PDA

View Full Version : Alberta 2009-2010 Budget - Infrastructure Funding? Recommit to Green TRIP?

DrT
07-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Alberta budget today appears to provide an increase of roughly $1 billion in available infrastructure funds (see link), including a decision to recommit to Green TRIP and provide that program with $520 million. Not as much as I hoped, but $520 million is a lot more than nothing.

Any ideas as to how much money total might be available for transit in the budget?

And why the heck has there been NO ANNOUNCEMENTS YET ON ANY FUNDING VIA THE FEDERAL STIMULUS PACKAGE??? Will funds in today's provincial budget be used to provide the necessary matching funds to receive cash from the federal package?

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Alberta+boosts+infrastructure+spending/1474507/story.html

Glenco
08-04-2009, 01:51 PM
With some goodies in hand?
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Harper+comes+Edmonton+Thursday/1478375/story.html

moahunter
08-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Announcement at NAIT... hmmmmm, NAIT LRT shared funding would be nice (lucky for the PM, he can still fly right into the Muni)...

moahunter
09-04-2009, 12:56 PM
An apprentiship grant - oh well, never mind.

booster
09-04-2009, 01:10 PM
^Yeah!!!!, feel like a deflating balloon.

DrT
10-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Darn, thought Harp-y was going to come through with the goods. Probably too close to the provincial budget announcement, Feds and the Province probably have to sit down now that both have money in place and figure out who's going to pay for what and how much.

Not too worried though, seems to be a lot of money in the provincial budget and HOPEFULLY Alberta should get its fair share of the federal package, so I think we can expect a big announcement soon.

Too bad yesterday was disappointment..........

DrT
01-05-2009, 05:40 PM
So, tally for is $300 million for LRT infrastructure so far:

$100 million federal
$100 million provincial
$100 million city (roughly, give or take depending on costing)

Looks like NLRT is going to have to depend on Green TRIP and city only, as the strict rules required to qualify for federal stimulus dollars appears to exclude this project. Anyone know if maybe more federal dollars may follow next year? I hope we end up with more than $100 million, that just doesn't seem fair!!!!!

Any ideas when a Green TRIP announcement could be coming??