Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am amazed at the outcome. Not only myself but others candidates and the public at the forums were very vocal concerning the incumbents shortcomings, mismanagement, and perceived favoritism. And yet nothing changed. I am more upset that he won than I lost.

Do people just vote for the 'boss'? Or just want to be on the winning team? Or are they just sheep? Even though we try to sheepdogs to fight off the wolves, they still can't vote against the farmer.

Is the fix in? Several people said this to me in 2010 and 2013. 'What's the point of voting when they've already decided the outcome?"
    As I saw the same smirky grin no matter how much evidence was presented, I ran that thought through my head.

Or does the biggest sign win? Biggest signs were the incumbents, followed by whatisface, I would say.
    Does the public say "don't tell me stuff, just show me big pictures"?

For my campaign I also wonder. Many of my flyers ended up deep in other wards. People contacted me with the info; "hey *****, we're not in your ward".
    How did Canada Post screw up so badly when it had postal codes on it? Delivering stuff to the proper address is all that they do. They practice everyday. How do they screw up like this? I paid for 30,000. How many got there?
    Maybe we'll find out. I've laid a complaint with the Post Office Ombudsman.

The Public doesn't care. They'll get into big internet arguments about stupid stuff like 'what sports team is going to win the big sports award?' or 'who's stronger Superman or The Hulk?' like their soul was on the line, yet over matters that control their lives they have no interest. They shrug. They'd let slavery come back without arguing about it.

So I guess they get what they deserve.

Comment

Maybe the incumbent was more timely and on top of things??

Comment

You shouldn't take it personally, Terry. In municipal elections, the incumbent has an almost insurmountable advantage no matter who s/he is mostly because of the name recognition. Very few people follow municipal politics on a granular level. This is not just true in Edmonton.

Eve
        Last edited by EveB; 14-11-2013, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Rolls View Post
          I am amazed at the outcome. Not only myself but others candidates and the public at the forums were very vocal concerning the incumbents shortcomings, mismanagement, and perceived favoritism. And yet nothing changed. I am more upset that he won than I lost.

Do people just vote for the 'boss'? Or just want to be on the winning team? Or are they just sheep? Even though we try to sheepdogs to fight off the wolves, they still can't vote against the farmer.

Is the fix in? Several people said this to me in 2010 and 2013. 'What's the point of voting when they've already decided the outcome?"
          As I saw the same smirky grin no matter how much evidence was presented, I ran that thought through my head.

Or does the biggest sign win? Biggest signs were the incumbents, followed by whatisface, I would say.
          Does the public say "don't tell me stuff, just show me big pictures"?

For my campaign I also wonder. Many of my flyers ended up deep in other wards. People contacted me with the info; "hey *****, we're not in your ward".
          How did Canada Post screw up so badly when it had postal codes on it? Delivering stuff to the proper address is all that they do. They practice everyday. How do they screw up like this? I paid for 30,000. How many got there?
          Maybe we'll find out. I've laid a complaint with the Post Office Ombudsman.

The Public doesn't care. They'll get into big internet arguments about stupid stuff like 'what sports team is going to win the big sports award?' or 'who's stronger Superman or The Hulk?' like their soul was on the line, yet over matters that control their lives they have no interest. They shrug. They'd let slavery come back without arguing about it.

So I guess they get what they deserve.

Whoa. What a sore loser.
          “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Note to self: Never vote for Terry Rolls.
            “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Comment

So it's everyone else's fault when someone else gets elected?

I don't buy it.

Comment

Note to self; ignore buttkissers.

I forgot one. When we have the Rob Ford affect. When the public votes for someone even when they are so totally unsuitable for the job. See also Marion Barry in D.C..
                Or here in Edmonton. Mayor Hawrelak was so corrupt he went to prison. When he got out they re-elected him, and re-named the park after him.

What is it that gets them in? Does the public want somebody so beneath them so they can laugh at their antics and feel superior to politicians? Or so they feel like they're one of the boys?
                I guess that explains TV shows like Alligator Trucker Storage Swamp Bubbahs.

Comment

I forgot one. When we have the Rob Ford affect. When the public votes for someone even when they are so totally unsuitable for the job. See also Marion Barry in D.C..
                  Or here in Edmonton. Mayor Hawrelak was so corrupt he went to prison. When he got out they re-elected him, and re-named the park after him.

What is it that gets them in? Does the public want somebody so beneath them so they can laugh at their antics and feel superior to politicians? Or so they feel like they're one of the boys?
                  Wow Terry Rolls, the way you've conducted yourself on this thread I'm very glad you didn't get it. You have no place in politics. You have no poise and your certainly lack tact.
                  But ya, start drumming up conspiracies as to why you lost. The answer lies within you. I will remember this thread and your name should you ever try to run in my ward or for mayor or god forbid any thing higher.

Good riddance !!!

Comment

Hawrelak never went to prison. While I didn't vote for Caterina in this election, I can't say the guy hasn't done right by his ward. Things get done. Beverly has new community rinks and a new rec center in Abbottsfield. Roads are in great shape in the ward.
                    You sir, fit in perfectly with politics... you have no clue, no facts and you talk out of your ***. It makes my head spin why you didn't win the election.

Comment

Aw muffin
                      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Terry, two things:

(1) How was your fundraising prior to the election? Some people have additional resources during election time.

(2) There are still many other capacities where you can perform as a leader, like volunteering or community leagues.

Please learn the lessons from your campaign. I'm sure you still grew from this experience.
                        "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

So does anyone care about the Caterina empire Tony is trying to build at city hall with his son?
                          I don't think a father-son collaboration should ever happen in municipal elections. Although I respect Tony's politics and his views, this can hurt his career.

Comment

Working...
                          X