This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward 2 "State of the Commuter Roadways

One of the top issues on my neighbors minds...

Ward 2 takes the onslaught of Commuter traffic including St. Albert and Northwest Edmonton.

The Anthony Henday has improved access as a ring road, but has also opened access to the core through Ward 2 to a large extent.

The improvements on 149 street initially helped, but now its flooded.

St. Albert trail has had a ton of improvements, but it is constantly bogged from construction and when not under construction the improvements don't seem to have improved capacity to any extent.

127 street and it's controlled lanes is in tough shape with deteriorating surfaces due to over capacity and the South end is very narrow so with any snow build up or other obstruction it becomes clogged solid and somewhat of a hazard. Lack of an overpass at the Yellowhead has created one of the top collision intersections and another plug in the system.

97 street is another overcapacity roadway that is has deteriorating surfaces.

At the same time developments across the North West are increasing demands on all the roadways, plus what comes in from St. Albert and Morinville.

For the last (3) elections improvements and relief has been inferred but there has been no significant change.

Time for some focus on this issue.

In my highly biased personal opinion

One area around 153rd. Ave and Castledowns Rd. that needs looking at is beside Lakeside Landing and the Y. It's a dogs breakfast of lights, crosswalks, transit terminal turn off, fire station and Y entrance/exit. I don't know how many times I have seen people get in the lane to turn into the mall but they have almost turned into the transit terminal. There's either too many traffic light around there or badly placed crosswalks.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

It will be nice getting the LRT through past NAIT and into the NW and up to St Albert. I would hope that any Ward 2 Councillor would be really pushing for the NAIT line to be developed as quickly as possible beyond NAIT, through that underused space, up into Castledowns and later to the st albert border. Should alleviate a lot of the traffic congestion.
      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post
        It will be nice getting the LRT through past NAIT and into the NW and up to St Albert. I would hope that any Ward 2 Councillor would be really pushing for the NAIT line to be developed as quickly as possible beyond NAIT, through that underused space, up into Castledowns and later to the st albert border. Should alleviate a lot of the traffic congestion.
        Rare occasion where we more or less agree...but it's a long way off as I see it

http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/forum...ad.php?t=33345

In my highly biased personal opinion

Comment

127 Street between Yellowhead and 118 Avenue is in very rough shape. The pothole filler guys have actually given up filling individual potholes and have just been blanketing the southbound lanes in asphalt, essentially "paving" overtop of the already existing pavement. Not to mention how extremely narrow the road is...

Comment

Yeah, it's awful. And the narrowness of the road makes it impossible to dodge them as you'll end up sideswiping the car beside you. The entire thing needs to be stripped and repaved in a bad way.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
              Yeah, it's awful. And the narrowness of the road makes it impossible to dodge them as you'll end up sideswiping the car beside you. The entire thing needs to be stripped and repaved in a bad way.
              And widened. Just a terrible terrible road.

Comment

Edmonton doesn't know congestion... Any perceived traffic congestion issues in the city are largely.. perceived.
                "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Originally posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
                  Edmonton doesn't know congestion... Any perceived traffic congestion issues in the city are largely.. perceived.
                  I 100% agree with you but this road is just plain dangerous to drive on. Especially due to how narrow the road is. It is supposed to be a four lane road but due to its width and the plethora of potholes it is more like 3 1/2 lanes. It's even worse when an ETS bus is driving down that road because no matter how hard the bus driver tries to stay in his lane he usually just can't because of the narrowness of the road.

Comment

^ Connors road is getting bad too...

The city has a list of the worst roads or sections of roads... If it's this bad it will likely bee top of pile for the new Main artery replacement program council is working on.
                    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Agreed on Connors! I don't drive it as much but it is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                      X