Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your opinions on the 2011/2012 Ford Fusion AWD (Sport or SEL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^hmm I've thought about this a lot, and there are so many variables to consider that it's actually more of a case by case decision. For example some questions I ask are:

-How long will I keep the car? If I plan on keeping it a long time, then the first 5 years under warranty will ensure I won't be throwing away cash into a money pit and will help decide if I will keep the car beyond 5 years. (This is usually done with a cost comparison chart).

-What will it's main use be? Will it be our second car and just get me to work/my hockey games and back? If that's it purpose, no point in getting something new and expensive when I could get something a few dollars cheaper.

-Does the newer model have something that I actually really want or need? Maybe Bluetooth speaker and mic, Navigation, safer, new transmission, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by JBear View Post
      ^hmm I've thought about this a lot, and there are so many variables to consider that it's actually more of a case by case decision. For example some questions I ask are:

-How long will I keep the car? If I plan on keeping it a long time, then the first 5 years under warranty will ensure I won't be throwing away cash into a money pit and will help decide if I will keep the car beyond 5 years. (This is usually done with a cost comparison chart).

-What will it's main use be? Will it be our second car and just get me to work/my hockey games and back? If that's it purpose, no point in getting something new and expensive when I could get something a few dollars cheaper.

-Does the newer model have something that I actually really want or need? Maybe Bluetooth speaker and mic, Navigation, safer, new transmission, etc...
      that's true. keep in mind though that the 15-20K savings from buying a used 3 yr old car can pay for a LOT of transmissions and repair jobs. given the quality and reliability of cars these days, you're guaranteed to come out ahead.

Comment

I purchased a 2010 Ford Fusion Sport with AWD. Got it loaded. It is a very fun car to drive. The sport package really allows the car to hug the road. The ride is also a sport ride, stuffer springs but I prefer that. I hate that floaty ride some car suspensions give. The fit and finsh is excellent. I love the nav system and satellite radio. I also love how I am able to stream music from my iPhone to my car wirelessly. The sync system allows me to make phone calls hands free. The leather seats are very comfortable and the heated seat option is a must in winter. Sunroof/moonroof is a must have, I love mine! I also really like the little extras like ambient lighting.

I have had this car for 31,000 k now. It's ridiculously flawless. There is a Reason it was the 2010 motor trend car of the year.
        Last edited by Cardinal Fang; 24-07-2011, 10:38 PM.
        Stop illegal aliens! Enforce the LAW!

Comment

^ I went and bought a 2010 Ford Fusion Sport AWD two weekend ago. It was lightly used. It comes fully loaded minus the navigation package.

Loving the car so far. Only thing so far is that I have to have the Sync/APIM system looked at, it's headed in to Ford for some warranty repairs on it. none of the sync inputs are working (usb/bluetooth/line in).

I thought only the hybrid version won car of the year, that said, it's still a great car.
          A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

^its interesting, latest quality surveys for Ford have nosedived in the last year because of the Sync type technology causing problems / frustrations.

Comment

In between cars, I drove around in a 2011 Ford Flex rental, and it has the newer version of sync system... It worked awesome...

I'll try to update this thread when it gets fixed...
              A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

John LeBlanc’s top 10 worst best-selling cars

Ford Fusion

With 12,619* examples sold through the end of July, so far this year, the Fusion is the best-selling family sedan in Canada. Now perhaps it’s the seemingly endless purchase incentives that Ford Canada incessantly offers. Or the sheer number of Ford dealers across this country. But despite its popularity, the Fusion is outclassed by many of its rivals.

For example: the dynamic Korean duo of the Hyundai Sonata and Kia Optima offer nicer interiors, more sophisticated drivetrains — and in the case of the Optima — much more athletic driving characteristics.
                http://www.wheels.ca/article/799488

Comment

WHAT A BUNCH OF BIASED BS!!!!!!!!!

"I have rented the Hyundai Sonata and own a 2011 Ford Fusion. While the console in the Sonata is more updated, everything else in the interior is much less quality than the Fusion. Sonata has cheap hard plastics throughout, more road noise and crappy suspension. Fusion has soft plastics inside, better ride, agility, smooth ride, more features than the Sonata. Engine wise, Sonata definitely better. But overall, Fusion is an excellent car, even Consumer Reports says so."

Korean bias is what that crap article is all about!

Comment

^Versus an old Japanese platform? I guess isn't as wowed as you are by the adjustable color ambient lights. Fusion is a very old platform now, based off an old Mazda 6 (engines are outclassed as well versus the new direct injection units in the market).
                    Last edited by moahunter; 03-10-2011, 09:01 PM.

Comment

"Why do you have such an obvious Mexican/Korean bias? At the same time you berate canadian built cars. Better economy, reliability, lower cost of ownership and better quality are not enough to convince you, but thankfully the Canadian public knows better. Coming from a REAL car guy (not an ad guy), the smart thing would be to buy a corrola to get to work cheaply and reliably and have a sports car for the weekend. So now you are informed. Buy Canadian!"

" Your beloved Kia is still a cheaply made car compared to japanese competitors, and when you factor in depriciation the cost of ownership is often 2 to 3 times as much. Many of the cars on the list are canadian built and we do build some of the best cars in the world despite your obvious mexican/koreon bias."
                      Last edited by Cardinal Fang; 03-10-2011, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                        Originally posted by richardW View Post
                        a 2001 saturn SC1!!! jesus! an upgrade is long overdue.
                        The old car costs nothing except gas, insurance and regular maintenance... never needed anything else...had it almost 8 years now. (bought it slightly used)...I wanted to upgrade next year... but I guess not now... I could have paid cash next year for a new car... now will have to finance part of it. No idea why someone would want to steal either...
                        Saturn S-series were great cars, my 1998 SL2 towed a boat across BC and is still running great. Don't know why anyone would have bought the coupe instead of the sedan or wagon though. Hard to fit more than 2 people in and butt-ugly.

As for the Fusion, It's unfortunate that Ford won't let you have AWD on the base model with the 2.4 L engine and 6 speed manual transmission. When a bigger boat and a baby prompted a bigger vehicle I went for the Subaru Outback to get the surprisingly hard to find 4 cylinder / AWD / manual transmission combo.

Comment

Wow, 2013 model might be worth waiting for

http://www.wheels.ca/article/802037

Comment

don't like the grill at all. (though I like all the other aspects of it...)

My 2010 will do for now.

Comment

I hope they keep the ambient lightning option!

Comment

Originally posted by Titanium48 View Post

As for the Fusion, It's unfortunate that Ford won't let you have AWD on the base model with the 2.4 L engine and 6 speed manual transmission. When a bigger boat and a baby prompted a bigger vehicle I went for the Subaru Outback to get the surprisingly hard to find 4 cylinder / AWD / manual transmission combo.
                                i agree with this. i am looking for something with awd but they all seem to have the worst engine options. 4 speed automatic on a awd Rav4? really toyota? what garbage
                                be offended! figure out why later...

Comment

Working...
                                X