• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• election night onward - Don Iveson elected

Don Iveson Elected 44,066 60.5%
    Karen Leibovici 14,073 19.3%
    Kerry Diotte 12,316 16.9%

94/279 polls reporting

Total votes projected to 216,074 after 94 polls.

Comment

Don's in he got it!

Comment

Total votes project to 214,988 after 113 polls.

Comment

Congrats to Don, a big win, and well deserved. I hope he brings a lot of energy to implement a lot of what is sitting on shelves untouched. Great for the city. Implementing "the way we sprawl" would be a good start:

http://doniveson.ca/2009/11/14/the-way-we-growsprawl/

For that plan was better than what we got.
          Last edited by moahunter; 21-10-2013, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Replacement View Post
            Originally posted by North Guy66 View Post
            I thought Kim Krushell would be a good political commentator. But for someone who loved the camera time when serving as a councillor, she doesn't really have anything enlightening to say on CTV's election coverage.
            I haven't much liked her coverage. The "I really like this result" rings as a little different.

So far this has been like viewing who Krushell would invite to a garden party than objective commentary on all the candidates.

I'm actually somewhat surprised the degree to which she is this candid. Although not surprised how partisan she is. I don't think for a moment she's aware that when she's resolutely supporting one candidate that it reflects unfairly on everybody representing democracy in each ward.

Although she is no longer incumbent and needing to work with some of these people so I think she's feeling a little free to say whatever she wants.
            I wish the bolded part was true because she is NOT saying much about anything or anyone.

As a former councillor, we all know on where Krushell leans about certain issues and who her allies are on city council. I'm fine with her being somewhat partisan...."I'm so happy for Sohi!".

But give us some dirt. Tell the viewers why Diotte's campaign failed. Tell us what Leibovici should of done differently. Saying "I really like this result" doesn't really engage me.

Michael Phair has sat on election night panels in previous years. Even though it was obvious who he was pulling for, at least he added substance to the coverage.

Comment

In Kerry Diotte 's HQ , there is many unhappy faces there right now
              Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Comment

Total votes project out to 215,799 after 145 polls.

Comment

BAHAHAHHAHA GOOD also

Don IvesonElected 70,570 61.6%
                  Karen Leibovici 22,070 19.3%
                  Kerry Diotte 18,364 16%
                  More 145/279 polls reporting

Comment

I wonder if Diotte will man up and concede, or childishly wait till the bitter end.

Comment

leibovici won't stop talking here. I've seen presidential winning speeches less lengthy than this.
                      "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Well, there's over 71 000 Edmontonians who are happy.
                        Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Comment

leibovici won't stop talking here. I've seen presidential winning speeches less lengthy than this.
                          I'm surprised she didn't start naming her food caterers she used during her campaign...

Comment

I thought Kim Krushell would be a good political commentator. But for someone who loved the camera time when serving as a councillor, she doesn't really have anything enlightening to say on CTV's election coverage.
                            I haven't much liked her coverage. The "I really like this result" rings as a little different.

So far this has been like viewing who Krushell would invite to a garden party than objective commentary on all the candidates.

I'm actually somewhat surprised the degree to which she is this candid. Although not surprised how partisan she is. I don't think for a moment she's aware that when she's resolutely supporting one candidate that it reflects unfairly on everybody representing democracy in each ward.

Although she is no longer incumbent and needing to work with some of these people so I think she's feeling a little free to say whatever she wants.
                            I wish the bolded part was true because she is NOT saying much about anything or anyone.

As a former councillor, we all know on where Krushell leans about certain issues and who her allies are on city council. I'm fine with her being somewhat partisan...."I'm so happy for Sohi!".

But give us some dirt. Tell the viewers why Diotte's campaign failed. Tell us what Leibovici should of done differently. Saying "I really like this result" doesn't really engage me.

Michael Phair has sat on election night panels in previous years. Even though it was obvious who he was pulling for, at least he added substance to the coverage.
                            Global was actually talking about the dynamics of the election and the interplay and how Diotte was trying to capture an angry vote that really wasn't there. tbh I thought there would be a lot more of it myself. Looks the public has given consent to continuation as opposed to a different direction in council.
                            Although council will be much different with 6 new candidates.
                            "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Originally posted by TerryH View Post
                              Total votes project out to 215,799 after 145 polls.
                              Up to 226,422 after 174 polls.

Comment

Working...
                              X