No announcement yet.

Sherwood Park Councillor being blackmailed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gariepy can kiss the female votes goodbye. There may be a few guys in Sherwood Park pumping their fists and yelling 'go Gariepy go' and 'yur duh man' but I think they are few and far between. He should start updating his resume and polish up what he is going to say if he is asked what he likes to do in his spare time.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      Gariepy can kiss the female votes goodbye. There may be a few guys in Sherwood Park pumping their fists and yelling 'go Gariepy go' and 'yur duh man' but I think they are few and far between. He should start updating his resume and polish up what he is going to say if he is asked what he likes to do in his spare time.
      Very few men, I'd suggest. I'm male and see nothing worthwhile in the guy. I think he'll get killed at the pools.

Comment

If his wife can't trust him why should I?

Comment

Originally posted by SP59 View Post
          If his wife can't trust him why should I?
          It's a perennial question, whether dishonesty in the bedroom can be taken as an omen of dishonesty in other facets of one's life. Personally, I can think of about a dozen politicians, all known philanderers, who I would have trusted over Richard Nixon, who was by all accounts monogamous.

For me, the biggest problem with Gariepy is not his dishonestly, but his indiscretion. I mean, come on, he reveals his strip-club exploits, all but naming fellow councillors as his accomplices, to someone he has only ever met on-line? Not smart at all.

Comment

It's also a question of naivety in this electronic age. It's one thing to talk suggestively to someone on-line/text/email, but when you start sending compromising pictures it's a whole new ball game (Anthony Weiner joke). A lot of people get that as 'crossing the line'. That's where the bad judgement comes in. Then there is the matter of trying to throw some of his peers under the bus. I don't care that he went to a strip joint as long as it was not on the public's dime. I don't care to hear about it or his flings. He could have approached all the people who got an envelope with the incriminating info and asked them to keep it under their hats while the police investigated. Maybe he thought he would get the sympathy vote by disclosing this. He supposedly went on a web-site for spouses looking to have affairs. No sympathy here.

Comment

It's also a question of naivety in this electronic age.
              Yeah, it truly amazes me how long it's taking people to catch up on the pitfalls of internet disclosures.

Basic rule: If you wouldn't want the whole world to know about something, don't put it on the internet. At least not under your own name.

Comment

It's also a question of naivety in this electronic age. It's one thing to talk suggestively to someone on-line/text/email, but when you start sending compromising pictures it's a whole new ball game (Anthony Weiner joke). A lot of people get that as 'crossing the line'. That's where the bad judgement comes in. Then there is the matter of trying to throw some of his peers under the bus. I don't care that he went to a strip joint as long as it was not on the public's dime. I don't care to hear about it or his flings. He could have approached all the people who got an envelope with the incriminating info and asked them to keep it under their hats while the police investigated. Maybe he thought he would get the sympathy vote by disclosing this. He supposedly went on a web-site for spouses looking to have affairs. No sympathy here.
                Most of my older friends won't even go on Facebook as it's too public for what they see as personal information and photos. In 10-15 years that thinking may be a relict of a long gone age and near anything might go.

In many ways you can tell we're still in transition though from past 'Victorian' beliefs. Eg girls can wear bikini swimwear in any pool any there isn't a boy anywhere that hasn't seen a lot of skin in swim class. However should a girl wear something half as 'revealing' in the regular class, parents and teachers all freak out.

Comment

^My views of Facebook are the same as Betty Whites. Yes, people see lots of skin in swim class etc. but I think wearing a bikini in regular class would be somewhat of a distraction. Plus social norms don't dictate you jump in the pool fully dressed just like they dictate you don't go to class in your underwear or swim suites.
                  He may have been 'poached' by the person trying to blackmail him. Unfortunately for him, he took the bait.

Comment

Looks like Mr. Gariepy will now have even more time to devote to those professional bonding sessions.

link

Comment

Working...
                    X