Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pro-redevelopment council was elected in 2010, with Koziak losing in Ward 2. The city is now spending $80 million to buy out leases at the airport so the redevelopment can begin, but Koziak is again running with the same old mission. If elected, he’ll push for nothing to happen at the closed airport.

Koziak would also stop dollars flowing into LRT expansion.

“LRT is not a good use of our dollars,” he says, mentioning its expansion has caused nightmarish traffic jams.

The $800 spent on the new NAIT line should have been spent turning the Yellowhead into a free-flow freeway, he says.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

^ Yup. That's what I was focussed on. Whatever I may think about the City getting involved in real estate development, the decisions have been made, let's get the shovels in there.

Eve

Comment

Koziak won't get the support of fellow councillors.
        "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

If anything Koziak may take some votes away from Nita Jalkanen, both having the same political slant...

Bodes well for Esslinger I think

Comment

The shame is the conversation doesn't touch on 2 very strong candidates.

Grant and Millar
            Both strong backgrounds
            Both presented very well in the debates
            Both very community oriented.

As for Bev

Check out the details of her time on EPSB before making a decision.

In my highly biased personal opinion

Comment

Thank God Koziak lost. congrats to Esslinger
              “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Working...
              X