PDA

View Full Version : How About An "Ask Bob" series?

24karat
14-03-2009, 01:31 PM
The Ask Mayor Mandel and Ask Reg series were terrific, and they made this
forum so worthwhile.

I would like to suggest an "Ask Bob" series where we would post questions to Edmonton
Transportation Manager Bob Boutilier.

I seriously doubt members would have any difficulties in thinking of questions for him.

Medwards
14-03-2009, 02:09 PM
^ I suggested this in another thread, but it's an awesome idea.

I know there's other "Ask" forums coming down the tubes...

I wonder if Bob even pays attention to this forum?? Bob???

RichardS
14-03-2009, 03:12 PM
I believe we approached Bob for one. I don't have the list in front of me, but if he is not on the list, I will add him for sure.

We have 3 more confirmed guests, and a whole slough looking to see how these worked out. With the successes of the first two, I think we'll get some more takers.

Any suggestions, feel free to send them our way. Post, PM, or e-mail, whichever you please.

Sonic Death Monkey
14-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Bob Boutilier is a great suggestion for an "Ask" guest.

Not sure who else Richard and the gang have lined up, but here are some suggestions:

Premier Ed Stelmach
MP Rona Ambrose
EPS Chief Mike Boyd
EEDC President - whoever it is
Jim Taylor of the Downtown Business Association
Old Strathcona Business Association head
Someone from the Oilers - Katz, LaForge, Lowe or Tambellini
Someone from Procura
Leo de Bever from AIMCo

DebraW
14-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Bob Boutilier is a great suggestion for an "Ask" guest.

Not sure who else Richard and the gang have lined up, but here are some suggestions:

Premier Ed Stelmach
MP Rona Ambrose
EPS Chief Mike Boyd
EEDC President - whoever it is
Jim Taylor of the Downtown Business Association
Old Strathcona Business Association head
Someone from the Oilers - Katz, LaForge, Lowe or Tambellini
Someone from Procura
Leo de Bever from AIMCo

^ Yes!

EEDC President is Ron Gilbertson.

Old Strathcona Business Association head is Shirley Lowe.

Leo de Bever from AIMCo is a great suggestion and I spoke to him about the forum in January.

I also talked to former Mayor Bill Smith (at the same private lunch) who was very receptive. The contact information was passed on.

I also approached the incoming Health Superboard chief, Dr. Stephen Duckett who was also interested but needed to settle in for a few months before committing to anything.

How about Janet Riopel?

RichardS
15-03-2009, 03:25 PM
We've approached many of these excellent suggestions...most are waiting to see how Ask Reg and the next one turn out. Others are a bit non-committal.

A couple confirmed guests are not on this list...so I'll keep them a bit of a surprise for now.

Others are debating a guest column or and Ask forum. Kenn and I are trying to sway them to the latter...we're finding the "ask" forum much more interactive which is really the point of C2E...however, it does take a significant time commitment to be interactive so we understand.

Shirley and Janet are good suggestions.

Keep them coming.