No announcement yet.

Edmonton's First RWB Porsche - Akira Nakai in Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singers engines are works of art for sure. I drool over them all the time.

I know the supercharger is watercooled, but didn't get a chance to get any close up shots of the engine when I was there (wanted to stay out of Nakaisan's way as much as possible)

Comment

When I was a wee lad I always marvelled at RUFs & loved their tuned narrow 911-based cars. They're on the Lotto List.
      Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Originally posted by noodle View Post
        Originally posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
        I know the feeling. I have two different coloured mirrors on my Civic. Same thing right?

It's being a Civic is probably the main reason it doesn't turn heads though...
        Hahaha my highschool Civic didn't even HAVE two mirrors on it (passenger side was an option on '89 Civics) when I got it! I snagged a matching red one from a wrecker though.
        My first Civic had pink wavy stripes, and a rusted out muffler, so it really did turn heads. For all the wrong reasons though.

Sorry, way off topic now.

Comment

My first Civic had a bullet hole in the driver's door - a real one, not a sticker - and it seemed to get looks from the 'hood ricer kids.
          I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

When I was a wee lad I always marvelled at RUFs & loved their tuned narrow 911-based cars. They're on the Lotto List.
            Ah yes an RUF would be gold as well!!

Well lets be honest if I can own any Porsche in my life at some point I will consider that a win.

Comment

My dad's got a 2005 Boxster S & it's a joy to drive in the summer. Spends ~7 months of the year in a tent in the backyard unfortunately.

I think he put 1500km on it this year
              Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Ah that is a shame! My one friend picked up his McLaren 570S last year and has put 25k on it already! I was impressed.

Other end I know my friends dad has a 458 Speciale and he has put maybe 1000km on it over the last 3 years. (Investment more than car lol)

Comment

It's the only RWD car in the family, everything else is 4WD/AWD as my parents live on top of a hill & rural Strathcona County isn't exactly a snow-removal paradise. Dad's been too busy this summer for a lot of downtime or fun drives & sexy as the car is it's not the most practical to haul stuff around in

Comment

I've spent thousands of hours in garages\body shops growing up & personal project cars were always my favourite thing to see. Personal expression can be a wonderful thing & even if you don't "get" it everyone should be able to recognize & respect other people's passions. Isn't that what C2E is all about? Or maybe all Replacement is passionate about is peeing on people's parades?

(You know someone is a true Negative Nelly when they get called out by yours truly.)
                    Uh, hint: It's "Replacement" not "Enhancement", "Upgrade", "Mod", "Repurpose"...

Comment

Working...
                    X