important area for beers and elk (if i remember correctly), and that is the area they are giving back in order to open up the back side.

Side Note guys: I just moved to Edmonton, and spent a ton of time this winter at Marmot, and really haven't found many websites about it, so I'm happy I found this thread... I've heard mention of this "Rock Garden" twice, and I have no idea where it is. I've been all over the mountain, off piste, except for the Double Black area by Eagle's Ridge. . . Where is this rock garden?

raz0469
26-06-2009, 08:09 AM
The double black area by Eagle Ridge :D. It lost a lot of it's allure when the Eagle chair opened, because before that entire part of the mountain, both the face that fed back in to the basin and the face that leads to the base area and highway were fantastic terrain that weren't often ski'd due to limited access.

Basically Rock Gardens is far skier's right on the front side, about halfway down the mountain. You'll know it if you see it or go through it, because it literally is a big boulder field. Depending on how much snow there is, it can either be super fun or hell. There's some pretty big cliffs in the area as well, and I assume that them crumbling is the source of all the rocks.

IanO
26-06-2009, 08:43 AM
^best part of the hill by FAR.

Paul Turnbull
26-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Reading the info on the Park site it looks like 'backside' expansion would be a lift in Outer Limits. The important thing to remember is that any 'expansion' will be within the existing leasehold so don't expect a new lift in Sherpa's or on the backside of the peak.

The relevant portion of the Parks document (http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/ab/jasper/plan/plan8_e.asp):

In exchange for this voluntary lease reduction, Parks Canada is prepared to consider the following potential future initiatives as exceptions to the Ski Area Management Guidelines: expansion of the Developed Area; extension of the Knob Chairlift outside of the existing Developed Area; significant terrain modification for a realigned Knob Chairlift if alternatives prove impractical; development of a new beginner ski area and Nordic ski trails outside of the existing lease boundary; terrain modification to support the development of a terrain park and mid mountain reservoir; the development of a skier egress from the Tres Hombres off-piste area; and the development of a new ticket and group sales building in one of the parking lots.

The ski area also wishes to pursue the development of ski lifts in the Tres Hombres and Outer Limits areas. Because the potential impact of development in these areas is not well understood, a decision on whether to potentially consider lifts in these areas will only be made upon completion of a caribou risk assessment. At a minimum, off-piste skiing can continue.

MikeK
26-06-2009, 11:35 AM
The new lifts at Marmot should be awesome! As soon as possible next winter, I'm so there!!

raz0469
26-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Only 5 months! Just bring your rock skis.

JasonR
02-07-2009, 11:46 AM
I like Marmot as well. This should eliminate my habit of staying on the top half of the mountain to avoid the lines at the bottom.

AdamBQ
02-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Heh, I completely agree with you about avoiding the bottom half of the mountain.

Although it still sucks that you can't really go from the knob all the way to the bottom without hitting greens. I'd go to the bottom way more if there were more blacks all the way down.

LindseyT
03-07-2009, 09:15 AM
More lift capacity on a hill that is allready way to busy.... no thanks.

JasonR
03-07-2009, 11:13 AM
It's that bottleneck where the upper chalet is that gets so crowded.....

raz0469
06-07-2009, 03:04 PM

Compared to what hills? Jasper tends to be much quieter in terms of lines and congestion on runs etc than Louise or Sunshine, and arguably Fernie and Golden as well just to name a few. Ever been to Kicking Horse on a busy weekend? Have fun waiting 30+ minutes for every gondola ride.

LindseyT
06-07-2009, 05:42 PM

Compared to what hills? Jasper tends to be much quieter in terms of lines and congestion on runs etc than Louise or Sunshine, and arguably Fernie and Golden as well just to name a few. Ever been to Kicking Horse on a busy weekend? Have fun waiting 30+ minutes for every gondola ride.

Huh? i haven't been to Jasper since the new terrain was added, but i swore id never go back again after i visited Sunshine/Fernie/Louise. in the dozen or so times ive been to Sunshine I dont think i've ever waited more than a minute or two for the lift.

Paul Turnbull
06-07-2009, 05:51 PM

Huh? i haven't been to Jasper since the new terrain was added, but i swore id never go back again after i visited Sunshine/Fernie/Louise. in the dozen or so times ive been to Sunshine I dont think i've ever waited more than a minute or two for the lift.

Which is the point of the new lift at Marmot. To reduce the lift waits by adding a new lift that can move a large number of skiers quickly.

LindseyT
06-07-2009, 05:57 PM
...so that massive jam of skiers that occurs on the middle third of the hill can get bigger? sign me up.

AdamBQ
06-07-2009, 10:30 PM
I dunno about that. Every time I go to Jasper, there's almost never any lines, as most it just a smaller line at the bottom lift.
Whereas I went to Sunshine once and the lines were 4x bigger than I'd ever seen in Jasper...

JasonR
07-07-2009, 08:14 AM
A high speed lift from bottom to top is overdue at Marmot. That bottleneck in the middle of the hill happens because people avoid the bottom of the hill. If people can go from top to bottom and then up again in one lift it will spread people out on the hill.

I agree that the bottleneck exists, but Marmot is nowhere near as crowded as Sunshine.

raz0469
07-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Anyone who would claim Marmot is as or more crowded than Sunshine needs to show up and try to park at 9:30am on a weekend, only to discover they're parking a couple kilometers down the road and taking a ride in a trailer pulled by a tractor up to the gondola.

Paul Turnbull
07-07-2009, 09:42 AM
^Except that if you are a green or blue skier skiing the length of the mountain you will still have to go through the bottleneck. If you are skiing blacks you won't be skiing the new lift because there are few blacks that run the length of the mountain and none of them very good.

I fully expect patrol will still have to do shifts in that bottleneck slowing people down.

IanO
07-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Anyone who would claim Marmot is as or more crowded than Sunshine needs to show up and try to park at 9:30am on a weekend, only to discover they're parking a couple kilometers down the road and taking a ride in a trailer pulled by a tractor up to the gondola.

concur in full.

i enjoy marmot because it is very much less congested than the bigger hills.... ok lin you and i head up in dec.

raz0469
07-07-2009, 12:12 PM
I agree that the Basin Run can get extremely crowded, perhaps even dangerously so. Unfortunately that's a result of the mountain's geography, and not much can be done other than trying to encourage people to take other runs. I know I avoid that area like the plague.

Turtle
04-11-2009, 10:41 AM
One week till Marmot Basin Opens Nov 11!

Paul Turnbull
04-11-2009, 11:27 AM
"40 cm at mid mountain - 60 cm in the upper mountain. Grooming in progress."

Looks like they're going to have great start this year. I'm up this weekend for training and rumour has it may be allowed to ski during our outdoor sessions. I saw video of the paid patrollers cutting first tracks down Paradise a couple of weeks ago.

Paul Turnbull
09-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Got to see the new lift and shred some pow at Marmot this weekend while up for training. They're going to start the year with a solid base and the hill is looking awesome. I heard talk of 40+ runs to be open on the first weekend and even a chance they might get the Knob open as well.

The Canadian Rockies Express (staff are calling it the CRE) was turning but they still have to finish the final certification tests. From a patroller's perspective it has some sweet features. When we load the chair with toboggan the liftie will now be able to mark the chair we're on so that the top liftie will be automatically notified as we approach the unload. Very nice because it really sucks trying to get a toboggan off the chair at full speed. It also has built in anchors on each chair for evac ropes and a system where a person can ride the cable to get to people on chairs who need more personal attention then we can give from the ground.

All signs point to a great season ahead.

IanO
09-11-2009, 10:38 AM
thanks for the update... looking forward to getting up there.

Old time Hockey
10-11-2009, 12:14 AM
This needs to be fixed on Maromt's website. Apparently, Edmonton only has two direct flights to anywhere. But you can fly through Calgary from everywhere. Edmonton's flights should be listed first as well!

http://www.skimarmot.com/air.html

IanO
10-11-2009, 09:08 AM
^Good catch... and quite disappointing. I have just emailed marmot and EAA with a letter of concern.

IanO
10-11-2009, 09:56 AM
... quick reply:

Dear IanO

Many thanks for your email and your amazing support of Edmonton International Airport!! It is GREATLY appreciated.

I have attached our Air Service Map (listing all our non stops) and an International list for Marmot and the people at Jasper Tourism also.

I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention and I will ensure I keep our partners in the Jasper area up to date on our Air Service Developments.

Thanks again! Enjoy the slopes!

Rgrds,

Carol Hutchins

Old time Hockey
10-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Great, we need all the tourists visiting Jasper flying through YEG. If we get enough, maybe we can get some more direct flights! Great follow up.

IanO
10-11-2009, 01:29 PM
btw... here is the correct (more or less) list from EIA

Edmonton International Airport – Non Stop International Services

Cancun, Mexico Air Canada, Air Transat
Chicago, Illinois United Airlines
Denver, Colorado United Airlines
Frankfurt, Germany Air Transat
Houston, Texas Continental
Las Vegas, Nevada Air Canada, WestJet
Liberia, Costa Rica Air Transat
London (GB) Gatwick , United Kingdom Thomas Cook
London (GB) Heathrow, United Kingdom Air Canada
Los Angeles, California Air Canada, WestJet
Los Cabos, Mexico WestJet
Mazatlan, Mexico WestJet
Manzanillo, Mexico WestJet
Maui, Hawaii WestJet
Mexico City, Mexico Mexicana Airlines
Montego Bay, Jamaica Air Canada, Air Transat
Minneapolis, Minnesota Northwest
Palm Springs, California WestJet
Phoenix, Arizona US Airways
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico WestJet, Air Transat
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Air Transat
Salt Lake City, Utah Delta/SkyWest Airlines
San Francisco, California United Airlines
Seattle, Washington Horizon Air
Varadero, Cuba Air Transat

*some services may operate on a seasonal basis only.

IanO
10-11-2009, 01:32 PM
provided by EAA

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x164/coldrsx/Picture1-11.png

deedub35
10-11-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm really surprised that there is nothing direct to NY.

But back to the topic ... looking forward to trying out the new lift.

Paul Turnbull
10-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Well they may not be opening the Knob as early as they hoped. Apparently there's a rain crust from October 15th that's giving the Avalanche Control guys some trouble. All the beautiful snow I saw in Charlie's bowl is now gone. Two bombs and they cleaned it right out.

Old time Hockey
11-11-2009, 12:09 AM
The forecast looks great for a good start to the season this year (Hopefully lots of snow). Paul, I recall two seasons ago that even though there was tonnes of snow left at the end of the year, marmot still closed at the stated date around the third week of April. Is there a chance that the mountain would stay open later in the future if the conditions warrant it?

Paul Turnbull
11-11-2009, 07:54 AM
First caveat: I'm just a volunteer ski patrol at Marmot, so I don't speak on behalf the hill. :)

I doubt they would ever stay open past their set closing date because of staff. Most of their staff will have summer jobs lined up and waiting for them. After closing day there's at least a week or two of work involved in shutting down the hill and then everybody heads off to their summer jobs.

Paul Turnbull
12-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Opening day: 2300 people.

Paul Turnbull
13-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Marmot has posted video ride up and down the new chair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43QVeG1rMrA

As well as a construction video of the new chair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdJrxJvbkec

IanO
13-11-2009, 03:08 PM
^impressive! Thanks.

booster
15-11-2009, 10:37 AM
One of my staff went up to Marmot on Thursday and really loved the new lift. Nothing but raves about more time to ski and great views.

KenL
15-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Looks like Ian has had an affect..

The Marmot website Getting Here section suddenly doesn't work, perhaps some retooling to get people to go through Edmonton?

hmmm!

MikeK
17-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Ski fans here should check this one out - incredible, considering how nice and warm it's out here in Edmonton! :smt080

Jasper’s Marmot Basin buried in snow

By John Korobanik, edmontonjournal.comNovember 17, 2009 11:42 AM

EDMONTON — Jasper’s Marmot Basin is getting buried in snow which is making Brian Rode crazy.

The vice-president of marketing for the ski resort is in Edmonton Tuesday while his mountain is being buried in a massive snowfall.

Marmot received 50 centimetres of fresh snow overnight and it was still snowing so hard Tuesday that Marmot president Dave Gibson says he’s “never, ever seen anything like this in all my days in the ski industry.”....

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Jasper+Marmot+Basin+buried+snow/2233134/story.html

Paul Turnbull
17-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Figures that I'm not patrolling this weekend because of kid's birthday. :)

Ahh well, this still bodes well for the rest of the season.

KenL
17-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Well! Well!

Looks like the squeaky wheel gets the grease the "Getting There" section of the Marmot website now shows going through Edmonton with the Bus from the Airport the first thing you see!

Kodos to whoever initiated this, power of the people

Yay !!

KenL
19-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Cannot wait for the new season with this chair... ideal! Now only if we could somehow put 1 more ski hill in the vicinity...

I'm not sure if this area is still being developed or if they economy has stopped work but this is another ski area near Jasper that is being developed. My wife and I took a skidoo tour for a day on this mountain and it is spectacular!

and it's only an hour from Jasper!

http://www.canoemountainresorts.com/skiing/

Possum

IanO
19-11-2009, 01:43 PM
^if i recall it was an ambitious plan that never really got off the ground. I would love to have a second choice 1.5hrs away from Jasper.

MikeK
19-11-2009, 01:46 PM
If the economy picks up again, that ski resort near Valemount may have a chance. We don't have enough ski hills to choose from this far north.

Titanium48
19-11-2009, 02:38 PM
The trouble is that Valemount is far from every major city. We are closest but it is still farther from Edmonton than Sunshine and Lake Louise and nearly as far as Kickinghorse - definitely not a day trip. Although, if Valemount could compete with Golden's cheap motels I would certainly consider it.

barhonda
02-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Just out there this past sunday, and the new lift is amazing. Brings you all the way up top from the bottom.

nobleea
03-12-2009, 12:36 PM
i was out on saturday. fantastic conditions and the new lift is great. no lineups anywhere even though all the parking lots were full. my only concern is that on a really busy day, it will be chaos at the base of the lifts. the two high speed quads are right beside each other.

Titanium48
04-12-2009, 10:03 AM
^ Yes, the lift mazes are poorly designed. There seems to be a choke point at the entrance, leading to confusion. The maze needs to be longer with a wider entrance (4 "lanes" plus a singles line would probably work). Short merge zones and a late merge with the singles line should ensure 4 people on every chair. If you've ever been to Revelstoke, you've seen how this can work.

Turtle
04-12-2009, 11:01 AM
http://http://www.skimarmot.com/skicams_lower.html

Paul Turnbull
26-12-2009, 11:45 PM
With regards to the mazes for the Express and the CRE, what they have may work out. They've already had a 2700 day with no problems. I was up there with 2100 and we were skiing onto all the lifts with no waits. Normally there would have been short waits at both the Express and the Triple at these numbers. I'm going to bet they have to have well over 3000 to generate noticeable waits at the bottom. Jasper in January should tell the tale there.

Also, given that the CRE when loaded has more than 700 people in the air and ride times under 10 minutes the bigger traffic jam is going to be at the top.

Note: A really big day is 4000 and a huge day is 5000.

Chmilz
04-01-2010, 11:14 AM
I hit Marmot Dec 27th and 28th, and the lifts were a mess. At almost no point either day were the EE and CRE both operating at the same time. Constant shut-downs. And they weren't planned, as there were people stuck on the lift most of those times.

Luckily there was enough snow to actually ski Eagle Ridge, so it wasn't awful, but I sure did miss that T-bar.

Dear Marmot: Get those chairs fixed, and upgrade the Paradise to a high speed quad.

Marcel Petrin
05-01-2010, 11:38 AM
The past couple times I've been to Marmot they've had issues keeping the lifts running. I don't know if it's a problem with the safety features stopping the lift (Fernie had a problem with the White Pass chair over New Year's stopping frequently), or if it's a power issue or what. But it's pretty frustrating for sure.

Paul Turnbull
05-01-2010, 11:45 AM
I know last year they had power issues that came from outside the area. For example there was a power outage that affected the townsite and the hill that was completely outside of the hill's control. There was another issue last year with the line up to the hill as well.

ike9126
06-01-2010, 12:34 PM
I was there on the 30 and 31, didn't have any problems with the lifts.

IanO
02-02-2010, 04:38 PM
quick update... looks like they now have revised their text as well

"Edmonton International Airport is the gateway to Jasper and our closest international airport. Both Edmonton and Calgary International airports provide convenient access to the Canadian Rockies with non-stop and direct flights from major cities all over Canada, the US and Europe. For flight schedules and other details on air travel please see the following website links.
www.edmontonairports.com
www.calgaryairport.com"

IanO
29-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Had the pleasure last weekend to hit up Marmot and my god do they ever have snow... the new CRE lift makes the mountain far more efficient and useable as a skier.

One shot from the rocks beneath the peak climb

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x164/coldrsx/misc%20photos/DSC04358.jpg