No announcement yet.

Anthony Henday Drive | South West Leg | Completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just fill that ditch, pave over it. Put a cement barrier down the middle where the lights are adding two lanes each way. Expand the bridges
    Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

• Maybe by outside they mean the left
      Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

• Lots of flagging and marking going up ... so it begins!
        A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• I don't see any work happening as of yet
          “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• I imagine the ultimate design will be four lanes each way (one inside and one right).
            "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

• For most of the road the subgrade was designed for at least one more lane on the inside one more lane on the outside.
              The most expensive parts will be widening the North Saskatchewan, Blackmud, Wedgewood Ravine and Whitemud Freeway bridges.
              Eventually when they add a lane inside they'll probably replace the ditch with concrete Jersey medians

Comment

• So the 135 St exit is finally open, which takes a lot of pressure of 111 St. The widening can't come soon enough.

Comment

• Is there a cool video to show us how they will do the widening? Those are always fun to watch and get a better understanding of what and how it'll be done.

Comment

• Don't know why they didn't do this now, but surely will as Heritage Valley Trail (aka 135 St.) extends southwards from Ellerslie Rd. I'm talking about the new on-ramp onto AHD eastbound. It's very long, and IMO, should have been extended a couple of hundred metres to link with the off-ramp to 111 St. This would be a boon to those coming from south of Ellerslie Rd. and wishing to go north on 111 St., thereby cutting out five sets of traffic lights going via Ellerslie Rd. east to its intersection with 111 St.
                    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

• Work has started at the Henday/Whitemud interchange, prepping for the new NB bridge.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatestX View Post
                        Work has started at the Henday/Whitemud interchange, prepping for the new NB bridge.
                        I was wondering what was going on. The City has a little blurb on their Traffic Disruptions page but no other information available. Do you know if there is more information available regarding this project?

Comment

• Province is pretty scarce on info https://www.alberta.ca/edmonton-ring-road.aspx#toc-1
                          A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                            What else do you expect from the united cancel party? they most likely cut the guys job who was in charge of making the info for the public

Comment

• I wouldn't really say this is a UCP problem, as AB Trans has rarely been very open or transparent about what its doing beyond the bare minimum, not related to party, as was the case with UCP, NDP, PC before them. Just the way that department is run.

Comment

• Saw a little blurb on the Global this morning that the southeast part of the Henday will be expecting delays due to speed reduction. I'm assuming this is due to the widening but they didn't really give more details.

Comment

Working...
                                X