No announcement yet.

Stoney Trail Calgary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does it seem that lately Calgary is awash in federal cash while Edmonton gets much less?
    Time spent in the Rockies is never deducted from the rest of your life

Comment

• Originally posted by Kitlope View Post
      Why does it seem that lately Calgary is awash in federal cash while Edmonton gets much less?
      Federal election coming soon, and who votes for who traditionally.
      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• Amazingly, he managed to say this with a straight face.

“This is not a government that believes in pork-barrel politics,” the defence minister and Calgary Southeast MP told reporters at the announcement in Calgary’s west end.

“This is a government that believes in economically important infrastructure investments in the context of balanced budgets and low taxes. We can walk and chew gum at the same time.”

http://calgaryherald.com/news/politi...gary-ring-road

Comment

• Originally posted by Kitlope View Post
          Why does it seem that lately Calgary is awash in federal cash while Edmonton gets much less?
          “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• So no Con election goodies for Edmonton then?
            “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Yet?

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

• ^I'm quietly, and with no basis or foundation for it, hoping that maybe the SE line will get funding to be built in full to WEM. That would seem to be fair given the Calgary line announcement. Stoney Trail was always going to get funded I guess, since AHD did (not that I think its a smart use of money).

Comment

• Originally posted by moahunter View Post
                  ^I'm quietly, and with no basis or foundation for it, hoping that maybe the SE line will get funding to be built in full to WEM. That would seem to be fair given the Calgary line announcement. Stoney Trail was always going to get funded I guess, since AHD did (not that I think its a smart use of money).
                  Based on history, if Calgary is in receipt of government funding or support for a project, Edmonton is viewed as "whiners" for wanting similar resources. Interesting enough, there is the widespread perception across the south that "whatever Edmonton gets, Calgary gets too."

Comment

• SW section a go:
                    http://www.alberta.ca/release.cfm?xI...68D918B4CFDF3E
                    http://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2016/07/15/...ucture-funding

Comment

• Well based off of the last time I drove through the city, they desperately need something done because traffic in Calgary is horrendous.
                      LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

• Nice of them to get federal funding for their ring road; I don't think the feds chipped in on the Henday.

Comment

• At least Calgary's screwing Canada and not just Edmonton and the rest I the province. I hope some national media picks up on this... I just don't expect it to be any of the Sun newspapers.
                          I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Comment

• I don't expect any media outlet to pick up on it. Canada and especially Alberta love jerking Calgary off

Comment

• “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                                Nice of them to get federal funding for their ring road; I don't think the feds chipped in on the Henday.
                                Given Stoney trail was going to be paid for by the province, just like AHD, isnt it a good thing if the federal government instead pays (freeing up cash for the province to spend on other things)? Neither road was paid for by their respective cities. Personally I think they should have been built with tolls, but so be it.

Comment

Working...
                                X