North-South Freeway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sundance View Post
    With AHD there is less of a need for a north south freeway. Perhaps the LRT also helps to remove some traffic, might improve a bit when the Mill Woods LRT opens
    Sort of accurate. If someone lives in a central neighborhood, driving to the Henday to go south is out of their way. A freeway through downtown would help people move there who work further out.

Comment

• Reverse commuting in Edmonton is great as it is, and no freeway is required for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by GranaryMan View Post

Sort of accurate. If someone lives in a central neighborhood, driving to the Henday to go south is out of their way. A freeway through downtown would help people move there who work further out.
        Of course it's out of their way, it's 20-30km away. A freeway isn't going to reduce that distance. A long commute like that doesn't need to be fast, but easy would be nice. Currently, they'd be going against traffic most of the way, which makes for an easy drive. A freeway might save 5 mins off a 25-30min drive. Hardly worth it for the billions it would cost.

We live in a central hood (Holyrood). I don't find getting south (or north TBH) to be hard or time consuming conisdering the distance. I've gotten to the airport in under 20mins before, but it usually takes 25-30mins. SEC in 15-20mins. I wouldn't work in Nisku and live where I do. And if I did, I wouldn't complain about the drive since it was a choice to live centrally.

Comment

• Never mind a North-South freeway, the draft City Plan shows 75 St and 170 St downgraded to 'Principal Roadways', effectively killing off the Inner Ring Road.

Comment

Working...
          X