Still .... no video. Ain't technology great :lol:

LindseyT
09-11-2006, 11:48 AM
it worked last night.

you tube won't fail me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_JgdWb5WZU

grish
09-11-2006, 12:04 PM
the guy is an *****. this "joke" should be never made particularly in public. i know the idea behind "roasting." but personal shots below the belt (almost literally) have absolutely no place there. Klein, being suposedly a role model, should have never said what he did. Now, the honorable thing to do is to apologise. Remember, the subject of his jokes is a mother. Her children don't need to hear this crap either. Go, Ralph... go as soon as you can as far as you can. It appears that your grip on reality is rapidly slipping. Such comments don't make the rest of us look good either.

MylesC
09-11-2006, 03:40 PM
To be fair, it IS a roast...

William Shatner's was hillarious and there were MANY below the belt jokes. That's the whole point.

This little clip hardly provides enough context to see how the joke was taken by the people there.

As for kids...I wouldn't bring my kids to a roast, that's for sure.

grish
10-11-2006, 10:46 AM
To be fair, it IS a roast...

no, a roast makes fun of little quirks, of strange habits, of absessions... sometimes of physical similarities with someone else.

A roast is an event in which an individual is subject to publicly bearing insults, praise, outlandish true and untrue stories, and heartwarming tributes. It is seen as a great honor to be roasted, as the individual is surrounded by friends, fans, and well-wishers, who can receive some of the same treatment as well during the course of the evening. The party and presentation itself are both referred to as a roast. The host of the event is called the roastmaster. It is also known as a burn, as one is insulted (usually a skew on what said person spoke), various peers will call "Burn!". In short, it is both the opposite and the same as a "toast".

As far as I can tell, Belinda wasn't even invited to this thing. So, why was she subjected to a roast? Klein should apoligize as the last thing he publicly says. His time to go was a few years ago...

MylesC
10-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Let's not bust out the be-all and end-all of academic definitions known as Wikipedia, eh? :roll:

Roasts vary hugely depending on the crowd, the person being roasted, the situation, and the person doing the roasting. Like I said, just take a look a Shatner's roast...or ANY of the Comedy Central ones listed in that Wikipedia article.

Regardless, since it's in the political forum between people of opposite parties it would naturally be blown up and used for media attention. Like he's going to apologize....he hasn't apologized for many things that are far worse than this.

However, as for Klein needing to go we stand in agreement. He should of left 6 years ago.

grish
10-11-2006, 12:06 PM
wikipedia... regardless of wikipedia's 'credibility", do you disagree with the definition? yes or no?

If you agree with this defintion, then why question its legitimacy? if you disagree--then go and alter it in wiki to make it more accurate.

Klein's comment was over the top. He is being a dumb @$$. He should apoligize and keep his mouth shut from now on.

nothing else to add... ciao