No announcement yet.

Edmonton’s neighbours ready to sign on to create regional transit commission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmonton’s neighbours ready to sign on to create regional transit commission

Edmonton’s neighbours ready to sign on to create regional transit commission

The number of communities that want to be part of a proposed regional transit commission for the Edmonton area is set to grow.

Local mayors have confirmed to Global News that what started as a partnership between Edmonton and St. Albert will soon also include Parkland County, the Town of Morinville, the City of Leduc and others.

On June 26, Parkland County councillors voted in favour of joining the commission, according to Mayor Rod Shaigec.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

The death of Greyhound has likely made this an imperative.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Greyhound had extremely little to nothing to do with this.
      My hope is that you can finally get rid of the anger in your heart, and fill it with peace, compassion, understanding, and a desire to uplift rather than suppress.

After all, we are all together on this home, this pale blue dot, the "only home we've ever known.”

Comment

I agree; i think it is just a matter of organic growth that is bursting at the seams hence this ptagmatic move. All municipalities surrounding Edmonton has become one with the city.
        " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

Originally posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
          I agree; i think it is just a matter of organic growth that is bursting at the seams hence this ptagmatic move. All municipalities surrounding Edmonton has become one with the city.
          Idk if I’d go that far...
          "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Edmonton is a little easier to get around with the Anthony Henday ring road complete.
            "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

Working...
            X