X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osinchuk Vying for (Strathcona County) Mayor

Osinchuk Vying for (Strathcona County) Mayor

Posted By Catherine Griwkowsky, Sherwood Park News Staff

The first mayoral candidate has emerged for the 2010 municipal election.

Ward 3 Coun. Linda Osinchuk officially announced Monday that she is seeking the office of the mayor for Strathcona County to a crowd of about 120 people at Salvatores restaurant.

"After nine years as an elected official, I looked at where this community is right now and my role," she said.

http://www.sherwoodparknews.com/Arti...aspx?e=2526280
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

hmmm... does this "LRT to the doorstep sooner rather than later" mean they are prepared to share the cost and play along with a possible regional transit?

Comment

Iris, Cathy, and now possibly Linda? Pattern?

I liked this

Osinchuk told the News the next five to six years will be crucial to the community. She said she wants to work on moving forward with the work done on the Capital Region Board.
      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Healthy competition is a good thing - I hope it helps inspire more people get out to vote this time around.

Comment

Early polls:

Linda Osinchuk: 104
          Cathy Olesen: 89

2 of 27 polls reporting

Comment

Oleson - toast
            Osinchuk - new mayor

http://www.sherwoodparknews.com/Arti...aspx?e=2805498
            “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Congratulations Linda! Also, congratulations to a young Ward 3 councillor, Brian Botterill. It's great to see a new perspective on council.

Comment

This is great news, I really dislike Cathy. Congrats Linda!!

Comment

Will Linda be any better?

I don't really have much hope for Strathcona County politicians. At every level they have been disappointing.

Comment

I had the impression that Cathy was always angry with Edmonton.
                    The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes then steal your dreams.
                    It's heaven and hell!

Comment

Cathy sure like to fram Edmonton as the "BIG BAD CITY" I am glad she is out.
                      "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

I get the impression Osinchuk is more Edmonton-friendly, which bodes well for the regional board.
                        “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                          I get the impression Osinchuk is more Edmonton-friendly, which bodes well for the regional board.
                          I hope that is true. What I find most disappointing about her platform, however, is her commitment to supporting burried transmission lines in the TUC.

Comment

It's funny the always talkative Cathy Olesen has not spoke to the media after last night's lost. Her campaign headquarters were not letting any media in last night and no one is answering the phone today. She must be taking her defeat hard. Good!

Let this be a lesson not to kiss the Alberta Tories butt even if promises were broken. I hope Iris Evans gets a hint.

Comment

Seeing Olesen and Osinchuk speak at the candidates' forum, I think Osinchuk was more receptive to regional co-operation. I think the thing that defeated Olesen was towing the line with respect to the province.

Comment

Working...
                              X