No announcement yet.

Scramble Crosswalk Intersections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is Edmonton of less than 1 million. NOT Tokyo of 10's of millions. Just another slow order for vehicle traffic. Bravo...
    Make the RIGHT choice before you take your last breath......

Comment

Only intersection in this city where a scramble would work is Whyte Ave and Gateway. Turning movements are hindered in all directions due to pedestrians as there are typically enough peds at a given cycle to delay movements.

The one installed at Jasper and 104th is laughable.

Comment

Yeah, I'd be a big supporter of one at Whyte and Gateway, both as a pedestrian and as a driver.
        They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

Its changed my behavior/patterns in which I traverse thats for sure..

Comment

Originally posted by B.ike View Post
            Only intersection in this city where a scramble would work is Whyte Ave and Gateway. Turning movements are hindered in all directions due to pedestrians as there are typically enough peds at a given cycle to delay movements.

The one installed at Jasper and 104th is laughable.
            it takes longer to wait through two light cycles than it used to take to walk on one direction with the traffic and then in the ninety degree direction and you’re forced to make the full wait even if your only crossing in one direction. i’m seeing more and more people simply ignore the don’t walk signal and walking with the traffic flow... my guess is the colder it gets the more that will increase.

i also went through 104 avenue and 102 street this afternoon and saw much the same thing... can anyone spell s t u p i d?
            "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

They're doing another scramble crosswalk pilot at 103/103 by month end. Not sure how this will fare, given the Ice District construction.
              “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Could the 104 Av intersections be adaptively managed? Traditional sequencing would make more sense most of the time, but scramble might be better for periods immediately before and after events at Rogers Place.

Comment

Working...
                X