This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCL/DECL Ward 6 Candidate Forum - Sept 17

The Oliver Community League and Downtown Edmonton Community League are co-hosting a candidate forum for Ward 6 City Councilor. Come out to hear what candidates have to say about issues important to the Oliver and Downtown neighbourhoods and the city at large.

When: Tuesday, September 17th from 6:45p.m.-8:45p.m.

Where: Oliver School 10227 118 St NW, Edmonton, AB

NOTE: Please enter on the East side of the school at 117st

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Given the plethora of candidates, what will the format be for this forum given the two-hour timeframe? (Just curious -- I'm not even in the ward.)

Comment

^Similar to the one set out by the City.

Each candidate will be given a few minutes to speak/introduce themselves, followed by a question period and perhaps some Q&A at the end.

Comment

I'm not in the ward either but the All Candidates Forum for my ward ( 8 ) promises to be really dull. Also this is my old neighborhood and maybe next year I will be moving back. So I'm hoping to attend this one for entertainment value is nothing else.

Eve

Comment

Originally posted by EveB View Post
          I'm not in the ward either but the All Candidates Forum for my ward ( 8 ) promises to be really dull. Also this is my old neighborhood and maybe next year I will be moving back. So I'm hoping to attend this one for entertainment value is nothing else.

Eve
          Given the collection of dweebs and cornholios that Ward 6 has attracted to date, Top_Dawg is skeptical there will be any entertainment value whatsoever.

This is gonna be a total nerd festival.

Comment

I love total nerd festivals. I vote for real candidates, but derive lots of amusement from fringe candidates.

Eve

Comment

Originally posted by Top_Dawg View Post

Eve

Given the collection of dweebs and cornholios that Ward 6 has attracted to date, Top_Dawg is skeptical there will be any entertainment value whatsoever.

lol....absolutely agree

You couldn't pay me to go to one of these

Comment

Good, because we won't.

Comment

I can't see McKeen losing this, unless he gets caught snorting cocaine off the bare buttocks of a dead baby or something like that
                  “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Top_Dawg can.

Totally.

Just need somebody even half decent to jump in.

Comment

Originally posted by Top_Dawg View Post

Eve

Bryan K will make fro an entertaining evening.
                      "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Here is a link to the Facebook Event - https://www.facebook.com/events/495131650580325/
                        www.decl.org

Comment

Anyone know why Kassie Russell dropped out? Was it because there's now like a dozen people running?
                          “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

^personal reasons.

Comment

Reminder - this is next Tuesday!
                              www.decl.org

Comment

Working...
                              X