Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ BTW, what is that structure ?

Comment

• I think it’s the photo radar workers coffee room. lol. I got two tickets there before I finally clued in. They pose as city utility maintenance vans and such. Seriously, I’m not sure
      Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

• If I had to guess I'd say it has something to do with the automatic de-icing sprayers installed on that particular bridge. Purely speculation though.

EDIT: http://www.geometrixgroup.ca/project...ing-pumphouse/
        Last edited by Alex.L; 10-09-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• I think Alex is right I vaguely remember them building it before the de-icing experiment

Comment

• Originally posted by Medwards View Post
            135 street interchange is not part of this widening.
            Which is really too bad. Instead of getting ahead of the game, where they know they will need it, they will just wait until this area becomes a problem and will rush to get it done to try and fix a problem.
            LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

• Scope creep is real. Can't do everything or there's no way the $ will be approved.

Comment

• There is no real need for the interchange yet.

Scope creep is real... and so are budgets.
                A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• 135 Street/Anthony Henday Drive Connection

A future interchange is planned west of the existing 127 Street connection to Anthony Henday Drive to provide access to the Heritage Valley area to the south. The first 2 lanes of 135 Street will be constructed north of Ellerslie Road with ramp connections that align with the future interchange location.
                  from https://www.edmonton.ca/projects_pla...onnection.aspx

Comment

• Please be advised of an upcoming public meeting to provide information on the Anthony Henday Drive Widening Project.

Widening will occur on Anthony Henday Drive (Highway 216) between Whitemud Drive and Highway 2 (Calgary Trail) adding one traffic lane in each direction. Construction will start October 2019 and is anticipated to be completed in fall 2022.

The meeting will provide information on the project scope, construction schedule and the prime contractor, Carmacks Enterprise Ltd.

Anthony Henday Widening
                    Whitemud Drive to Hwy 2 (Calgary Trail)
                    Pre-Construction Public Meeting, Sept 26, 2019
                    Drop In between 5 and 8 pm
                    Ellerslie Rugby Park
                    11004 Ellerslie Rd SW

Comment

• I attended the open house, it will indeed be 6 lanes from Calgary Trail to the Whitemud. Construction starts in October.

Comment

• Did anyone make it to the public meeting tonight? If so, any key items to share such as more detailed schedules, phases, etc?

Comment

• More importantly - was there any confirmation as to where exactly those extra lanes will be?
                          “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                            More importantly - was there any confirmation as to where exactly those extra lanes will be?
                            Each direction will have a lane added on the outside from Calgary Trail to the Whitemud.

Comment

• To the outside... that's seems odd and more complicated to me. Why wouldn't they expand the inside. It would have zero impact to traffic. Adding on the outside will affect all merge and exit lanes. Anyone know the reason for this?
                              Also, I can't find ANY material online. Anyone have a link to anything other than the announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by KMart View Post
                                To the outside... that's seems odd and more complicated to me. Why wouldn't they expand the inside. It would have zero impact to traffic. Adding on the outside will affect all merge and exit lanes. Anyone know the reason for this?
                                Also, I can't find ANY material online. Anyone have a link to anything other than the announcement?
                                Looks like the spacing between the EB / WB from 111st to at least the river is pretty tight, so adding another lane + shoulder in there would put the two too close together for proper safety. They already need a safety fence in between, if that gets even closer, with lighting poles in there too, I'd imagine it's just too unsafe.

Comment

Working...
                                X