Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would strongly concur that Karen's expertise has to be tapped as mentioned in my view on the mayoral's race. Unfortunately, her persona is weak which led to her failed campaign. Hopefully some sort of portfolio can be created for her. Perhaps develope a position where she can consult Don, and under her umbrella, she can create a consortium to persue business and head office relocation interests to Edmonton. HEAD OFFICE wise, start looking at CN. They have massive interest here already, and their future growth will come from the west. Oil/gas and goods from China via Prince Rupert/Kittima. Edmonton is a perfect logistic and head office location for CN.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

ctzn-Ed I like your idea. I'm happy that Don Iveson is our new mayor, but Karen was my second choice. Her talents and connections could be of value to our city administration.
      Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

Comment

Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
        Kerry had a nice little speech going there for a while, until he went on a childish "sour grapes" rant about how voters REALLY agree with him (despite coming in a distant 3rd).

The fact that he didn't shut up after thanking his volunteers and congratulating the election winners, demonstrated what a poor choice of a mayor he would've been. He also admitted that doesn't learn from his mistakes.... when he finished his speech saying he "wouldn't have done it any different".

Good riddance to this rubbish on council - he can now post to his heart's content on twitter at Tim Horton's instead of in council meetings.
        I am sure he will sue people.. that is what he tends to do.
        "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Originally posted by Gord Lacey View Post
          I think we have a geeky mayor, and that's pretty cool
          Indeed, one of us!

Originally posted by Don Iveson on twitter
          Don Iveson ‏@doniveson
          Got to try to out-eyebrow Karl Urban at @edmontonexpo today. “He’s a Dr, not a politician.”

Comment

Kerry's weakness at the poles was foreshadowed by his comparitive lack of campaign contributions.

From Metro News:

Originally posted by Metro News
            Diotte has been silent on his finances in the campaign, but he said he had between one quarter and one fifth of the $600,000 his opponents had, with less than $150,000 for the race.
            As someone else on C2E postulated earlier (can't remember who), he likely held back the list of his campaign contributors to hide how little support he had.

Comment

^ are we surprised..... no not really.

Just go to show what happens when you surround yourself with yes people....

"Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Originally posted by Ustauk View Post
                Kerry's weakness at the poles was foreshadowed by his comparitive lack of campaign contributions.

From Metro News:

Originally posted by Metro News
                Diotte has been silent on his finances in the campaign, but he said he had between one quarter and one fifth of the $600,000 his opponents had, with less than $150,000 for the race.
                As someone else on C2E postulated earlier (can't remember who), he likely held back the list of his campaign contributors to hide how little support he had.
                The lack of donation is so they could save it to pay for the arena.

Comment

I was a strong supporter of Karen until she started sitting on the neutrality fence on a several key issues. I saw it as her trying to please as many people as possible.

The main one that had me vote Don was when she was asked about urban sprawl and her answer was "we have to build upwards and outwards".

Comment

Which means she has no answer.

Comment

• Don Braid is hopeful: http://www.calgaryherald.com/opinion...114/story.html
                      I wish I could share in his optimism.

Comment

• Sidebar

Interesting perspective on Doug Griffiths which starts as follow (Quote from Don Braid's Article)
                        "Nenshi has been especially harsh toward Municipal Affairs Minister Doug Griffiths, saying he’s stalled the charter and hasn’t done a single thing for Calgary......"

Article continues on in this vein somewhat against Griffiths

BTW Griffiths is rumored to be running against and possiblly superseding our current Premier at the PC meeting and vote in Red Deer next month
                        Still waiting for the Arlington site to be reborn .......

Comment

• Poor Preston manning and his "municipal gov't agenda" is looking less and less relevant.

Comment

• ^^Interesting gossip about Griffiths and the leadership review. Any shareable sources?

^Careful. Underestimating Preston Manning is a mug's game.

Comment

• old PC dogs yackin over their congacs
                              Still waiting for the Arlington site to be reborn .......

Comment

• ^ you are too negative...

Redford is going to have to come out strong in both cities......

I am very excited to find out what is in the muni gov't act changes!! They are ready to be tabled say my friends at the GOA.

Comment

Working...
                                X