No announcement yet.

Yellowhead Trail | Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why should this LRT project never exist? I know of lots of people in NW and North Edmonton that drive all the way to Clareview or Belvedere station just to catch the LRT to downtown. When searching for a house, my family has largely ruled out NW Edmonton due to a lack of fast transit options to get downtown. I would also assume that connecting LRT to Edmonton's largest suburb of St. Albert has to be a long term priority of the city.

Comment

• It's the driver entitlement thing. All monies should go towards roadway projects, and nothing for LRT or bike lanes.
      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• ^^^Compared to most other components of the rebuild, straightening the northward bend in the Yellowhead is low cost. The city already owns the small amount of land required. This will allow CN to reclaim some land for its railyard and make room for the building of a pier for the LRT bridge.

There should be no impact on Northgate Industries and the other businesses located south of the Yellowhead and east of the existing 121 Street. Not sure why the City would want to expropriate this land. Seems like an unnecessary cost if this is indeed the plan.

Comment

• I'm not saying that the money should go to other road projects. Just that it should be used on a LRT line with more density/ useage. Build the center line before expanding this line out of Blatchford. Conect downtown better with a full system, then build out. Rather than this LRT bridge, build the one over the River.
          As for the Yellowhead not being a big expense to move the road, I'm just saying its not nessasary.

Comment

• What center line?
            the line heading out to st albert is a pretty important line with decent ridership estimates.

Fixing the yellowhead alignment is pretty important too, and not really that costly, in the grand scheme of the entire yellowhead project.
            A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• I think the "Center Line" he's talking about is the one that was recently proposed for Whyte between the U of A and Bonnie Doon.

Comment

• Originally posted by kkozoriz View Post
                I think the "Center Line" he's talking about is the one that was recently proposed for Whyte between the U of A and Bonnie Doon.
                Yes... I believe this area alone out numbers Northwest Edmonton and St.Albert for possible riders. Lets focus on connecting and developing the core of this city. Blatchford line can just eliminate in Blatchford. BRT is the way to go for anything coming from St.Albert/ NW Edmonton. If they are redoing the Yellowhead, maybe incorporate a BRT lane for East to West movement and have a new station tie in with the Blatchford LRT and also with a Via Rail Station as well.

Comment

• The Center line is the last line the city will work on, after WLRT, NWLRT, and SELRT... The Center is actually not even on the city's radar any more... I dont see how the 300,000 people living in the NW and St Albert are any less of citizens of Alberta than those that are south of the yellowhead.... and I also don't see how a BRT/bus lane along yellowhead does anything for anyone.

Comment

Working...
                  X