No announcement yet.

City of Edmonton announces annexation plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You mean at Cold Lake? Ya they startle the horses sometimes.
    Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Medwards View Post
      Originally posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
      I'm not up-to-date on this, but was Nisku not part of the original requests.

As per tax angle, Edmonton is higher, but if one look at our industrial parks, the roads are paved not dirt gravel roads- at least that was what I saw a few years back.
      Nisku has never been part of the ask. It's always been farmland in Leduc County and EIA. Existing built up areas in Leduc County (like Nisku) or Leduc City, Edmonton is not interested in. I doubt Edmonton would ever have any interest in annexing nisku with all its shtty neglected infrastructure that would need to be brought up to Edmonton standards if it did go through and annex it.

Again, this is a farmland grab to allow for growth over the next 50-100 years, and to protect/enhance the corridor to EIA, including the ROW for future LRT to it.
      The northern part of Nisku, Ledcor and the adjoining industrial subdivision was part of the original annexation plan.
      “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

• Nisku should be split between Edmonton and Leduc. It really isn't the place of a rural municipality to be developing industrial subdivisions right on the edge of a city or town.
        Last edited by Highlander II; 01-12-2016, 08:12 PM. Reason: Auto corrected "Nisku" to "Miami", of all things.
        There can only be one.

Comment

• ^Acheson, red water, the 2-3 other rural counties with large industries but little population as well
          A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• Good news. Whoever controls the land politically, it's is going to feature the same economic strengths/weaknesses/opportunities/threats.

But if Edmonton controls it, we're more likely to get rail to the airport.

So good news.
            Let's make Edmonton better.

Comment

• lets not jumping for good news so fast ^^^
              Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini
                Do Air Force jets/bombers make as much noise as passenger planes like 747 etc. Air Force planes sound very loud when they fly low.

Depends on what planes you're comparing. But in general military jets like F-18's are far louder on take-off and landing than commercial airliners. I camped a few miles from a major US Navy base in September (
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Air_Station_Whidbey_Island), and it was unreal how loud it was with all the F-18's and P-3's flying around. I get a kick out of watching jets flying, but after about 30 minutes it starts to get pretty old. Especially when they're just doing touch and go's over and over again, not anything particularly interesting to watch.

Comment

• Re. commercial airliers, when I lived in Leduc it seemed that 737s and, prior to their demise, DC9s were the loudest. Larger planes like 767s, 330s, etc. seemed to make less noise.
                  Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

• Originally posted by JayBee View Post
                    Good news. Whoever controls the land politically, it's is going to feature the same economic strengths/weaknesses/opportunities/threats.

But if Edmonton controls it, we're more likely to get rail to the airport.

So good news.
                    I'm hoping for that as well.
                    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

• Edmonton and Leduc reach deal on airport through annexation bid

http://edmontonjournal.com/business/...annexation-bid

Edmonton and Leduc County are expected to finalize an annexation deal Friday that includes a new framework for managing the Edmonton International Airport.
                      Officials from four jurisdictions — Edmonton, Leduc, Leduc County and the airport authority — are gathering to announce the new deal Friday morning at the airport, calling it an Inter-Jurisdiction Co-operation Accord, according to a new release sent out Thursday.

Edmonton city council approved the deal after an in-camera discussion Tuesday, but it’s waiting for all partners before releasing the details publicly.
                      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• https://twitter.com/CityofEdmonton/s...40990529126400

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Edmonton International Airport will remain Leduc International Airport. Iveson failed a simple task. Where is Mandel when you need him. NDP failed Edmonton - no surprise there.

Comment

• The whole point of this annexation was to annex the airport. Why even bother with this?

Iveson sucks. I hope someone competent runs for mayor next election.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdmTrekker View Post
                              Edmonton International Airport will remain Leduc International Airport. Iveson failed a simple task. Where is Mandel when you need him. NDP failed Edmonton - no surprise there.
                              http://myemail.constantcontact.com/J...id=sPlqpnrEc9E

City of Leduc will get the airport not Edmonton according to this tweet:

"Elise Stolte‏Verified account @estolte 28m28 minutes ago
                              More
                              Now onto the airport deal -- joint agreement to be signed today with two parties, airport and City of Leduc. #yegcc"

"Elise Stolte‏Verified account @estolte 7m7 minutes ago
                              More
                              Yes, @doniveson just kissed Leduc County Mayor John Whaley on the cheek. #yegcc #yegmetro"

Really?
                              Last edited by EdmTrekker; 30-06-2017, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• So Edmonton residents will pay Leduc money to allow Edmonton to build sprawl, which will cost more to service than will ever generate in tax revenue. Sounds like a very good deal to me (for Leduc). Once again, decisions by COE aren't being made with the interests of Edmonton residents in mind, they are being made to enrich speculators who have invested in that farmland between COE and "Leduc" Airport. I wonder how long before we see Iveson retired and working for a property development company?
                                Last edited by moahunter; 30-06-2017, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X