No announcement yet.

Cars, SUVs - brand benefits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Priceonomics issued a cost of vehicle ownership, worst BMW, best Toyota. I'm surprised that BMW is $5,000 more than the next highest group of vehicles. A summary of the information is on the link below;
    http://twocents.lifehacker.com/the-c...ver-1781639773

Comment

^interesting, although that is cost of maintenance. German cars have stupidly expensive maintenance requirements (like changing brake fluid every two years, etc.).

Comment

Mine are 19 (Subaru) and 22 (VW) on the list. Then there's my Ford Excursion (13) which I almost don't drive and so almost don't maintain. Exclude it and I don't think I've ever owned vehicle names in the top half (1-15) of the most expensive to maintain.

It's interesting that VW is 19 and Audi is at 5.
        Last edited by KC; 10-06-2016, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KC View Post
          Mine are 19 (Subaru) and 22 (VW) on the list. Then there's my Ford Excursion (13) which I almost don't drive and so almost don't maintain. Exclude it and I don't think I've ever owned vehicle names in the top half (1-15) of the most expensive to maintain.

It's interesting that VW is 19 and Audi is at 5.
          One thing that would bump Audi up a bunch is the AWD - majority of their cars have it, while not all of the VW's do. I know my A3 if I were to get the AWD and DSG serviced at Audi it would be over a grand.

I have driven VW/Audi now for the better part of a decade and they have been fantastic - GTI, then A3 followed by my current 07 A3.

Richard at Dubsport has been my go to guy and saved me thousands over the dealership for service. But overall aside from regular oil changes the cars have all been great, its just the transmission service that gets pricey since I service the awd myself.

Comment

The Subaru is going to be going on the block soon and so I’m going to be shopping again soon for a replacement “SUV” though they are all still just station wagons to me. Even more so recently as off-road utility-like capabilities are lessrned it eliminated for old station wagon characteristics.

Might look at used full size SUVs (Suburban, Sequoia, Expedition, etc.) any thoughts or experiences with them?

Fun to watch:

Before Crossovers & SUVs there were.... STATION WAGONS- 1966 Model Comparison

Published on Jul 8, 2017 1966 Chevrolet promotional clip comparing their latest models to Plymouth & Ford
            Last edited by KC; 13-05-2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X