Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Water taxis, please.
    I would love to be able to go from Louise McKinney Park to Fort Edmonton Park, or to Hawrelak Park during Heritage Festival via water taxi.

Yep, Also like the idea of amphibious duckboats which I think would work very well in out city and with our river valley. Imagine duckboats taking people to Hawrelak park, Heritage Festival, Folk Fest, up to Legislature, Shaw Conference Center, McKinney, Fort Edmonton, various landings etc. So much of the infrastructure that would facilitate this is already done. We just need a mode like this to connect the dots. Huge tourism potential I think.

Originally posted by IanO View Post
    More JETBOAT tours
    No, not more of this, please.
    Last edited by Replacement; 14-05-2014, 08:49 AM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Originally posted by JayBee View Post
      What do we seriously do with a restaurant or a bar marooned hundreds of metres from anything else in winter?

There is no way this pays for itself more than 40 days a year.

Top of the Valley, absolutely. In the 'dales, fine. Already at the golf courses.

Otherwise, food trucks at most for the love of all things reasonable.
      What with Shaw Convention Center access the Louise McKinney area isn't so much marooned. Theres foot traffic(including moi) throughout that area all year long. Part of embracing winter is embracing winter. Bikes in summer, fatbike tires or showshoeing or hoofing it in winter. More people are doing this and more and more people commuting in this way from riverdale and across the footbridge.

This is a great way to access the downtown and that people are figuring out more and more.

A place offering hot beverages in the winter? That would rock. Something a little nicer though and adjunct to the current concrete bunker that looks like it was built with air raids in mind..
      "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Peecans
        - if only we could keep them clean

Comment

Originally posted by Replacement View Post
          Originally posted by JayBee View Post
          What do we seriously do with a restaurant or a bar marooned hundreds of metres from anything else in winter?

There is no way this pays for itself more than 40 days a year.

Top of the Valley, absolutely. In the 'dales, fine. Already at the golf courses.

Otherwise, food trucks at most for the love of all things reasonable.
          What with Shaw Convention Center access the Louise McKinney area isn't so much marooned. Theres foot traffic(including moi) throughout that area all year long. Part of embracing winter is embracing winter. Bikes in summer, fatbike tires or showshoeing or hoofing it in winter. More people are doing this and more and more people commuting in this way from riverdale and across the footbridge.

This is a great way to access the downtown and that people are figuring out more and more.

A place offering hot beverages in the winter? That would rock. Something a little nicer though and adjunct to the current concrete bunker that looks like it was built with air raids in mind..
          Ha ha.

Honestly, I would expect something like: "Hi, I'm an investor. I'm not touching this unless you first build it to my specifications and guarantee my margins with tax dollars."

What could actually work is just over the footbridge in the base of the condos of Cloverdale. Same trail traffic, plus local traffic, plus Muttart and Muttart Station.

Much lower vandalism and maintenance concerns as well.
          Let's make Edmonton better.

Comment

Working...
          X