Your most epic cycling ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your most epic cycling ride

Just as the title says what was your most epic ride?

Mine happens to be my annual ride from WEM all the way down to EIA using nothing but the back roads. I start by taking 178st all the way till it changes to lessard road, then turn into the wedgewood area down the closed road that is now a walking path, spit out into Cameron heights then down the AHD getting off at the windermere turn off, then down 170st SW all the way till i hit the range roads then hit hwy 19. total round trip is about 60 km, time taken about an hour and half both ways, sometimes more if there is a stop involved.

Your most epic ride

Driving 20 miles on the highway to the coast with an elderly dithering relative. We cowered and silently screamed in the back seat all the way. It was epic for all the wrong reasons. Sometimes at night I wake up in a big sweat reliving the journey.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

You realize this is the cycling section correct?

Comment

.....................now I do. Sorry bout that.

Comment

^Its cool. do you have an actual cycling one?

Comment

^Yeah I do but they are more disastrous than epic.

Comment

Im still feeling the effects of my ride today. Im burned and sore had a few times where i didn't know if i was going to make it lol.

Comment

My most epic rides were the two flights that I had with The Snowbirds.
                Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

Comment

And that has what do do with CYCLING?

Comment

There darkmangoblade. I made the title clear.
                    Ow

Comment

Its in the cycling subforum how else can it be any more clear!

Comment

Originally posted by darkmagnoblade View Post

Are motorcycle stories allowed, or does it have to be the kid's bike variety?
                        "The only really positive thing one could say about Vancouver is, it’s not the rest of Canada." Oink (britishexpats.com)

Comment

Tandem bicycle journey through the wine Sonoma wine country in California. When you got thirsty, just stop for a wine tasting...

NMP
                          Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                            Originally posted by darkmagnoblade View Post

Are motorcycle stories allowed, or does it have to be the kid's bike variety?
                            Taken from the description of this very subfourm.
                            "Discuss all manners of cycling issues, cycle technology, etc. A place to hang out and talk about your 2 wheel, pedal powered pride and joy!"

Comment

I'd have two different rides to share. One is actually an 11 day ride from Halifax to Dartmouth on a tandem with my wife. That was about a 750 km ride.

The other was a ride from my place to my old home in Lacombe on my ride bike by myself. 135 km in one afternoon, just less than 5 hours to do it. Was a good solo ride along 2A, which is not bad on the shoulder.

Comment

Working...
                              X