No announcement yet.

Tire Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of the WRG3 tires? I'm considering buying them for my vehicle but I'm not sure whether these "all-weather" tires are any good.

Comment

So far so good. The real test will be in the winter time when it hits minus 30 and there's patches of ice and snow on the roads.

Drove well last week when it rained, so really good so far.

The tires aren't make you bullet proof. You'll still slip but have better traction than all seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by jadzia2000 View Post
        So far so good. The real test will be in the winter time when it hits minus 30 and there's patches of ice and snow on the roads.

The tires aren't make you bullet proof. You'll still slip but have better traction than all seasons.
        probably true enough in the snow but not necessarily so for the rest if the year... indeed for much of the year your best traction is likely offered by neither all-season or all-weather but by either regular summer or purpose made tjres.
        "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

I think I might try them out. I've always had dedicated winters but with my new vehicle I just can't spring $2500+ for a set of rims, monitors, and 18" tires.

Comment

Originally posted by e909 View Post

I think I might try them out. I've always had dedicated winters but with my new vehicle I just can't spring $2500+ for a set of rims, monitors, and 18" tires.
            Wondering if you bought the Nokain WRG3's and if so what you think of the tires?

I have Hakka R's on one car and Hakka R2's on my other car. They are great but my wife and I only do about 7,000 Km a year on each vehicle. The tires will need to be replaced due to old rubber long before the tread is too low. So I'm thinking of just running all-weather Nokian WRG3's as well.

Comment

I had the WRG2's on my fusion before I sold it. They worked great all year round. Highly recommend the WRG2's or 3's
              A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

I did get the WRG3s and wow!!!

Well, last winter wasn't a read test since we went through the warm phase, but when we had a huge hit in November where it snowed about 30 cms for 2 days and snow everywhere?

I had to pick up my daughter at southgate so I had to travel on the whitemud. Absolutely no issues with traction, didn't get stuck, and I got to southgate and back home within 1/2 hour during rush hour.

I was able to drive 70kms on the freeway despite the thick snow on the road.

Very impressive tire to handle a 2-door vehicle with FWD.

Just imagine if I had the money to get the Infiniti Couple AWD with the Nokians.

Comment

Working...
                X