Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noodle
    replied
    Yeah, when they split our Wards up I was sad to lose Ben to the other side of the river.

Leave a comment:

• Gord Lacey
    replied
    I have Ben Henderson... he shows up at every public hearing in the community that I've ever been to, and answers emails quickly, and has the appropriate person at the city respond promptly. I definitely got lucky judging by the other comments here.

Leave a comment:

• Top_Dawg
    replied
    Originally posted by H.L. View Post
    McKeen thinks any questions put to him are an inconvenience

He certainly seeks out every news camera like a desperate media whore.

Only to talk down to everybody as if only he has the right take on every issue and it's everybody else that is a *** nut.

Leave a comment:

• H.L.
    replied
    Originally posted by Chmilz View Post
    Originally posted by noodle View Post
    My local representation consists of a councillor who blocked me (no clue why & I can't really find out) & a mayor who mocked me.

Municipal government is a ******* joke in this town.
    I've got Bev Esslinger and when I reach out to her it takes weeks to get responses that are only a few words long. Not a big fan. Kim Krushell was leagues better. It's too bad I had (and still have) a great job when she retired, that would have been the time to run.
    Kim made time, I liked that about her. McKeen thinks any questions put to him are an inconvenience

Leave a comment:

• noodle
    replied
    I've got McKeen & it looks from a cursory glance at my interactions with him on Twitter he blocked me when I disagreed with his anti-pedway crusade.

Leave a comment:

• Chmilz
    replied
    Originally posted by noodle View Post
    My local representation consists of a councillor who blocked me (no clue why & I can't really find out) & a mayor who mocked me.

I've got Bev Esslinger and when I reach out to her it takes weeks to get responses that are only a few words long. Not a big fan. Kim Krushell was leagues better. It's too bad I had (and still have) a great job when she retired, that would have been the time to run.

Leave a comment:

• H.L.
    replied
    My biggest issue with Don is that he has no ability to accept criticism for CoE actions or appreciate honest feedback about things that bother big chunks of the population. He seems to have an inability to objectively look at frustrations from others' point of view. The only real saving grace is that he appears honest and ethical, so at least it doesn't seem like he ignores criticism for evil purposes, but moreso because he's just kind of a little b-tch.
    Yes, he's a little b! tch.lol
    So is where's the camera McKeen!

Leave a comment:

• noodle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chmilz
    replied
    My biggest issue with Don is that he has no ability to accept criticism for CoE actions or appreciate honest feedback about things that bother big chunks of the population. He seems to have an inability to objectively look at frustrations from others' point of view. The only real saving grace is that he appears honest and ethical, so at least it doesn't seem like he ignores criticism for evil purposes, but moreso because he's just kind of a little b-tch.

Leave a comment:

• H.L.
    replied
    Originally posted by McBoo View Post
    I really want to vote for Don, but total douchebag comment (yet again) by him in response to the realities facing independent business people (who he apparently has little use for):

"This is a short-term construction issue," Iveson says of the bike lane. "Whether it's a bike lane or something else, it will pass."

Really? Three years and still counting fat head:
    http://edmontonjournal.com/news/politics/david-staples-bridge-bike-lane-brings-construction-hell-to-glenora-businesses

Unforgivable. Maybe your time has passed Don.
    Oh, it has. I'm waiting for people to tell him, he's the mayor for everyone in Edmonton! Not a select few.

Leave a comment:

• H.L.
    replied
    He's not very liked outside of the downtown core. He'll win, because nobody else is running. Mike Nichols should of ran. Voter turn out will be very low.
    I wouldn't have voted for him again. But I don't have to worry about that anymore, or your taxes being raised!
    Taxes on condos are so high, its ridiculous!

Leave a comment:

• Top_Dawg
    replied
    Originally posted by McBoo View Post
    I really want to vote for Don, but total douchebag comment (yet again) by him in response to the realities facing independent business people (who he apparently has little use for):

"This is a short-term construction issue," Iveson says of the bike lane. "Whether it's a bike lane or something else, it will pass."

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/politics/david-staples-bridge-bike-lane-brings-construction-hell-to-glenora-businesses

Yeah, by now *** nuts should know better than anyone that when it comes to the city, there is no such thing as a short term construction project.

Leave a comment:

• Medwards
    replied
    I normally don't agree with Don, but in this case I do. The two projects (bridge rebuilt, and the downtown bike grid/lanes) are two completely separate projects. What do they expect Don to do? Come down and give them a hug?

Leave a comment:

• McBoo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• schons
    replied
    Originally posted by schons View Post
    Let's try to be clear here, what exactly are we looking for in the upcoming elections for change?
    How do we want our money spent?

I personally have lived in ward 2 my entire life and I still have not met my councilor yet. We need people who relate to us. I don't think Iveson is the ideal person for the mayoral role and I would love to see some serious shifting in the council seating.
    I meet my local councilor and MLA all the time at community league events, and have great conversations with them. If you want to engage with them, do you make the effort, or do you just sit inside your house waiting for them to show up? If you want better results, try something new.

For the record, Esslinger and Loken both come by our community often (Loken's ward borders Griesbach on two sides so he's rather involved), as does David Eggen. Wonderful people. Kerry Diotte has never made an appearance.

I'm quite involved in my community and others for that fact. I've heard people discuss Loken visiting just to keep his vote not because he cares. I've met with my MLA and MP who are very involved and quick to respond. I don't see that from a few of the council members. I want to see younger faces and fresh ideas being brought up. Our youth are growing up in this amazing city and I for one would love to see more youth involvement. Not saying that Loken is a bad apple or against him just simply stating how I see things.

Change is always good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X