X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IanO View Post
    Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    More questions need to be asked.

For instance, during Tuesday's forum, Melinda Hollis was the only Ward 6 candidate who has talked about attracting and retaining more head offices to downtown...this needs to be asked of McKeen and the other serious candidates. Though Hollis won't get my vote because her campaign brochure says she wants to keep the City Centre Airport open.
    She also talked to us about that topic at Cornfest where she claimed that many buildings downtown were empty and that downtown was 'dead'.
    ya 7% commercial vacancy... o so empty.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
      ^ Jacobs former location in the Highfield building (106 St/100 Ave) is virtually sitting empty from what I've heard. First and Jasper is all leased out except for retail.

As for Ms. Hollis, obviously a whole lotta hyperbole in describing what's happening in Calgary (several new towers being built) vs. Edmonton (1 or 2 on the way).

Anyway, I will be asking both Ward 6 and mayoralty candidates about the head office question, believe me.
      Head offices are not important nor will they get you the towers you want... See the recent report that outlines that growth in city cores from Head office acquisition averages 2% of DT growth across Canada...

Support and grow our own first.

would the 106 st locaton be a good choice for ressy conversion? We need to do something with these older office towers.
      "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Yes they are and yes they will, but we should not be directing something like 95% of our resources trying to attract them versus expanding/supporting local ones already here.

Office to Ressy could work, but likely better to keep it B class space.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Thanks to everyone that attended,. We had a great turnout - I believe around 140 people, including 11 of the Ward 6 candidates.

Full list of candidates is now online - http://www.edmonton.ca/city_governme...ns/Ward_06.pdf
          www.decl.org

Comment

Great tour of 104 Street today with most of the Ward 6 candidates, talking about history of the street, development issues and the like.
            www.decl.org

Comment

Originally posted by GreenSPACE View Post
              Great tour of 104 Street today with most of the Ward 6 candidates, talking about history of the street, development issues and the like.

Top_Dawg can only hope that some of dose useless cawkgobblers had enough respect to hoist a nice cold bottle of Canadian or Bud to the eminent memory of the venerable Cecil.

Lest we forget.

May she rest in peace.

Comment

^haha. I'll never forget.
                www.decl.org

Comment

Working...
                X