Dent removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dent removal

I have a big dent on the top bar of my bike i was wondering do autobody places do dent remove for bikes and if so what price would it be?

Originally posted by Magnoblade View Post
    I have a big dent on the top bar of my bike i was wondering do autobody places do dent remove for bikes and if so what price would it be?
    I suspect the wall thickness on your bike tube is much thicker than the sheet metal on cars. I'm sure they could fix it, probably wouldn't be cheap.

Comment

You could check with united cycle...

They have a good reputation in this city.

Comment

Could i DYI it with bondo and then just paint over it?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnoblade View Post
          Could i DYI it with bondo and then just paint over it?
          Keep in mind the tube's structure is how it helps to keep its strength. A severe dent would compromise the load bearing capacity of the tube

I'd suggest taking it into a bike shop just to get an eyeball on it regardless.
          Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

^ Agree about the potential for reduced strength. How did you manage to dent the frame? I've killed pretty much every other bike component at some point (including snapping axles), but I have never damaged a frame (unless you count rust and scratches).

Comment

Honstly im not sure how or what did it the paint isnt cracked at all here's a pic

DSC_0002 by darkmagnoblade, on Flickr

Comment

That looks like someone hit it with something long like a pipe.

I couldn't say for sure but I suspect any method of removing the dent could further weaken the frame.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Comment

Wouldn't bother.

If it's aluminum, it'll weaken the frame. If it's steel, there's no integrity lost.

Comment

Working...
                  X