Edmonton's First RWB Porsche - Akira Nakai in Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmonton's First RWB Porsche - Akira Nakai in Town

Had the pleasure/luck of getting to shoot Akira Nakai work on Edmontons first RWB Porsche here at the local dealership.

_MG_7638 by Ryan Ponto, on Flickr

_MG_7757 by Ryan Ponto, on Flickr

_MG_7885 by Ryan Ponto, on Flickr

_MG_7734 by Ryan Ponto, on Flickr

_MG_7690 by Ryan Ponto, on Flickr

_MG_7689 by Ryan Ponto, on Flickr

_MG_7659 by Ryan Ponto, on Flickr

_MG_7894 by Ryan Ponto, on Flickr

_MG_7759 by Ryan Ponto, on Flickr

That's pretty sweet. I was discussing Porsche tuners with my nephew this weekend. I used to have a RWB Porsche on my "Lotto List" of stuff to buy, but now if I stumbled on my weight in gold I'd be picking up a Singer as my tastes have changed. RWB still does crazy good work tho.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

RWB?
      I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

Japanese Porsche tuning shop, known for their over-the-top jobs on 911s like the one pictured.

http://rwb.jp/
        Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Originally posted by noodle View Post
          That's pretty sweet. I was discussing Porsche tuners with my nephew this weekend. I used to have a RWB Porsche on my "Lotto List" of stuff to buy, but now if I stumbled on my weight in gold I'd be picking up a Singer as my tastes have changed. RWB still does crazy good work tho.
          Ah yes Singer... if only I had a few hundred k laying around, my god they are beautiful. Definitely two different ends of the spectrum for sure. I would gladly take either haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Spudly View Post
            RWB?
            Japanese Porsche tuning shop, known for their over-the-top jobs on 911s like the one pictured.

http://rwb.jp/
            Bingo, Akira Nakai is the founder and get's flown in to complete the project himself, all done by eye and hand - didn't see a measurement made anywhere. He has quite the almost cultish following. He was here for 2 days then gone.

Comment

I know it looks all arty and poser posing and stuff but why couldn't Akiri just raise the lift and be looking at his stuff from eye level instead of crouching down for perfect view direction like Werner Herzog or something.

Sorry, but that's so over the top posing it deserves to be called out.

Why would anybody position the lift like that to be working under a vehicle?

Apparently crouching is part of his shtick.
              "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

"Why does he do the things he does in the way that's made him famous & not the way that I, a complete outsider, assumes they should be done?"

Your disdain & iron-clad belief in your inherent superiority to all those around you are in full effect today.

Comment

"Why does he do the things he does in the way that's made him famous & not the way that I, a complete outsider, assumes they should be done?"

Your disdain & iron-clad belief in your inherent superiority to all those around you are in full effect today.

Oh wait, 99.9% of mechanics use a lift properly and few would break their back and their knees like this poser does.

tbh I've NEVER seen a mechanic working this way when he has a proper lift to work with.

But some imported mechanic working on imports that figures he's an artist is a different apparent breed.

He's a poser. Its part of his act. He milks that. He eyeballs everything at awkward angles to do that because its so much more obvious and dramatic and its part of his shtick.

I'm only left wondering if he does the matrix pose shtick when a torqued bolt goes flying.
                  Last edited by Replacement; 28-08-2017, 11:21 AM.
                  "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Originally posted by Replacement View Post
                    Oh wait, 99.9% of mechanics use a lift properly and few would break their back and their knees like this poser does.

tbh I've NEVER seen a mechanic working this way when he has a proper lift to work with.
                    You've never seen someone put a body kit on, have you?

But some imported mechanic working on imports that figures he's an artist is a different apparent breed.

He's a poser. Its part of his act. He milks that. He eyeballs everything at awkward angles to do that because its so much more obvious and dramatic and its part of his shtick.
                    No, he's putting on a body kit. Given that it's far harder to rearrange the car & the lighting to get them & the point of view correct to make sure everything is lining up than it is to pop a squat, his form is entirely reasonable.

Comment

You've never seen someone put a body kit on, have you?

No, he's putting on a body kit. Given that it's far harder to rearrange the car & the lighting to get them & the point of view correct to make sure everything is lining up than it is to pop a squat, his form is entirely reasonable.
                      I'm not a kit car snob, no. Nor am I a fan of after modification or the Porsche butcher.

Whats wrong with a Porsche as is? Not good enough?

In advance I don't get it. But far from alone judging from the critique of his work.

Comment

I'm not a kit car snob, no. Nor am I a fan of after modification or the Porsche butcher.

In advance I don't get it. But far from alone judging from the critique of his work.
                        So you don't know anything about the subject or individual, don't want to know anything more & only comment to stroke your own ego & satisfy your insatiable need to feed your narcissistic superiority complex only to be discovered as a know-nothing instead of a know-it-all & now are crying sour grapes?

You're hilarious. And sad.

Comment

So you don't know anything about the subject or individual, don't want to know anything more & only comment to stroke your own ego & satisfy your insatiable need to feed your narcissistic superiority complex only to be discovered as a know-nothing instead of a know-it-all & now are crying sour grapes?

You're hilarious. And sad.

Because I don't like classic car butchering and think that most after modifications make them look incredibly silly?

Its a common enough thought that is expressed. Its a waste of money hiring guys like this to butcher your car.

Your mileage obviously varies.

ps No, I commented to get a rise out of you..

Comment

How boring it must be to live in Replacement's world where all cars are best the way they come from the factory.

Do recipes in cookbooks have to be followed exactly & are LEGO sets only to be constructed exactly as the manual instructs?

No personal expressions of creativity! Uniform aesthetics for all! Replacement's vast intellect & universal expertise are all that's required!

Comment

Search the Internet and you will come across some scathing opinions of Nakai and his Porsches. "Hide your aircooled Porsches," they say, but I disagree. Modifying cars is and always will be hugely debated, but it's hard to disagree with Nakai's logic. According to Nakai, "Basically, tuning a car is freedom. It is in your own way. There are no rules and regulations. You can do whatever you like." Nakai isn't fazed in the least by his critics, and for that, I admire him and his creations even more. I look forward to the future of RWB and wish Nakai the best of luck in his pursuit of the wildest Porsches on the planet.
                              https://oppositelock.kinja.com/rauh-...zin-1688741469

Comment

Working...
                              X