X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional economic development now a reality

http://capitalregionboard.ab.ca/reca...now-a-reality/
    May 24, 2017
    (EDMONTON May 24, 2017) Fourteen regional municipalities have voted to create a new organization to promote the Edmonton Metropolitan Region to the world.

Each member of the Capital Region Board had the opportunity to decide to become a shareholder in the new entity. The City of Leduc was first to indicate its participation May 11, joined quickly by Strathcona County, Parkland County and Bon Accord.

Ten other members have voted to become shareholders in the new entity since, most at council meetings this week: Beaumont, Devon, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, Leduc County, Morinville, Spruce Grove, St. Albert, Stony Plain, and Sturgeon County. Gibbons will vote tonight.

The deadline to join is today.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

• This will be great for the Capital Region.
      "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

• ^ This will be great for the Edmonton Metro Region.
        “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• ^Like.
          “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

• I would like to see Millet and Wetaskiwin included
            Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

• ^ why? They really don't have much to do with the Edmonton Metro region.
              A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• While I agree that a boundary that large would be problematic, those two towns do have a lot to do with Edmonton.
                President and CEO - Airshow.

Comment

• gotta draw the line somewhere.
                  A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• But why Millet and Wetaskiwin specifically? Camrose and Vegreville are also about the same distance from Edmonton - at that point, you may as well draw a 100 km radius circle around Legislature and call it a day.

I'm also not too happy with Edmonton only getting one vote, but I guess regional unity is more important. Oh well.

Comment

• Edmonton have one vote is right because look at the European Union, they have 28 members and each countries have one vote. Germany have the largest population of 82 million and Malta have only 429,000

so super board for Edmonton area is on right path as each city or town have only one vote.
                      Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Comment

• as long as Edmonton is the only one with veto, no problem.

Comment

• ^^The problem with these comparison is in European Union there are several countries of a Simpson size, France and Italy for example. In the Edmonton region there is nothing comparable but they all want equal representation and contribute practically nothing.

Comment

• I think the Metro communities should contribute more to NATO.

Comment

• I think the European Union is several levels removed from being an appropriate model of comparison for the Edmonton region.

Comment

• I think the Alberta Heartland needs to get on the horn about this:

http://edmontonjournal.com/opinion/c...emistry-sector

Comment

Working...
                                X