X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edp
    this was not me being negative
    It was me spreading credible hearsay .......................
    Still waiting for the Arlington site to be reborn .......

Comment

• I think he was talking to me.

Comment

• ahh
        Still waiting for the Arlington site to be reborn .......

Comment

• Re: Karen

She could potentially have a lot of value for the city of Edmonton. She has a lot of experience across Canada working with municipalities, she was a former Liberal MLA and arguable the second choice of most Edmonton voters in the municipal election. I think that she could have a future role in politics...

As we're watching the federal Conservatives falling apart right now, this provides a remarkable opportunity for Karen. While she was defeated by a young charismatic leader, another young, charismatic leader could be her best shot at a continued career in politics - Mr. Trudeau. I'd be surprised if she didn't fight for a Liberal nomination for the upcoming federal election. She'd be a star candidate.

An experienced woman from western Canada with a strong following and name recognition ---> Cabinet position.
          Go down a few dark alleys.

Comment

• I don't know if i agree with you. Karen does possessed experience, but the way she presented herself at our recent civic election, her experience is more of familiarity of autonomy and not so much leadership ability at the precipice height. That has advantages, but only to a small degree. A comparable analogy would be someome taking the same route around the block so many times, and now they can do it blindfolded; however, if that course is disrupted, they stumble. A star? Not... A poignant advisor of autonomy? Yes... If she failed to convince us that she is the star of the lowest denomination of politics, how can she become a big fish in the sea? She does not possess that kind of charisma. If anything, bring Anne McCelland out of retirement.
            Last edited by ctzn-Ed; 23-10-2013, 10:37 PM.
            " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

• We need someone of her expertise to help develop a new funding model for Canadian cities. Yeah she's not a super charismatic politician and not leadership material but she was a very effective councilor. There are many boring, uninspiring MPs with cabinet positions. See: Jim Flaherty.
              Go down a few dark alleys.

Comment

• Election results by polling station/ward: http://www.edmonton.ca/city_governme...ng_Station.pdf

What's remarkable is not just that Iveson won every single ward by wide margins (including Diotte and Leibovici's), but, to my eye (and I'll need to double-check this), I don't think he lost a single polling station, either!

Best Iveson wards:

Ward 8: 69.64%
                Ward 9: 68.87%
                Ward 10: 68.52%
                Ward 6: 67.98%

Don still won his "weakest" Ward (Ward 1) by a 55%-27% margin over Leibovici.
                “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Comment

• ^ Wow, that's remarkable.
                  “It’s so beautiful. What sort of bird is that?”

Comment

• Close but he didn't get:

03-201 Seniors Accommodation Voting Station (tie)
                    Ward 3 City Wide Hospital Vote
                    Ward 5 City Wide Hospital Vote
                    Ward 5 City Wide Special Ballots (tie)
                    Ward 6 City Wide Special Ballots

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Comment

• ^Ah good catch. But double-checking, I think Ward 3 City Wide Hospital Vote and Ward 5 City Wide Hospital Vote were ties, too!
                      “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Comment

• Originally posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
                        I don't know if i agree with you. Karen does possessed experience, but the way she presented herself at our recent civic election, her experience is more of familiarity of autonomy and not so much leadership ability at the precipice height. That has advantages, but only to a small degree. A comparable analogy would be someome taking the same route around the block so many times, and now they can do it blindfolded; however, if that course is disrupted, they stumble. A star? Not... A poignant advisor of autonomy? Yes... If she failed to convince us that she is the star of the lowest denomination of politics, how can she become a big fish in the sea? She does not possess that kind of charisma. If anything, bring Anne McCelland out of retirement.
                        she sold herself as the heir apparent.
                        "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesL View Post
                          ^Ah good catch. But double-checking, I think Ward 3 City Wide Hospital Vote and Ward 5 City Wide Hospital Vote were ties, too!
                          Yup

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Comment

• Originally posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
                            Originally posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
                            I don't know if i agree with you. Karen does possessed experience, but the way she presented herself at our recent civic election, her experience is more of familiarity of autonomy and not so much leadership ability at the precipice height. That has advantages, but only to a small degree. A comparable analogy would be someome taking the same route around the block so many times, and now they can do it blindfolded; however, if that course is disrupted, they stumble. A star? Not... A poignant advisor of autonomy? Yes... If she failed to convince us that she is the star of the lowest denomination of politics, how can she become a big fish in the sea? She does not possess that kind of charisma. If anything, bring Anne McCelland out of retirement.
                            she sold herself as the heir apparent.
                            No! She tried to convince us that she was a proven leader as all the candidates sold themselves as the next leader. I did stated in comments on the ' race for mayor '... " what has she led?" She was invloved in committees. Involved is not lead... Further more, she couldn't even state how she led, but stated in this fashion..." the city needs a proven leader." Was she the president/ceo of a corporation at one point? What? A leader should know how to present confident diposition. Her body and head position during interviews always appear timmid and uncertain; her voice reverberated like a sick kitten. Not confident at all. That was why voters looked pass her, and the business would have too- also stated in my past comments. However, her experience with autonomy must tapped to the fullest.
                            " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

• ok.. she still sold herself as the Heir Apparent. A few media personal expressed the same feelings. especially early on in the campaign.

Her campaign was "it's my turn now, I paid my dues"
                              "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

• I don't know if it is just me...but with the decision made and election over...maybe it is time to move on?

...not a comment against anyone...just one in general.
                                My hope is that you can finally get rid of the anger in your heart, and fill it with peace, compassion, understanding, and a desire to uplift rather than suppress.

After all, we are all together on this home, this pale blue dot, the "only home we've ever known.”

Comment

Working...
                                X