No announcement yet.

Ray Gibbon Drive Edmonton / St Albert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's an obvious election ploy...but I'll take it.

I've been living here (St. Albert) since before Ray Gibbon was built and it has become increasingly congested over the years.
    Even if it could be twinned north-bound as far as the R/O cut off at LeClair (by the Enjoy Center), this would at least put an end to the gongshow fail that is the (supposed to be) zipper merge after the 137 Ave lights.
    I have seen people driven up onto the curb here so many times over the years that I've lost count!

What is with people? Left lane backed up to the Henday bridge on 184th, full of "lemmings"...refusing to let the right lane merge.
    Drives me crazy.
    I've written numerous letters to St. Albert over the years literally begging for this simple fix, but never a reply.
    It's a simple matter of flat work; nothing more than grading, paving, and reconfiguration of the intersection at LeClair.

And that all said?

Sorry Rachel, but you're still not getting my vote.

Nice try though...

Comment

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/ray-gibb...ince-1.4684430

EDMONTON -- The Ray Gibbon Drive twinning in St. Albert will go ahead, despite some of the budgetary cuts the UCP government is making.
      Budget 2019 set aside $4.4 billion for highway projects, including $54.2 million for St. Albert's Ray Gibbon Drive.

Twinning between Anthony Henday Drive and McKenney Drive is expected to begin next year and completed by 2024, said Brooklyn Elhard, the press secretary for the Ministry of Transportation.

The remainder of the project is expected to be finished by 2030.

St. Albert and the province will share the cost of the project equally.
      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

This is (quasi) good news as our local authority (St. Albert council) had already committed to getting it done, using deficit financing if required.
        This commitment serves to mitigate what I had seen as a percentage of my anticipated tax increase...which is (of course-it's St. Albert) preordained.

I'd be a lot happier if St. Albert applied their money to tying this into HWY2 north of Jensen lakes. This creates the irrefutable situation where the Provincial Highway designation moves from St. Albert Trail to Ray Gibbon...and that changes everything.
        Just saying...

Comment

The province will make it happen, just not fast enough.
          Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

Working...
          X