This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance of Councillor McKeen

Project communications to the Public has been dismal with regards to the streetscape project on Jasper Avenue in the Edmonton downtown core. 32 months after construction complete we are waiting for street poles....so construction is NOT complete. Councillor McKeen dares to say on Global "there s no rush" to get this work completed. And now we hear the design of the poles has changed and likely the LED functions....with no communication or feedback loop to the public that provided input in the design process. Easy to see why there are delays on projects when the Councillor in the Ward is asleep at the switch or does not care...actually had the audacity to brush off public concerns. Time for Councillor McKeen to take a walk in the woods and resign - his best before date is past. I live in the downtown core and am tired of lack lustre performance of this Councillor.

I'm not sure why everyone is so fixated on the street lights when the tunnel beneath that project still leaks and looks like an unfinished basement. If they ever do another try at waterproofing, those fancy lamp poles will have to be ripped out.

Comment

maybe that's an edmonton underground design feature? i hear the ceiling collapsed under the newly repaired tunnel roof to the brownlee building and it may need to stay closed for some time...
      "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

Council needs a few less dilettantes like McKeen and a few more fiscal hard asses like Nickels, especially when it is approving all these BIG ticket items.

Comment

Originally posted by 2cents View Post
          Council needs a few less dilettantes like McKeen and a few more fiscal hard asses like Nickels, especially when it is approving all these BIG ticket items.
          This Council has not approved many 'major' projects at all. They have simply carried out the Mandel vision, and done so on the cheap in some cases (Blatchford for example). What is needed is a visionary, not more Mike Nickel types.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAAE View Post
            Originally posted by 2cents View Post
            This Council has not approved many 'major' projects at all. They have simply carried out the Mandel vision, and done so on the cheap in some cases (Blatchford for example). What is needed is a visionary, not more Mike Nickel types.
            We need more councilors with business backgrounds and success as operators. If it wasn't for Nickels we would probably still have the same City Manager. McKeen should be figuring out why Jasper Ave upgrades have taken so long before they start the changes west of 109 st.

I don't feel confident in the Valley Line based on how the Metro Line was built and I don't see any steps by council to identify what went wrong so it doesn't happen again.

This council had cabbies with their shirts off because they couldn't figure out that in a regulated industry you have to treat all the players the same. Even Brian Mason could figure that one out.

Comment

Why bother talking about performance of councillor McKeen but not other councillors ??
              Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Comment

I'll complain about McKeen because ostensibly he's my representative, though I've not found his words or actions representative of my own views, hopes & desires for the vast majority of his tenure.

The only person I loathe more on City Council is our mayor, "Long Con" Don Iveson.
                Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Working...
                X