• Show
Clear All

• Ward 7 candidate info

http://daveberta.ca/edmonton-election-2013/

Ward 7
    Tony Caterina (Facebook)
    Dave Colburn (Facebook, Twitter)
    Mimi Williams (Facebook, Twitter)
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Info on candidate Mimi Williams:
    http://www.twu-stt.ca/en/court-rules...ams-v-twu-case

Mimi Williams, a former Telus employee and TWU Business Agent (BA), lost her position as a BA in 2007 when her job was terminated from Telus for incidents that occurred during the 2005 labour dispute between the Union and the Company. The 2007 Convention upheld the acting President’s (Peter Massy) decision following her appeal to the Convention to overturn his interpretation of the TWU Constitution when he determined she could not hold her BA position. Mimi Williams sued the TWU for wrongful dismissal and sought to be paid to the end of her term, as well as aggravated and punitive damages.

The May 10 decision determined that Mimi Williams was not wrongfully dismissed and that the TWU did not act in bad faith as she had alleged.

http://www.twu-stt.ca/sites/default/files/20110511.pdf
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Colburn for me. Wish Van Alstein ran again tho
      youtube.com/BrothersGrim
      facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

Originally posted by Komrade View Post
        Colburn for me. Wish Van Alstein ran again tho
        As far as I know, I've read most of the tweets by Colburn and he is consider a poor man's Caterina.

Comment

someone should put this on twitter. get her to explain herself.

Comment

Not many great choices in Ward 7. Caterina has only improved marginally since he was re-elected.
            "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

Caterina isn't that bad these days. His thing was bringing back scheduled service to City Centre Airport. I think he realizes that's now a dead horse and has concentrated on more beneficial things, such as advocating for Alberta Ave...and by extension, concern for more urban issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                Caterina isn't that bad these days.
                Yup. I hated him when he re-started the ugly ECCA debate again, but since that has been put to rest he has been OK. He has even come around somewhat on the new arena.

Comment

Another old High School buddy of mine is running

http://tishprouse.com

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Interesting. Have never head from this fellow before.. he brings up valid points about the ward and the poor attitudes, misconceptions and biases by Edmontonians, including many on this board, towards the area. It'll be interesting to hear how he plans on changing that
                    Over promise and under deliver. It’s the most Edmonton thing you can do.

Comment

Super nice guy, very approachable so be sure to go grab a coffee.

Comment

Mimi Williams called out on Twitter

Originally posted by thatguy View Post
                        someone should put this on twitter. get her to explain herself.
                        Under the #yegarena #yegvote hashtag on Twitter, Mimi Williams is being called out on her past, she admits being fired by Telus twice but not saying anything about her lawsuit against TWU. In fact she called someone a ***** on the #yegarena debate

Mimi Williams ‏@willmimi 2 Sep
                        @margih99 Your feedback is helfpul. Next time I'm trolled by ##yegarena supporters, I'll respond with answers about food security. #yegvote

Someone from CTV, Global, The Edmonton Sun, The Edmonton Journal & The CBC should investigate her past! http://www.twu-stt.ca/sites/default/files/20110511.pdf

Checkout section 32 of the report: admitted to alcoholic and gambling problems and misappropriated funds through Improper use of credit card. (Paraphrasing)

I don't think she can be trusted on council if she had a shady & controversial past!

Comment

Candidates running so far:

Tony Caterina

Dave Colburn

Tish Prowess

Mimi Williams
                          Edmonton first, everything else second.

Comment

Prouse

Comment

read up on Prowse... liked what I read. Caterina.. I dunno. It seems like the only time he does anything is around election time. A few years ago, roads in Beverly were finally repaved. This last election, he finally got off his *** and helped Abbottsfield get the much needed new rec center. Sure, he shows up almost weekly to the Beverly Farmers Market... but other than that you rarely see the guy around.

Comment

Working...
                              X